Comparing the value of different projects - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rekter

Comparing the value of different projects

Yes, this is true, many people believe that the price of the currency in the crypto market reflects the total value of the project, but the matter is much greater, as it relates to its marketing value and the percentage of circulation of this project in the market, and therefore it is not possible, for example, to consider Litecoin better than Ripple only because its price is more

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

@rekter you keep amazing me with your very useful post. You’re definitely right the. Coin's price is not a factor to determinate if the coin cheap or not. 

Now I'm searching for the project of wazirx coin WRX it's a good one it's was with 0.06 in the month of mars and now it's with 0.13 dollars it's a very high increasing and we can see that it's a good project like you say,it's supported by wazirx exchange and the binance exchange 

• +1 1

At the moment, I think the easiest way to compare currencies is to look at the market and see the currency that is being traded extensively by the herd will be the best.

I agree with you these days many people are comparing big cryptocurrency with small cryptocurrency some days ago one of my friend told me that dogecoin will beat bitcoin how I can tell that because he is new in cryptocurrency 

• +1 1

I fully agree with you, and i also wanted to point out something else.

If you think about market's offers, you have to take into consideration that the more offers the market has to provide you then price can literally go down.

On the other hand as vice versa if offers are way too low, prices will become higher.

That's how basically projects valuate their coins (icos, alts and so on).

• +1 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

Yes, the value of different coins should not be compared with others since they most time have different roadmaps and an event can just trigger a price surge.

• +1 1

Currency rates do not limit you from buying them, but the percentage of dealing with them and what you might gain from investing a financial amount on them is what matters, for example, if you invest on xrp about $ 200 and on the price of $ 0.20 and the price rises to $ 0.30 and you sold it you will find yourself got $ 100 in excess of what the currencies invested does not have to be bought exactly at the same price

• +1 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

The most important thing in the evaluation of currencies is that they are present in the strongest platforms and have a distinct project as well as a good trading volume

• +1 2

Life is great and enjoy it

This is true.
I personally do a comparison of currencies from several points, including the project of companies with cryptocurrencies, for there is certainly a company with a better project than the other company.

That's a very good topic you have chosen and definitely there is no doubt if peoples are not having idea about currencies fluctuation then their investment will never give them good profit because the person who knows about currencies very well they will put the investment on the currencies whose rate is very low for long time period and it will give them more money when the rate will go high.

• +1 1

Also in this comparing there is alot of things 

Must think in them like the time of project 

And is the benefit of the project worth the time 

Or not and alot of more...

You are somewhat right. In fact, some people collect one whole coin and sell them at a price higher than their price. I don’t know much why.

• +1 1

Yeah, we can see many coins that it's the price is more than 10,000 dollars! And it's in the end scam currency! I think when we want to know about the currency so we have to look for its volume value! Because it's mean that it is good for trading or now 

The position or initial price of the currency does not indicate anything to be relied upon in the future. Rather, the thing that can be relied upon is the amount of liquidity that is collected before the initial offering process, the extent of its support team's activity, in addition to the extent of their response in their discussion communities on various platforms with users, as well as the white paper that explains the project, its objectives and the uses of the future currency.

• +1 1

On 4/10/2020 at 4:05 PM, rekter said:

I see that lot's of people have misunderstood how the projects are valued so here we go:

Coin that's being priced as $0.0005 or under it doesn't mean it's cheap, just like some coin being priced over $10k or $20k doesn't mean it's "expensive", not in any way.

Because that's not enough information to define the value.

Price of of a single "full" coin doesn't mean anything by itself, because that's not how you compare it to other projects. If the project has a low supply, the price of a single coin can easily be valued higher then the project with a large circulating supply.

Coins are valued by marketcap and that's counted by (circulating_supply * price_per_coin), so when i hear XRP for being "cheap" compared to others, i cringe because it's not. With the current price of $0.187759 XRP is 2nd most expensive altcoin out there. Not "cheap". Monero for example with the current price of $54.75 is over 18 times cheaper then XRP.

So there, be free to ask something if i need to explain it further.

Edit: (11.4.2020) - Changed the topic from "Value of a coin or a token" to "Comparing the value of different projects", because the original topic seemed to cause confusion.

I am totally agree with you about this explanations Between cheap and expensive currency... We cant say easily cheap to a currency.. Like some people say doge coin so cheap but i dont think so becuase now doge price is around.0.0032 usd so if you have now 1 million doge and next week its price goes up to 0.0040 usd then can you imagine how big profit you will received.. So its should not be judge by the price only               

The success of one currency or another does not depend on its price at all An example of this is the link currency, where its price was very low a year ago and now it has achieved huge increases This is because of the strong project based on it and the partnerships that it got And another example of the yam coin, its price was about $ 600 at the time of offering, and due to an error the price collapsed dramatically and caused losses to all

• +1 1

Coin market cap Is my second teacher after my experience and confidence to go on trading, Investment making.

This is where I spend almost all my free time too studying the fluctuations of prices, comparing and contrasting the values to allow clear vision and full understandings to be able to sort out most value coins to benefits me.

• +1 1

Some inexperienced people don`t regard important factors and sometimes they can make a wrong conclusion about project prospective, value and potential interest from community. People just need to learn about cryptocurrency supply and how price depends on it, then everything about project value will be clear 

• +1 1

thank you for your informative topic, till today when i know how any coin give his value, i see many coins like XRP XLM, and others have small value in the trading but they have good projects and good rank in coinmarketcap

• +1 1

3 hours ago, benalmoh88 said:

thank you for your informative topic, till today when i know how any coin give his value, i see many coins like XRP XLM, and others have small value in the trading but they have good projects and good rank in coinmarketcap

If you are new to crypto then always invest in good projects and good rank coin. Most of the people make mistake by investing in cheap coins. Before investing you have to fully analysis about the company financially and technically. So, you should learn how to invest.

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 4/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, Raven said:

I saw the value of every coins in the market is decreasing rapidly because of the crisis that we're encountering right now. If this crisis ends, the value of every coins or tokens in the market will back to the original value of it or maybe overpassed to it especially bitcoin and XRP(ripple). 

As of now some coins increasing their value which is a good sign that possible for those to increase more in the near future that's why if we invest in some coins then we have a chance to gain more profits. 

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

I think it always falls down to functionality and its way of doing things we need to really define a lot of things in so many ways we have to really even check what we do in every corner of the market, the coin that is developed has its own source, it can be high and big but at the end it should be the function that it has rewarding

• +1 2

Every project has it own power and the power of the project is what mostly determine the value of the coins in the Cryptocurrency marketplace and that is why till date there is no project that is successful as that of bitcoin because the project is very powerful right from the beginning, so don't compare value of project to each other because there value varies from each other in volume and other things.

Edited by Solex
Error in typing.
  • +1 1

On 9/6/2020 at 4:24 PM, Solex said:

Every project has it own power and the power of the project is what mostly determine the value of the coins in the Cryptocurrency marketplace and that is why till date there is no project that is successful as that of bitcoin because the project is very powerful right from the beginning, so don't compare value of project to each other because there value varies from each other in volume and other things.

I am not sure what you are talking about here, why shouldn't i compare altcoin valuations? That's the whole reason why coinmarketcap exists (except pegged coins that shouldn't really even be on the list).

Marketcap the only way to calculate current valuation of an altcoin against any other cryptocurrency or gold / stocks for example.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Друзья, наши курс на данный момент: USDT – RUB – 85 (Не забывайте, что курсы нестабильны, точные данные можете узнать в моменте у поддержки)
    • Добрый день всем нынешним и будущим клиентам 😊 Курс по направлению: BTC – RUB – 5 425 860 Обменник работает в ручном режиме, 24/7. Подробности уточняйте у операторов.  
    • Доброго времени, уважаемые пользователи форума! Хотели бы напомнить, что на нашем обменном сервисе действует акция "Соверши обмен и получи бонус 5$".   Ваше мнение очень важно для нас. Мы стремимся постоянно улучшать наши услуги, и Ваш отзыв поможет нам стать еще лучше. Поделитесь своим опытом использования нашего сервиса, оставив отзыв, и получите приятный бонус от нас!   Как оставить отзыв? 1. Совершите успешный обмен на любую сумму. 2. После обработки заявки у вас появится список площадок для оставления отзыва. 3. Напишите приятный отзыв и предоставьте скриншот скриншот отзыва нашему чат-менеджеру на сайте обменного сервиса; Благодарим Вас, что пользуетесь нашими услугами и помогаете нам развиваться и улучшать наш сервис! Контактная информация:- Сайт: Bitkit.Money- Почта: support@bitkit.money- Телеграм (кликабельно)  
    • Проходим тестнет от Hybrid и CoinList.                 Напомню, Hybrid — это блокчейн первого уровня, совместимый с EVM, разработанный для создания агентов ИИ.   Пока без инвестиций, однако скоро будут IDO раунды. На твиттер проекта подписаны Galxe, Cookie3, SecondLive и Wisdomise AI.Сейчас Hybrid вместе с Coinlist запустили тестнет и выделили 6% на дроп для комьюнити.Что делаем? Заходим на сайт;   Берем тестовые токены;   Бриджим HYB в Sepolia Testnet; Фармим транзакции;   Пользуемся сканом;   Пишем отзывы.   Дедлайн: 28 августа.   Рекомендую прогнать данный тестнет, так как поддержка у проекта хорошая, сам тестнет подкреплен Coinlist, и на дроп выделено приемлемое количество токенов.
    • Дорогие пользователи!Мы уменьшили по всем направлениям минимальные порог по обменным операциям!Ждём Вас на  MisterBit ←(можно кликнуть для открытия)
    • Конец недели привел к увеличению вывода средств из спотовых биржевых фондов (ETF) биткойнов ( BTC ), в результате чего общий чистый отток по этим продуктам превысил 544 миллиона долларов. По данным Farside Investors , 21 июня чистый отток спотовых биткойн- ETF составил $105,9 млн, что делает его шестым днем подряд, когда отток превышает $100 млн.  Основная часть этих оттоков пришлась на три крупных фонда: Fidelity Wise Origin Bitcoin Fund (FBTC) с $44,8 млн, Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) с $34,2 млн и ARK 21Shares Bitcoin ETF (ARKB) с $28,8 млн. Спотовые потоки биткойн-ETF 14-21 июня | Источник: Farside Investors. Несмотря на медвежьи настроения на рынке, не все ETF последовали этой тенденции. Биткойн-ETF Франклина (EZBC) сумел переломить тенденцию, обеспечив приток $1,9 млн в тот же день. Со своей стороны, iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) компании BlackRock, крупнейший биткойн-ETF по количеству холдингов, оставался нейтральным без каких-либо существенных изменений. Недавняя тенденция оттока средств примечательна, особенно если учесть, что только на прошлой неделе чистый отток спотовых биткойн-ETF составил $580,6 млн. Это произошло после четырех недель подряд чистых поступлений, которые в совокупности добавили к этим инвестиционным продуктам около 4 миллиардов долларов. Проблемы на рынке биткойнов усугубляются на фоне усиления FUD и активности китов Более широкий рынок криптовалют испытывает повышенный страх, неуверенность и сомнения (FUD), что нашло отражение в падении цены Биткойна ниже отметки в 64 500 долларов. Данные внутри сети также выявили значительную активность среди биткойн- китов, владеющих значительными объемами BTC. Согласно информации, предоставленной генеральным директором CryptoQuant Ки Ён Джу на X, за последние две недели киты продали BTC примерно на 1,2 миллиарда долларов. Эта тенденция обналичивания совпала с отрицательными чистыми потоками в спотовых BTC ETF.  Джу предупредил, что если эта ликвидность на стороне продаж не будет поглощена, это может привести к тому, что больше BTC будет размещено на биржах, что потенциально повлияет на рынок еще больше. В последние недели цена основной криптовалюты столкнулась с трудностями. 21 июня стоимость Биткойна упала до 63 500 долларов. По данным CoinGecko, с тех пор он немного восстановился, прибавив около 750 долларов за последние 24 часа. Биткойн 7-дневный график цен | Источник: CoinGecko Тем не менее, за последние 14 дней монета упала на 7,2%, что отражает продолжающуюся волатильность на рынке.
    • Сначала лучше проработать свои стратегии на демо-счете, и когда уже будешь уверен, можно заходить с реальным депозитом.
    • Обменный сервис Delets предлагает выгодные условия для обмена криптовалют и фиатных денег. На сайте представлены курсы обмена более чем 35 популярных криптовалют, таких как Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, а также возможность вывода средств на рублёвые карты Visa, Mastercard, МИР, на Турецкие лиры, на Белорусские рубли, Казахтанские тенге и другие платёжные системы. Сервис работает круглосуточно без выходных, что позволяет пользователям совершать операции в любое удобное время.Наши контактыПочта: support@delets.online
    • Майкл Делл, основатель и генеральный директор Dell Technologies, вызвал ажиотаж любопытным сообщением, предполагающим, что его компания рассматривает биткойн как возможную инвестицию. 21 июня Делл написал в Твиттере: «Дефицит создает ценность» — фраза, которую часто ассоциируют с Биткойном из-за ограничения его предложения в 21 миллион токенов на фоне растущего спроса . Его твит быстро привлек внимание Майкла Сэйлора, известного сторонника Биткойна как корпоративного актива. Источник: Х Последующий репост ответа Сэйлора Деллу в сочетании с изображением Cookie Monster, поедающего биткойны, вызвал на рынке ажиотаж в ожидании того, что он может инвестировать в криптовалюту в будущем либо из своего личного инвестиционного портфеля, либо через свою компанию.  Биткойн-твит Делла появился после того, как он вывел в фиат 2,1 миллиарда долларов Недавние финансовые шаги Dell создают сильный фон для потенциальных инвестиций в биткойн. Например, акции Dell Technologies выросли почти в пять раз с момента их возвращения на публичный рынок в декабре 2018 года. Только за последние 18 месяцев обыкновенные акции компании класса C выросли с $40 до $145 за акцию, увеличив чистую стоимость Dell в четыре раза примерно до 120 миллиардов долларов, что делает его 14-м самым богатым человеком в мире . Еженедельный график динамики акций DELL.   На данный момент в 2024 году Dell вывела в фиат 2,1 миллиарда долларов, сохранив при этом 58% акций компании. Другими словами, у него есть избыточный капитал, который можно использовать на рынке биткойнов, особенно на фоне растущего долга США, который может негативно повлиять на стоимость доллара США в будущем.   Что, если в портфеле Dell Technologies будет 1% биткойнов? Джо Консорти, аналитик Bitcoin Layer — глобальной фирмы, занимающейся макроэкономическими исследованиями, — утверждает , что Биткойн может получить выгоду из таких корпораций, как Dell Technologies, учитывая их потенциал для получения дополнительных денежных средств благодаря появлению технологий искусственного интеллекта, позволяющих сократить расходы. «Высокая прибыль от их резервов во время бума искусственного интеллекта обеспечит дополнительный буфер для распределения капитала в то время, когда расходы и масштабирование в производстве компьютеров не были такими быстрыми и ожесточенными в течение десятилетий», — написал он, добавив: Денежные средства и их эквиваленты Dell Technologies. Источник: Блумберг Для корпораций владение даже небольшим процентом баланса в биткойнах — скажем, 1% — может дать им значительное преимущество перед конкурентами. Например, если Dell Technologies направит 1% своих денежных резервов в размере $5,83 млрд на Биткойн, что составляет $58,3 млн, она потенциально может увидеть, что эти инвестиции вырастут до $118,7 млн всего за один год, исходя из исторической годовой доходности Биткойна, составляющей примерно 103,5% за последний год. прошлое десятилетие. Совокупный годовой темп роста Биткойна. Источник: Curve.eu Исторические данные показывают, что корпорации могут получить большую выгоду от инвестиций в биткойны. Например, MicroStrategy Сэйлора может похвастаться ошеломляющей прибылью в размере около $6,33 млрд от стратегических приобретений BTC за последние годы. Доходность BTC MicroStrategy на акцию MSTR. Источник: MSTR-Трекер.com В то же время ведущие инвесторы, такие как Уоррен Баффет, воздерживаются от покупки биткойнов. Гипотетически Баффет увеличил бы доходность своей компании Berkshire Hathaway с 214% до 240% за пять лет, если бы он выделил хотя бы 1% ее чистого портфеля в биткойны. «Биткойн — это единственный лучший актив, с помощью которого можно получить огромную прибыль с поправкой на риск в течение любого многолетнего периода», — отметил Консорти, добавив:
    • Forex and Cryptocurrency Forecast for June 24 - 28, 2024 EUR/USD: Eurozone - Rising Inflation, Falling Economy   As revised Eurostat data published on Monday, June 17, showed, inflation (CPI) in the 20 Eurozone countries accelerated to 2.6% (y/y) in May, compared to 2.4% in April when it was at its lowest since November 2023. The consumer price index in the services sector increased annually from 3.7% to 4.1%. Core inflation, excluding the cost of food and energy (CPI Core), accelerated to 2.9% in May, compared to 2.7% in April - the lowest since February 2022.   Such growth in consumer prices gave euro bulls a faint hope that the European Central Bank (ECB) would slow down the rate cut. Against this backdrop, EUR/USD went up, reaching a local high of 1.0760. However, the business activity statistics (PMI) in the Eurozone, released on June 21, showed that to support the economy, the rate needs to be reduced further, not frozen at the current level of 4.25%.   In Germany, the locomotive of the European economy, the PMI index in the manufacturing sector was 43.4 points in June, worsening compared to the May figure of 45.4 and significantly below the forecast of 46.4. The PMI index in the services sector fell from 54.2 to 53.5, failing to meet market expectations of 54.4. The preliminary Composite PMI index for Germany also declined in June to 50.6 points, against the forecast of 52.7 and 52.4 in May. It is worth noting that all three indicators were the weakest in the last two months.   Eurozone statistics, in general, were not very encouraging. According to preliminary data, the PMI index in the manufacturing sector fell from 47.3 in May to 45.6 in June, missing the forecast of 47.9. The PMI index in the services sector decreased from 53.2 to 52.6 (forecast 53.5). The Composite PMI fell from 52.2 to 50.8 (forecast 52.5) and nearly reached the critical mark of 50.0 points, separating progress from regression.   After these data were released, market participants awaited similar statistics from the USA, which were to be published at the end of the workweek. The Composite PMI showed that business activity in the US private sector, unlike the Eurozone, continues to grow confidently. According to preliminary estimates, this indicator increased from 54.5 in May to 54.6 in June. The PMI in the manufacturing sector grew from 51.3 to 51.7 over the same period, while the services sector business activity index increased from 54.8 to 55.1. All these indicators exceeded analysts' expectations (51.0 and 53.4, respectively).   In addition to PMI data, the Fed's monetary policy report at the end of Friday also drew significant interest. Following its publication, EUR/USD ended the week at 1.0691. Regarding the analysts' forecast for the near term, as of the evening of June 21, it remained unchanged from seven days ago. Thus, 60% of experts voted for the pair's decline, 20% for its growth, and another 20% remained neutral. In technical analysis, 100% of trend indicators and oscillators on D1 sided with the dollar and turned red, although a quarter of the latter are in the oversold zone. The nearest support for the pair is in the 1.0665-1.0670 zone, followed by 1.0600-1.0615, 1.0565, 1.0495-1.0515, 1.0450, and 1.0370. Resistance zones are located at 1.0760, then at 1.0810, 1.0890-1.0915, 1.0945, 1.0980-1.1010, 1.1050, and 1.1100-1.1140.   Next week, there is plenty of interesting and important information expected from the USA. On Tuesday, June 25, the US Consumer Confidence Index will be published. On Wednesday, June 26, we will learn the results of the US bank stress test. On Thursday, June 27, data on the US GDP for Q1 2024 and the number of initial jobless claims in the country will be released. Finally, at the end of the workweek, on Friday, June 28, data on the US consumer market, including such an important inflation indicator as the Core Personal Consumption Expenditure Index, will be published.   GBP/USD: How the Interest Rate Will Fall   On Wednesday, June 19, a day before the Bank of England (BoE) meeting, consumer inflation (CPI) data was published in the UK. Overall, the picture was quite good. The consumer price index remained at the previous level of 0.3% month-on-month, lower than the projected 0.4%. Year-on-year, the CPI fell from 2.3% to 2.0%, reaching the central bank's target for the first time since October 2021. The core index (Core CPI), excluding volatile components such as food and energy prices, also showed a noticeable decrease from 3.9% to 3.5% (y/y).   The still high level of inflation in the services sector was disappointing. This indicator was higher than forecasted in the central bank's May report and amounted to 5.7% (y/y) against the expected 5.3%. "Indicators such as rent growth remain quite high. [...] These data confirm that the Bank of England will not lower rates at tomorrow's meeting," commented ING Bank strategists on the published statistics on June 19, and they were right.   At its meeting on Thursday, June 20, the Bank of England left the key interest rate unchanged for the seventh consecutive time, at 5.25%. Seven members of the Monetary Policy Committee voted for such a decision, two votes were cast for lowering the rate, and zero votes for increasing it. According to several policymakers, such a decision by the regulator was "finely balanced."   The latest data on inflation in the services sector is unlikely to prevent the BoE from starting a cycle of easing its monetary policy (QE) in the second half of the year. Especially since, according to the Committee members, the higher-than-expected CPI was due to one-off wage payment factors.   If the parliamentary elections in the UK on July 4 and the inflation report on July 17 do not present significant surprises, the Bank of England is expected to begin lowering rates as early as August. As ING Bank strategists write, "markets are pricing in a 43% probability of the first rate cut in August and expect easing by 46 basis points (bps) by the end of the year." TDS analysts, in turn, give the following forecast: "We expect a 15 bps rate cut by the August meeting and around 50 bps in total for 2024." Several other market participants' forecasts also suggest a reduction of about 30 bps by November.   On the day after the BoE meeting, Friday, June 21, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) published fresh data on retail sales in the UK, which were significantly higher than forecasted. In May, they increased by 2.9% (m/m) after falling by -1.8% in April, with markets expecting a growth of 1.5%. The core retail sales index, excluding automotive fuel, also grew by 2.9% (m/m) against a previous decline of -1.4% and a market forecast of 1.3%. Year-on-year, retail sales increased by 1.3% compared to April's decrease of -2.3%, while core retail sales rose by 1.2% (y/y) against -2.5% a month earlier.   Preliminary business activity (PMI) data were mixed. However, overall, they showed that the UK's economy is on the rise. PMI in the manufacturing sector increased from 51.2 to 51.4 points (forecast 51.3). Business activity in the services sector amounted to 51.2, below the previous value of 52.9 and the forecast of 53.0. The Composite PMI showed a slight decline to 51.7 against the forecast of 53.1 and 53.0 a month earlier. Despite the last two indicators being below previous values, they still remain above the 50.0 horizon separating economic growth from decline.   Against this backdrop, the pound attempted to recoup some losses but failed, and GBP/USD ended the week at 1.2643, turning strong support in the 1.2675 zone into resistance.   The analysts' forecast for the near term looks neutral: 50% of experts voted for the dollar to strengthen, while the same number (50%) preferred the British currency.   As for technical analysis on D1, the advantage is on the dollar's side. Among trend indicators, the ratio of forces between red and green is 75% to 25% in favour of the former. Among oscillators, 85% point south (a quarter signals the pair is oversold) and only 15% look north. If the pair continues to fall, it will encounter support levels and zones at 1.2575-1.2610, 1.2540, 1.2445-1.2465, 1.2405, and 1.2300-1.2330. In the event of the pair's growth, it will face resistance at levels 1.2675, 1.2740-1.2760, 1.2800-1.2820, 1.2850-1.2860, 1.2895-1.2900, 1.2965-1.2995, 1.3040, and 1.3130-1.3140.   As for the events of the coming week, not many are expected. Among the most important is the publication of the UK's GDP data on Friday, June 28.   USD/JPY: BoJ Rate Hike Chances Close to Zero     At its meeting on June 13-14, the Bank of Japan (BoJ) kept the interest rate unchanged at 0.1%. Recall that in March this year, the central bank made a "bold" move by raising the rate for the first time since 2007 (it had been at a negative level of -0.1% since 2016). However, after this single rate hike in 17 years, the BoJ is unlikely to continue raising it in the foreseeable future, no matter how much some analysts and investors might want it.   Such desires and forecasts are popular due to the very low level of the Japanese currency. In early 2011, USD/JPY traded around 76.00, and since then, the yen has weakened more than twofold – on April 29, 2024, the pair reached a level of 160.22, the highest since 1986. This negatively affects national businesses. The benefits of a weak yen for exports do not cover the negatives for imports, as the trade balance is negative; the country imports more than it exports. Expensive imports, primarily raw materials and energy, reduce production profitability. GDP growth rates are falling – in Q1 2024, this indicator showed an economic contraction to -1.8% (y/y) compared to +0.4% in the previous quarter. Additionally, the national debt relative to GDP is approaching 265%.   In such a situation, the economy needs support, not restraint by raising the key interest rate. Moreover, compared to other G10 countries, inflation in Japan is low and has been steadily declining in recent months. According to fresh data, the national CPI index, excluding food and energy prices, fell from 2.4% to 2.1%. Moreover, in June, it could fall below the BoJ's target level of 2.0%. Thus, combating inflation by raising rates is unnecessary and even harmful. But how can the yen's position be strengthened then?   Another method besides tightening monetary policy (QT) is currency interventions. Japan's top currency diplomat Masato Kanda stated on June 20 that the government "will respond carefully to excessive currency movements" and that he "has never felt limited in the potential for currency interventions" and that the interventions conducted in May "were quite effective in combating excessive currency movements caused by speculators." The words are beautiful. However, looking at the chart, one would argue with the official about the effectiveness of the interventions. Of course, USD/JPY retreated from the 160.00 mark for a while. But this period was quite short, and now it is again approaching this height. One can also recall similar actions in previous years, which only temporarily restrained the national currency's weakening.   This time, it seems officials have come up with another way to increase the effectiveness of monetary policy without changing rates. According to Reuters, the Ministry of Finance's commission is likely to urge the government to issue shorter-maturity debt obligations to reduce the risk of interest rate changes. (For reference, the yield on 10-year Japanese government bonds currently exceeds 0.9%, nine times the central bank's rate). The last chord of the past week for USD/JPY was set at 159.79. The continuation of the Fed's tight policy, confirmed at the June meeting, and the BoJ's ongoing soft policy still play in favour of the dollar. (Although, of course, new currency interventions are not excluded). Economists from Singapore's United Overseas Bank (UOB) believe that only a breakthrough of support at 156.50-156.80 will indicate that the pair's current upward momentum has faded.   The median forecast of experts for the near term is as follows: 75% of them voted for the pair's move south and the yen's strengthening (apparently expecting new interventions), while the remaining 25% pointed north. Indicators show the opposite picture; they have not even heard about interventions. Therefore, all 100% of trend indicators and oscillators on D1 are green, although 20% of the latter are in the overbought zone. The nearest support level is around 158.65, followed by 157.60-158.20, 156.80-157.05, 156.00-156.10, 155.45-155.80, 154.50-154.70, 153.60, 152.85, 151.85, 150.80-151.00, 149.70-150.00, 148.40, 147.60, and 146.50-147.10. The nearest resistance is in the 160.00-160.20 zone, followed by 162.50.   The upcoming week looks busy on Friday, June 28. On this day, data on consumer inflation (CPI) in the Tokyo region will be published, as well as data on industrial production volumes and the labour market situation in Japan. No other important economic statistics are planned for the coming days.   CRYPTOCURRENCIES: Patience, Patience, and More Patience   In the last review, we published a forecast by MN Capital founder Michael van de Poppe, who expected BTC/USD to fall to the $60,000-65,000 range. The analyst was essentially correct – the week's low was recorded on Friday, June 21, when the price dropped to around $63,365.   This time, we want to draw attention to the forecast of another influencer, the president of Euro Pacific Capital and a fierce opponent of cryptocurrencies, Peter Schiff. We have quoted his apocalyptic predictions multiple times. This time, the financier outlined a possible hedge fund strategy that would lead to bitcoin's collapse. According to him, investors in exchange-traded BTC spot ETFs treat digital gold as a speculative asset. Schiff noted that bitcoin has been in a "sideways" trend for the third month, trading below the March high. With such dynamics, investors might lose patience and decide to close positions at some point, causing BTC quotes to collapse amid a lack of liquidity.   It must be said that Schiff's negative forecast has some basis – in recent days, American spot Bitcoin ETFs have indeed shown an outflow of funds. Since June 7, their cumulative balance has decreased by $879 million to $15 billion. Over the past two weeks, long-term whale holders have sold digital gold worth $1.2 billion, with more than $370 million attributed to GBTC. Thus, whales and ETFs have collectively created downward pressure worth $1.7 billion during this time.   Of course, a cryptocurrency market crash is unlikely, no matter how much Peter Schiff might want it. However, the current situation raises concerns among many specialists. Usually, bullish cryptocurrency markets are fueled by general enthusiasm around the digital coin. However, analysts at IntoTheBlock observe that despite a surge in activity among major holders (whales) earlier this year, there is no influx of new participants in the market. In fact, the number of primary BTC users has sharply dropped to multi-year lows, falling to levels seen during the bear market of 2018. This lack of growth creates a critical misunderstanding of why investors are not buying bitcoins. "Retail investors remain on the sidelines," IntoTheBlock notes.   Perhaps it is all due to the relaxed summer mood, general macroeconomic gloom, lack of sources of fresh money inflow, and other drivers. But everything can change, of course. Speaking at the BTC Prague 2024 conference, MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor reiterated that bitcoin should be considered one of the safest assets today.   When asked by journalists whether it is time to sell BTC, the entrepreneur replied that the asset currently lacks fundamental growth catalysts, but a price rise should be expected soon. According to Michael Saylor, those who show patience will later receive enormous profits from owning digital gold. (For reference: MicroStrategy is the largest holder of bitcoins among public companies, with 205,000 BTC on its balance sheet, worth over $13 billion). Analysts at the financial company Bernstein have raised the target price of the first cryptocurrency to $200,000 by the end of 2025. The forecast is driven by expectations of "unprecedented demand from spot bitcoin ETFs managed by BlackRock, Fidelity, Franklin Templeton, and others." "We believe that ETFs have become a turning point for cryptocurrencies, causing structural demand from traditional pools of capital. In total, ETFs have attracted around $15 billion in new net funds," Bernstein's explanatory note reads.   According to the company's experts, bitcoin is in a new bullish cycle. They called the halving a unique situation where natural selling pressure from miners is halved or more, and new demand catalysts for cryptocurrency appear, leading to exponential price movements. Analysts pointed to previous cycles: in 2017, digital gold rose to a high roughly five times the marginal production cost and then fell to a low of 0.8 of this figure in 2018. "During the 2024-2027 cycle, we expect bitcoin to rise to 1.5 times this metric, implying a cycle high of $200,000 by mid-2025," Bernstein believes.   For now, at the time of writing, on the evening of Friday, June 21, the BTC/USD pair is far from $200,000 and trades at $64,150. The total cryptocurrency market capitalization stands at $2.34 trillion ($2.38 trillion a week ago). The Bitcoin Fear & Greed Index dropped from 70 to 63 points over 7 days but remains in the Greed zone.   To conclude the review, here's news from the world of Artificial Intelligence. For many years, there have been ongoing debates about the imperfections of the first cryptocurrency's concept. Some accuse the coin's creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, of shortsightedness, while others criticize the project's technical execution. To find out what's wrong with bitcoin, the editorial team at BeInCrypto asked the latest version of ChatGPT to analyze the cryptocurrency's whitepaper published by Nakamoto in October 2008. As a result, Artificial Intelligence found several shortcomings and errors in the main document of the crypto industry, some of which seem quite serious:   1. The 51% rule. The whitepaper claims that the network is secure if more than 50% of the power is controlled by honest participants. However, practice has shown that under certain conditions, attacks are possible with fewer resources.   2. Anonymity. The document mentions user anonymity, but bitcoin provides only pseudonymity. Transactions can be traced back to specific users.   3. Scalability. The document did not foresee scalability issues that became apparent with the network's popularity growth. High transaction volumes lead to delays and increased fees.   4. Software updates. The document does not address the need for regular software updates to maintain network security and implement new features.   5. Fork resistance. The document does not consider risks associated with network hard forks. Forks like Bitcoin Cash polarize the community, potentially reducing the network's value.   6. Regulation and legal issues. The document does not mention potential legal and regulatory obstacles for bitcoin. Since its publication, many countries have introduced or are considering regulatory measures.   7. Mining difficulty. The document's author did not foresee the significant increase in mining difficulty and the energy consumption changes. Modern mining requires enormous computing power and electricity. According to Greenpeace, in 2023, global bitcoin mining consumed approximately 121 TWh of electricity, comparable to the energy consumption of a country like Poland. This has led to significant CO2 emissions and serious atmospheric pollution, as stated in Greenpeace's report. NordFX Analytical Group   Notice: These materials are not investment recommendations or guidelines for working in financial markets and are intended for informational purposes only. Trading in financial markets is risky and can result in a complete loss of deposited funds.   #eurusd #gbpusd #usdjpy #btcusd #ethusd #ltcusd #xrpusd #forex #forex_example #signals #cryptocurrencies #bitcoin #stock_market   https://nordfx.com/