Buy, Sell, or HODL - Page 2 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BitcoinCase

Buy, Sell, or HODL

On 12/5/2019 at 2:45 AM, Hamk said:

That is using two process in trading. You will still use the hold strategy and also use the sell strategy to trade the market

It is a simple trading process. Because when there is a trade they should be able to hold it when the price is low then they will not sell it but if they see a high price they will immediately sell it to look for profit and therefore the strategy will emerge when they see high prices in the market.

It depends on the situation we'll we have different strategy, for me I do trading weekly or monthly, I hold for now and a week if the price is good I will sell it but if not maybe the next week or a month before I trade again. 

Very best for us to sold when bitcoin is on high price then wait some corrections of the market price and then again buy from dip price and enjoying earnings with less chance of loss. 

At least if I hold 1 BTC I will also take 2-3 altcoin trades like ripple, ethereum. To benefit in the short term. Bitcoin trading has opportunities for HODL so this takes time to get real profits. If I trade both sides this will be profitable in the long term and short term.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:27 PM, BitcoinCase said:

The best approach to that in my experience is to do both, trade and HODL. For example let's say you sold 10 Bitcoins at $10K. You would have $100K. Lets say you waited and bought back at $8000, you would now have 12.5 Bitcoins. At that point I would suggest putting away to HODL 1.5-2.5 Bitcoins. If you put away the whole 2.5 Bitcoins profit, you still have the 10 Bitcoins you started with. Personally I would pay myself and sell 0.5 BTC as there is nothing wrong with it and you need to reward yourself on wins like that. 1 Bitcoin put away to HODL, and 1 Bitcoin added to the tradeable balance which would give me 11 to trade with. You can apply that same strategy with any trading amount and any profit targets as you will constantly put profit away for future price hikes. 

those are 2 different approach that change from person to person.

of course trading is better but it is not for all since you need skills to trade. on the other side there is the hold strategy that it is for everyone since you don't to do anything, you need just to chose the right coin.

so for an average person i would suggest to hold and not to trade

buy when the price is cheap, hold it until the price goes back up and sell when you have made a profit. simple tips for trading (Buy, Hold, Sell). It does look easy but to make it happen is not as easy as reading it.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:47 AM, Shahadatbd said:

We should buy and sell in a day because if we buy BTC and sell in a day we can make profit within a day. Because BTC price now up and down within a short time.

That is how it ought to be, however some days the market might not go your way and that is when you switch to hold mode instead of selling at a loss. Another approach would be to keep buying more coins every $500 for instance the market drops further, overtime the cost will average out and profit begins to accumulate.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, BitcoinCase said:

The best approach to that in my experience is to do both, trade and HODL. For example let's say you sold 10 Bitcoins at $10K. You would have $100K. Lets say you waited and bought back at $8000, you would now have 12.5 Bitcoins. At that point I would suggest putting away to HODL 1.5-2.5 Bitcoins. If you put away the whole 2.5 Bitcoins profit, you still have the 10 Bitcoins you started with. Personally I would pay myself and sell 0.5 BTC as there is nothing wrong with it and you need to reward yourself on wins like that. 1 Bitcoin put away to HODL, and 1 Bitcoin added to the tradeable balance which would give me 11 to trade with. You can apply that same strategy with any trading amount and any profit targets as you will constantly put profit away for future price hikes. 

The bear market will not last forever and most large companies will not come to the market. when in the market, market conditions are more volatile, especially with emotional conditions changing the outlook on holding and trading. All decisions depend on market conditions

It depends on the marketplace as it maintains fluctuating a whole lot coming from my viewpoint I might point out in which right after noticing industry and also making a choice.

16 hours ago, EtherBluer said:

Holding now is not profitable. However, trading is very dangerous, as manipulations are taking place now. So, if you are not good at trading, it is better to keep coins until a bull market appears.

If you're keeping some coins with hope to sell them in the bull market, what is that called? Hodling! These are interesting times in the cryptocurrency market because the market is making a come back across board, unfortunately are too scared to move a finger and they might just miss this opportunity right in front of them.

Before you buy, you need to choose what you are going to buy. This is the main thing, and then store and hold cryptocurrency. Best kept.

11 hours ago, Gidexen said:

Everything is relative here. But to maintain profitability, in my opinion, is possible only if you hold coins for at least a year, or even 5 years. During this time they will grow in price.

Five years is a very long time and the coin you want to hold may not even exist after all those years! I think the maximum amount of time for safe holding is one year. However, most experiences show that HODL is not the most profitable method in the current market where prices are getting more stable and the time between bull or bear runs are increasing. You should work (trade) with your coins instead of locking them up in your wallet. I prefer to attract profit towards myself rather than waiting for it to appear in my wallet.

Or, you can sum up everything in the word capital division, a portion designated for storing a particular currency for the long term and the part or remaining parts that you use for short term trading.

Of direction hold! Bear promote it will now not continue to be till the give up of time and lion's share of great organizations haven't come to the showcase but would not count within the event that you hold a year or two at the off hazard that it will be beneficial inside the end

Holding is the best when the market is not going up or down. Buying when the price is high is the real loss of trading. 

On 10/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, BitcoinCase said:

That's good decision to make a portion like that. Personally I do same thing with smaller amount (LoL). This strategy makes me gain more profit rather than choose trading or holding, because I can catch the moment when the price at the peak and when the price at low.

When the price at the peak, I can sell my coins into fiat.

And then when the price at low, I can buy back using my fiat that has been converted before.

Buy or sell is better than hold. Because if you hold your coin then you have risk and chance to loss your coin. For this metter be careful when you hold your coin

On 10/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, BitcoinCase said:

thanks for you i do hold but not that much trading is the best way to make more balance. But it is hard the trading thing from time to time..

I used to hold it long and it gave me the right profit but I had to wait a long time, so I learned trading and it gave me almost continuous money and let me spend the month.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, BitcoinCase said:

That is good strategy to increase our profits on our investments. In this method we can enjoy profits through different type of ways like trading, hodling and fiat converting.

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

Dear mate at this point in time I think I would actually prefer to hold my coins because I know that bitcoins will drastically reach it's peak level in no time from now and when that eventually happens I would have huge profits in return

Edited by Goody28

Your right,selling portion only of your funds is one of the best way to gain profits and dont regret when the market continue to rise. Because sometimes we regret selling all our token and feel frustrated when the price still increase so in that way you still have save token for the future increase.