Android devices might be prone to allow hackers to steal crypto wallet info - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Android devices might be prone to allow hackers to steal crypto wallet info

On 4/7/2020 at 11:39 AM, bliznec said:

A new phone is needed in order not to lose access to the cryptocurrency wallet application that is installed on the phone. It’s very dangerous to install the application on an old phone.

Hmm you have a point mate, this will be good if you have a new phone for this so that you can access it faster than the old one's, i hope that you may not lose your coins for that mate, happy posting.

• Useful or interesting 1

25 minutes ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Hmm you have a point mate, this will be good if you have a new phone for this so that you can access it faster than the old one's, i hope that you may not lose your coins for that mate, happy posting.

You do not understand me, oh my friend. Understand me correctly that over time, the phone can be left in a taxi, dropping it simply. I do not sin on applications, no. Loss, this is not the most pleasant action in time. Thank you for listening to me. I follow you, dear friend. 

43 minutes ago, bliznec said:

You do not understand me, oh my friend. Understand me correctly that over time, the phone can be left in a taxi, dropping it simply. I do not sin on applications, no. Loss, this is not the most pleasant action in time. Thank you for listening to me. I follow you, dear friend. 

Ohhh, now i know mate, you are trying to say is to having an access to your applications which is important for you by losing your old phone. This is an good idea mate, i will save my informations for my accounts and i will do this thing.

I think it will be easier for hackers to hack desktop wallet than mobile phone wallets, they can easily interact with the computer by sending malware to it

Indeed, phones have always had weak protection despite the use of security applications, but their protection system does not prevent all viruses and Trojans from entering.

• +1 1

Yes, Android devices may be prone to allow hackers to steal crypto wallet information because the phone is never capable of keeping all kinds of information. Collecting data from a computer is much easier. Hacker hacked with too much information. That's why it's important to never keep things on the phone, they always find access.

It may be true but the apps use a strong protection system which is 2af and you cannot access your accounts or wallet without that number and for this I think it is almost impossible

Life is great and enjoy it

On 4/9/2020 at 3:51 PM, bqolarer said:

Android devices are secure if the owner of that android device know exactly how to use it so that no threat can happen to that android device in any way.

It is not yet totally secure, it can be vulnerable if we will allow some 3rd party app to access our private thing like gallery, apps, and many more.

Very bad news. The android is widely used mobile operating system which has millions of thousands of users out of which many are working in this crypto technology, it's not good for them. The android management should take notice of this.

On 12/5/2019 at 7:07 AM, Digicoin said:

Promon security researchers have uncovered a vulnerability that could allow cybercriminals to access private data on any Android phone.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-android-vulnerability-allows-hackers-to-steal-crypto-wallet-info

Nowadays hackers are coming up daily with some new technologies to get access to private details of the users globally to steal their funds. There should be some certain days to avoid hacks and svams. 

You are right, my friend, that Android phones are more vulnerable to attack than hackers in order to steal your personal information and thus steal all your money in your wallet, we must be careful, especially not to download any application on the phone unknown or anonymous

This is actually true and that is why we need to keep our cryptocurrency on cold wallets not online ones, however if you don't have a big amount of crypto you can use online.

On 12/5/2019 at 7:37 AM, Digicoin said:

Promon security researchers have uncovered a vulnerability that could allow cybercriminals to access private data on any Android phone.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-android-vulnerability-allows-hackers-to-steal-crypto-wallet-info

There are many intelligent hackers. They do some smart hacking and people's can't understand it easily. We got crypto jacking which is a hacking system. We have aware about all hacking.

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Yes vulnerability are there in android but i don't think it's on os, it's on the application that we are using i have visited site and they clearly mentioned that around 500 application so they are mainly trying to trick us like while clicking ad on YouTube. So we just be smart and can avoid that issue.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

In this case we as android users we must be careful with how we keep crypto in our devices by enabling all security settings that we can to protect our selves from being easily attacked by hackers.

Present we are in 21st  century era and technology also advanced so in this time any think not safe, because hackers are most dangerous they hack any thing PC computer and smartphones, especially smartphones are easy to hack because in this devices not strong security provided, so we care to secure our phones and don't installed any unknown source apps are clicks any  malware links.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:07 PM, aissaok said:

Android working framework is open source thus that might be the place programmers get the opportunity to see the defenselessness in android and afterward are attempting to utilize that to take control. I think it is preposterous in the event that you realize how to make sure about your information.

Well i think we not need to be panicked at all because there are some hackers can do that and this android is fully secured so that they will hard to hacked it, happy posting.

Android devices can be prone to allow hackers to steal crypto wallet information because many sites carry information about almost everything on the phone. It is very easy to hack Android devices if they do not provide this information. Phone access is very easy.

2 hours ago, George10 said:

In this case we as android users we must be careful with how we keep crypto in our devices by enabling all security settings that we can to protect our selves from being easily attacked by hackers.

You're right. For example, I use my smartphone to monitor prices. And I don't keep wallets and exchange accounts on it. I think it's risky.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, CryptoMaxim said:

You're right. For example, I use my smartphone to monitor prices. And I don't keep wallets and exchange accounts on it. I think it's risky.

I also only use mobile wallets with just a really small sample of cryptocurrencies and wouldn't use any app for cryptocurrencies or even banking with them. There are many reasons besides this vulnerability that was discovered in the Android OS. A major hack in mobiles is happening through a method called sim swapping. It is targeted on a single person's switching of SIM by hackers having all his personal data available and calling his mobile company to request a new SIM to be sent to them. Somehow mobile companies still do not take security seriously and don't have any protection rules to prevent this from happening.

Edited by BTC Future

On 12/5/2019 at 9:37 AM, Digicoin said:

We are prone to hackers if we dont take care and think twice before taking an action because some of us nowadays are easy to fall for scams. The last scam I encountered is the netflix app in which indicates that you can watch for FREE if you download that app. Since it's FREE more people encouraged to use that app without thinking if it's legit then after a week of using that app more people are started to post complaints regarding that app claiming that their social media account was hacked or their bank account has been used by someone who they really don't know. This experience is a lesson learned for us that we shouldn't trust easily about the links or free apps without proof of legitimacy.

In my opinion iOS mobile provide better safety as compared to android phones and also android phones is easy to hack for hacker but if we use good security like 2fa, email and phone verification than it is hard hack Cryptocurrency wallet info.

This is the most frightening thing about using mobile phones. Every application that allows it to enter data will take all the data and sell it for a lot of money.

I think that our mobile phones are not so safe until we are using iOS. Android phones are not so safe when dealing with crypto. The reason is obvious that android phones are easily available and not have safety measures. So better we have iOS or pc with protection. 

When our phone connects to the Internet, it becomes vulnerable and hacked. There are also a lot of malicious programs that can display our information and our accounts at risk. Therefore, we must be careful when dealing with these websites and not to use any malware.