Android devices might be prone to allow hackers to steal crypto wallet info - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Android devices might be prone to allow hackers to steal crypto wallet info

I don't think so that Android devices can be attacked by hacker. If Google or any other company is providing you the support and the security then your device is safe and secure but if you root your device that may result in a lot of hacker May reach you and may still your personal data. On Android devices your account can never be hacked or your data can never be stolen if you don't tell anyone about your personal data by yourself that's I believe about the security system of the Android and the sport companies like Microsoft Apple and Google.

You're right in this regard. As we all know android security system can be modified by mobile developers or any unauthorized person can break into the system and hack our cryptocurrency wallet. To be safe from all these online attacks, we must not be installing apps from unverified sources and never use unsecure Wi-Fi network in public places, as hackers can access our data through the internet, so we should always be using secure Wi-Fi or mobile data in public places.

Edited by pacific
  • +2 2

When you hear, kucoin or binance is hacked, you know, no matter what you do, you are going to be hacked. Ofcourse you can take the due precaution, but once you have a lot of crypto, and you come in the attention of the hackers, its just a matter of time..

• +3 1

Even if we take the absolute perfect steps to increase our security there can still be problems with our hot wallets. For this reason I now recommend to have very simple funds in our hot wallets and have the most of our investment in cold storage to be completely safe.

• +3 1

You should definitely be cautious about the hackers not only in the Android platform but also in the PC platform. What are the best things you could do is to get a wallet , USB wallet that which you can use and carry around with you.

I have no trust at Android apps of crypto because of many reasons they are from open source and the developed by unknown source, those apps have full details of android set they can read all messages, call logs ,contacts and access to our mike and cameras. Which  is very dangerous always force stop them if you have to use them. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

On 12/5/2019 at 4:37 AM, Digicoin said:

Promon security researchers have uncovered a vulnerability that could allow cybercriminals to access private data on any Android phone.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-android-vulnerability-allows-hackers-to-steal-crypto-wallet-info

Android operating system is most useful Os and also it is easy to use, but the bad issue in android they are very easy to be attacked by hackers, so they should improve their security level. 

• +3 1

It may be that Android is clicking on links they do not know, perhaps hackers use it to steal linked information on phones, anyway there are cybercriminals everywhere and you have to be alert

• +1 1

Whether you are using an Android phone or an iPhone or a PC or any other device make sure that you install the necessary protocols and firewalls that would protect your device from getting hacked. In today's cyber world the chances of scams and other fraudulent activities are on the rise. So it is of high need that the users be cautious and take the necessary steps in order to avoid such traps.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:37 AM, Digicoin said:

Promon security researchers have uncovered a vulnerability that could allow cybercriminals to access private data on any Android phone.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/report-android-vulnerability-allows-hackers-to-steal-crypto-wallet-info

We are now in the online world and nothing is safe in this world becasue the hackers will know that how to hack the mobile and laptops and also we use the online wallets the owners of that wallets know our password and they can easily send our money to another wallet.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I would say that when it comes to keep our cryptos safe and out of the reach of hackers we should really make it difficult for them to access. Then, wallets operating in Android phones may not be the ideal option for this, given the security pitfalls we all are aware of. 

• +2 1

When ever you are clicking any link or you allow any application to access certain place in your mobile, you are actually allowing it to give access to your phone and personal data.

I remember reading about a huge vulnerability in android a year ago. I completely forgot this so perhaps it was patched by the android engineers or it was buried in the news and nobody cared to discuss it more. There wasn't any major hack happened from this so we are probably fine.

• +3 1

The reason why they are prone is because your digital phones has your important data related to you that could be used in order to gain access of your account to any platforms they wanted to hijacked. I think it is not only to phones but other gadgets as well. I do not think that it might have the same thing to other operating system since we know that android has the large number of users based on my assumption. I think that apple has more concrete digital security about this kind of things but you are also giving data information about yourself to them as well.

• +1 1

Security is a very important factor and we must be careful to open links that may be infected and could steal all our data. I am always very careful in that regard and I never trust strangers!

There was a vulnerability that I remember reading about but this was in the android and not in software crypto wallets were using, I think that this should be fixed now, but since android belongs to Google now, perhaps there isn't so much secure and we shouldn't trust Google with anything.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

That's why it is always advised to use secondary email for crypto currency wallet because primary email of your android can give easy access of hackers to your wallet. Using an offline hardware wallet is also a good option.

• +2 1

Thanks for the information, I read some of the post and while it was old news it seems that there can be threats where we are not expecting them, so I will not risk with big crypto in my mobile wallet but instead will keep holding most of my investment in cold storage and move only small amount to mobile.

• +3 1

This bug is reoccurring as there was a Strandhogg 2.0 bug found in May and enabled hijacking of android phones and bringing up fake login screens to steal passwords. Could be that it was fixed with a patch but there will be more.

• +2 1

On 12/5/2019 at 3:37 AM, Digicoin said:

I never keep private data on mobile phones, I always thought it was very high risk to have my private data on a cellphone where it can be easily stolen and hacked. We can still use our mobile wallets with a maximum of $100 inside just to give presentation to newbies with crypto wallets.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I think it is a big problem. Hacker can also hack from pc or desktop. We shoud secure our mail . We should not install unnecessary  apps.  Because  there are many apps if you install it then your account  will be hack. So be careful.Keep safe your account .

Thanks for this information. It is another reason why we should not trust hot wallets but prefer to store our private keys offline and be careful on storing our private keys. It is important to remember that this vulnerability along with sim swap are big dangers for mobile phones.

• +2 1

Thanks for this article, it gives a lot information that I didn't know about and increases our knowledge for the reasons we have to be careful with mobile devices android specifically which have this problem that hackers can use to exploit our devices and steal crypto and money from us.

• +1 1

On 11/28/2020 at 10:19 PM, MoralStories said:

When ever you are clicking any link or you allow any application to access certain place in your mobile, you are actually allowing it to give access to your phone and personal data.

Not only clicking the links but also the apps are venerable to hackers and the android system is fully dumped as any intermediate level hacker can hack it by using different technique.

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

Hackers can enter any Android device easily so the private key to your wallet should not be stored in your own Android device and the corresponding email of your wallet must not be always logged in to your mobile.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day