How Bitcoin’s Lightning Can Be Used for Private Messaging - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
CrazyIvan

How Bitcoin’s Lightning Can Be Used for Private Messaging

Original article from Coindesk newswebsite:

Bitcoin’s lightning network might have a use case beyond faster and more scalable payments.

Last week Lightning Labs developer Joost Jager revealed an experimental, new proof of concept: Whatsat, a version of lightning that can be used to send private messages.

Like bitcoin, it’s censorship-resistant. But, unlike encrypted apps that morph messages into unreadable, garbled text to keep messages from prying eyes, there’s no central entity to stop users from employing the network.

Jager told CoinDesk:

“Lightning is a peer to peer network in which anyone can participate. There is no central entity that has the ultimate power to decide on [what] users are allowed to communicate.”

Full article link: https://www.coindesk.com/how-bitcoins-lightning-can-be-used-for-private-messaging

This is great news I think. Being able to send hashed messages on the blockchain means there will be a very safe messenger app in the future!

I do not think that I will use this method and the best the previous method is better and more protection and no one can monitor you or know who you are

Life is great and enjoy it

It may be a good idea to control things a little and protect this world from scammers and those who are outlaws

Don't just think as lightning as a method to send messages like you send on whatsapp or messenger. This could be used for sending important messages from a company to another and make sure they are safe and secure

I think when it will be implemented then the process will be monitored by third party that's why I want to know about the security is high or not?

It is necessary to produce, so that investors have confidence in this service, which provides payments in bitcoin. 

It is an advancement to us, giving us our control over all our data and no more central authorities

Yes, what we need now is very safe protection. where the scammers can no longer penetrate this. yes, very strict protection and protect our personal data at this time.

I want to ask two things about LN, i it for bitcoin alone? secondly; is it made by bitcoin developers themselves?

On 11/11/2019 at 12:40 AM, bentayebsalah said:

I think it is a bit risky because there can be third-party monitoring which will make your data better protected

If this will be used the third party and it will be manages than you don,t need to be used because if you do used this than they can do any thing with your account, just used the secure and exchanges and also invest in the old and real exchanges which is so much good.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I have read and hear About Bitcoin Lighting network but did not use Lighting network in my trading Carrier so i can not say something About Private Messaging in lighting network.

Still i am not used the Bitcoin lightening, i am see first time this will but in future i will used it. Crypto is the best market in the world and we can change our life in this market if we are going to invest in it and buy some good coins.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/10/2019 at 4:52 PM, CrazyIvan said:

Full article link: https://www.coindesk.com/how-bitcoins-lightning-can-be-used-for-private-messaging

This is great news I think. Being able to send hashed messages on the blockchain means there will be a very safe messenger app in the future!

Bitcoin lighting is a upgrade version of bitcoin network. Now we can make transaction more faster than before. Soon we can access it in offline. We can make make maximum transaction in a time.

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

As i know about lightining network i am sharing to you. Bitcon lighnitining is a upgrade version of bitcon previous network. It's more faster. We can even access it in offline. But there are some bugs in this network. Developers should fix this.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

Is it possible that an application for conversation between users appears and this application is decentralized? Well this is going to be a new shift in the world of communication because Facebook has recently fallen into many issues affecting the privacy of users.

I think it would be good idea to send private messages through lightning network. Because message would be in encryption and it would be safe from others reading. This platform could be successful in communication field.

Amazing, will we really get the Messenger app in the coming days using the lightning network and at the same time we maintain our privacy? This will be a global shift and a real technical revolution.

Hopefully we will see more use-cases of lightning network in the future. This was just an easy side project to add an encrypted chat service. I think that there will be more development and more new ideas that will make the lightning network utilized for more operations, besides Bitcoin's transactions.

I think the development of the security needs to be constantly with the time, because also the scammers and hackers implement their technology to steal money people, so things like protection we need more.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

There is a huge chance of getting all information leaked in this. Because  through blockchain network,no one is  able to trace any hacking information. But if you use this app or network then every singular messages has a chance to be encrypted. Ao This is not a best option to choose I guess. 

Private messaging is what we used now,and it is really important to have limitation on messages being sent so i think lightning network can be much fit on this new digital way of communication to add more security.

Bitcoin lighting network is an upgrade version bitcoin. But there are many bugs on the network. For that many people lost their funds for using this network.

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

I didn't see a good arguments that bitcoin can be laid in the development of some messaging app, however I believe that ripple is a good crypto for those kind of projects.

Hmm, interesting! It seems to me that this system can be actively used not only in cryptocurrency, but also in the reality of our world, it is the same as the same Internet networks, or any connection of certain means. And of course, this can be used in various ways, and applied in practice