What is the meaning of Halvening? - Page 9 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Black_Sword

What is the meaning of Halvening?

• A Bitcoin halving event is when the reward for mining Bitcoin transactions is cut in half.
  • This event also cuts in half Bitcoin's inflation rate and the rate at which new Bitcoins enter circulatio
  • Both previous halvings have correlated with intense boom and bust cycles that have ended with higher prices than prior to the event. Thank you

A lot has changed for Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency and Blockchain since the last half of Bitcoin (which society calls half), which happened on July 9, 2016, and every time that happens, no one is quite sure of the Bitcoin price or the economy that has accumulated around it, they will react .

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Quite simply, it is to halve the blocking bonus for the blockchain in the blockchain chain, meaning that the block produces, for example, 12.5 bitcoin, so the output becomes 6.55 bitcoin, i.e. increasing the cost of production in other words.

Halving is crypto term that describe a stipulated period of that decreases the number of a coin mined, just recently as we experience the halving of BTC it was expected to make a significant impact on the price of BTC as it has begun with the help of bull run

• +2 1

On 1/7/2020 at 6:49 PM, Black_Sword said:

I read some topic in this forum and I read this term "Halvening" and I don't know what is the meaning of that, anyone can explain it so I can get an idea about it and understand also of the other new user here in this forum. Thank you in advance.

Its a event that happens in Bitcoin network. It is an event where the reward for mining new blocks is halved, meaning miners receive 50% fewer bitcoins for verifying transactions. It happens in every four years.

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

Halving is the process of making the tokens or a crypto more harder to get it so as to maintain the supply so say if there are about 1Million bitcoins and there are a million  miners , then it could be made ten times harder to mine so as to make it easy for the price of bitcoin retain the supply price.

• +5 1

Helo friend, sorry I don't know about this topic and I don't know about meaning of halvening I think bitcoin halving but I also don't know what's the meaning of the bitcoin halving by the way. 

• +2 1

I think in lack of good words its the use of the value addition to a coin , so its important to really be sure of what  you are doing there is a  lot of work to really recognize what we are doing , so its good to look at what the coins are , so lets take an example of bitcoin , bitcoin if it has 1 Million left then as many as there are people trying to get them , its important to increase the cost of mining this will make it difficult to get the bitcoin thus increasing or maintaining the price of bitcoin.

• +5 1

Halving means division, and in the scientific sense it means that the profit resulting from bitcoin mining will be divided into two, from which the mining will become more difficult and at the same time the profit will decrease.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

It is a process that occurs for all or most of the cryptocurrencies where the number of currencies that can be extracted by mining is reduced and this reduction in extraction takes place every several years and for bitcoin it occurs every four years once.

• +1 1

Halving is the process of halving the amount of Bitcoin produced each time it occurs, thus increasing its production cost As for the purpose of it, it is to continue to make Bitcoin high-value and valuable and to make it more difficult to obtain, which raises its price continuously.

• +1 2

On 1/7/2020 at 2:49 PM, Black_Sword said:

I read some topic in this forum and I read this term "Halvening" and I don't know what is the meaning of that,

It is a procedure in the bitcoin core implementation that divides in half the miners rewards for mining each block. It happens every 210.000 blocks are mined and now we are in the phase after the third halvening or halving of Bitcoin. This has a big effect in reduction of the selling of bitcoin coming from miners and if the demand stays the same price rises later.

• +4 1

The topic you have created might be mean btc halving... Btc halving mean the blocked of all btc get mining in every 4 years.. Whenever btc halving occurred its price increase hugely.. I cant remember now exactly that how many block need to mining for btc halving but i know every 10 minutes a block get Mining                    

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

The havling was the reason i bought too because of what I am read that it moves the price up for bitcoin and traders always buy before it happens so I bought too nd Iam earn some profits from it. I have looked its meaning and it is some king of reduce of production that is made to raise the price it is base on economics of cutting the supply that some industries do to reduce cost and increase the price.

Halving occur every 4 years in order to divide the supply of btc by two and to also increase it's demand in the crypto world. During halving many btc traders and Hodl make many more profit than before because the halving shut the price of bitcoin up.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

The main task of halving is to control the issue of cryptocurrency and restrain its inflation.

Even before the first halving took place in 2012, Ethereum Creator Vitalik Buterin explained its necessity by comparing bitcoin with gold: "The world's gold reserves are limited, and with each gram produced, it becomes more and more difficult to get the remaining gold. As a result of this limited supply, gold has maintained the value of an international medium of exchange and accumulation for more than six thousand years, and it is hoped that bitcoin will do the same."

The halving means that the miners after four years they receive less Bitcoin, half of what they were getting for mining. Now they earn 6,25 bitcoin after the last halving that happened a few months ago. This has a good effect on the price because miners sell less bitcoin in the market and traders see this and buy a lot thinking that price will rise.

• +3 1

On 1/7/2020 at 2:49 PM, Black_Sword said:

I read some topic in this forum and I read this term "Halvening" and I don't know what is the meaning of that, anyone can explain it so I can get an idea about it and understand also of the other new user here in this forum. Thank you in advance.

Halving is to reduce the rate at which new digital currencies are created. Thus reducing the bonuses for mining blocks provided to the miners Bitcoin undergoes this event approximately every four years. This process has a number of important impacts on the network.

The meaning has to do with the reduction of new coins that are given to miners. Miners find new blocks that contain transactions and are given new Bitcoins for each block. The halving cuts them at half and this happens to increase pressure on miners to build more mining farms and increase the price of the coin.

Halving is a halving of the amount of remuneration for miners for adding a new block to the blockchain. Satoshi Nakamoto programmatically laid halvings in the Bitcoin network every 210 thousand blocks, that is, once every 4 years - until the moment when the release of cryptocurrency with the extraction of 21 million coins (presumably in 2140) will be completed.

every 4 years or so, the reward for bitcoin mining is halved, which is called bitcoin halving. and it was created by satoshi nakamoto to prevent bitcoin inflation.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:21 PM, Dorjoy12 said:

The topic you have created might be mean btc halving... Btc halving mean the blocked of all btc get mining in every 4 years.. Whenever btc halving occurred its price increase hugely.. I cant remember now exactly that how many block need to mining for btc halving but i know every 10 minutes a block get Mining                    

Well, that's true mate, as of this year, this is the year of bitcoin halving and that's why many people are now waiting for the increased of the price of bitcoin, there's a lot of predictions talks about to the price of bitcoin might be reached the $20000 value.

imo cuz of the halving the price will allways raise in that period of time

On 1/7/2020 at 1:49 PM, Black_Sword said:

The term halving means reducing half of block issuing of Bitcoin and it happens every four years the amount of new bitcoins issued every 10 minutes is reduced by 50% every four years and the supply is low and the demand is steady this lead the price of Bitcoin to rise higher.