Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets? - Page 16 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Do you keep Bitcoin on Exchanges and online wallets?

• YES
    • NO
    • I don't know

On 6/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, Omar Ommeish said:

Yes, I keep a portion of my money on the Internet and I think that is somewhat safe, but I also keep some money in some of my bank accounts.

Good. For bigger amounts of crypto holdings, I would like to recommend you to choose hardware wallets like Ledger Nano, Trezor etc. I have been personally using Trezor without any sort of fears. It is also more convenient to use. 

I usually keep my cryptocurrency in two places, in wallet and also in some exchange site just to avoid losing all my crypto at once if mistakenly hacked one day. 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:51 AM, Maroua said:

There does not seem to be a goal in the question, if we are keeping it on an electronic wallet, the purpose of this question is to warn against doing this or what?.

I think the goal is to know the number of people whose money is stored in the platforms and the number of people that store them in the portfolios as a kind of questionnaire, but in the end storage in the portfolio is safer.

I store most of my cryptocurrencies in hardware wallets but i also send them to trusted exchanges like Binance and Yobit whenever I need to trade. I also have registered accounts on many online wallets but I mostly use Coinbase among online wallets as its more efficient with its own exchange platform. I use online wallets mostly to move my Fiat to my bank account.

468x60-3.png

Yes because i am waiting for the right time to sell my holding in bitcoin. I know soon the bull run will come that's why i am patiently waiting to the price pump on the bitcoin.

Of course, I think that a hot wallet is a cool offer, and I can safely use it in different directions, for example, trading! I think every user who has a cryptocurrency, stores it on their wallet, on the exchange!

On 4/15/2020 at 11:42 PM, alex72 said:

No I do not keep bitcoin on exchanges and online wallets because I think they are not safe enough this is why I keep my bitcoin on coinbase wallet that's all I can say about the topic.

Well, some of exchangers are safe to put some coins like yobit exchanger and binance, i keep my earnings here in this forum in yobit exchanger and it cannot be lessen.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:27 PM, Basicity said:

There’s so many risks involved in that and it’s completely unnecessary with the exception of if you are a day trader which most of us are most certainly not.

There is no better ways to trade than to use exchanges, wallets can not offer you the best trade you want, trade support to be instantly or almost instantly. Exchanges are not that safe but because of the trading, traders are more dependent on using it. 

In crypto world when you do not own a private key you do not own cryptocurrencies. So, coins which are stored on centralized exchanges are not yours. It would be better for you to find another way to keep your coins. I believe that the safest place to store your coins is a hardware or a cold wallet . But if you're trading, then you should find a trusted exchange like Yobit.

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

Everyone has there own choice on this case but for me I think keeping your bitcoin in the online wallet is much safer that exchanger because an exchanger can be hacked which can result to your loss of bitcoin but online wallet cannot be hacked since you are the only one that have the private key to access the wallet.

I keep bitcoin in myCetherwallet ERC20 wallet, I think this is a fairly safe type of wallet, besides that I also store some bitcoin in an exchange wallet for my trade, I keep it in yobit, so far yobit is very safe and I have never experienced a problem.

I used to keep my balance in the wallet, although my capital is not much bigger but i really concern about the security. I really scared about of the scammers, they can steal my money any time so i was always sincere  about that. But you should always choose a good wallet. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

I know there is some online wallet who hacked and invester lost their fund . but personally I used binance for store my fund , becuase I used binance for trading purpose . Binance is number one exchange and provide a good security to it's users .

• +1 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

I usually keep my bitcoin to my online wallet and in my gambling site because gambling site is mist secure to keep your bitcoin..but if you want to you can keep your bitcoin in different exchange site because they will give you some interest every day... If you are a  member of yobit then you can keep your btc in yobit too          

• +1 1

If there is no exchanges, trading can not be good, also if there is no online wallets, frequent transaction can not be sweet as well. Hardware wallet are good for holding. Like me, I use exchange because I have to trading daily or when the market is profitable. 

• +3 1

yes i do because there is no reason to be afraid of if you keep your account information safe and don't give it to anyone , and if you afraid to get your account hacked and losing your money just add more security steps like 2fa

• +2 1

Yes I keep my Bitcoin so that I invest in binance because it's really help me when the markets goes up so my personal I have experience about binance that's why I invest in binance and when I need some amount I can withdraw it easily..

• +2 1

Yes, I do. The reason is, so that I could be able to gather more investments to all of the coins that I wanted to invest. I personally think that seeing your bitcoin in online wallets is more secured since no people could be able to get it otherwise the people behind the system leaks it. It would create hassle time for the user if they would not keep it inside of their online wallet or trade exchanges since they would also do it again here to generate profit when they wanted to be on trade exchanges again. The thing here is, if you are suspicious of the security of your account to such websites you should not keep your bitcoin there or better not put any single coin for the data security of your account if ever your guts is right after all.

I don't have much knowledge about exchange so in the meantime I keep my cryptocurrency to my wallet until the time that I have already knowledge regarding the exchange. But for me if you have already knowledge about those thing better to keep your crypto to those platform to gain huge profit.

Been a bigginner, you find this statement strange and something you are not familiar with will feel a kind of bad that you can write positive things about it, but I think it safe to make transactions like that

No bitcoin is far to volatile to hold it, imagine someone who bought bitcoin at 17K and say the years low this year at 3.5K that can destroy you thats a 300% loss , its important we are able to keep on trying to understand what are the good things to do with bitcoin.

• +3 1

We all know that when it comes to anything online then you realize there is a problem and people do lose and so its important for people to understand what to do and destroy everything that can say otherwise, so we need to be also very careful to make offline storage the best or only priority because we have seen people being hacked and losing everything so its important we know what suits us, but I dont think bitcoin is good for storage as @Irungu has stated, this is for the simple reason, its very volatile, it can be good for trading but thats it

• +3 1
  • +5 1

I wouldn't advice to put your tokens or coins on any exchange if you plan to put it there for a very long time. Keeping coins on exchanges is risky because it can be hacked and stolen. Cryptocurrencies are supposed to be free from banks. Be your own bank, set up yourself and be your own banker. Paper wallets or hardware wallets can be considered to be the safest option.

• +3 1

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

Yes, I will keep the currency in my wallet because I buy things with bitcoin on the Internet, and I also trust my wallet and think it is safe.

• +2 1