Feature request: searching from within a topic? - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Feature request: searching from within a topic?

This   is  not very  important  according  to me because. We can read a comments on thesingle topic.  And I think this difficult  to add this kindof function. 

It is a good idea, but I think it is difficult to apply this feature which is search within the topic, and there is a search feature in the forum that you can use in order to know if your topic is repeated before or not

My dear friend for your kind information the feature which you are seeking for this forum has already been implemented you can see the commented topics with the highlighted sign in the chat box as a black colour which means you have commented in that topic.

Stuffing the useless and multiple replies under the same topic might cause an account suspension ! This forum has provided you a feature the search the already existed topics. For your reference, if you are going to create a topic about Yobit exchange, try to search word "Yobit" to find the relate topics. 

This is a great suggestion mate. We can easily track it there's a spam messages or plagiarized posts within the topic if there's specific search bar on it. We can easily repost it if we see some of plagiarized posts on the thread itself.

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Stuffing the useless and multiple replies under the same topic might cause an account suspension

Well, this is true mate because according to the guidelines here in this forum or in campaign, you only need to do one posts per topic but you can quote someone to have some discussions to happen.

Yes.You are right.The feature of searching in a specific section is not available.And as you said if it exist,we will get so many benifit from it.Finding any topic or solution of any problem will become more easier.Thanks for your nice idea.

Edited by Jami273

It's a good idea to search in the same topic to see if there any other comment lie you have r just search some answer in other comment,but now i do it just by the browser feature page per page ,because you can have many pages in one topic 

This is a good feature friend, because there are many members who are copying other members comments and they reply them in one topic. This feature will help to protect all comments from being copied and pasted by some members who have that habit.

• Useful or interesting 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 3/21/2020 at 4:01 PM, bliznec said:

I try not to answer more than two times, in one post. Yes, if a conversation, correspondence, between the interlocutors arose, then it is worth leaving more than two comments. 

No offence brother, but your comment is not related to the content of the topic in any way. I suggest you read the topic correctly then post your answer. 

I agree with you and that is why I think the search feature of this forum should be improved upon to make the site easier to navigate and explore so that we can easily find what we are looking for.

This feature is really helpful and thanks for sharing this information with us. But l don't think there will be a lot of members who will use it. But in my view it can be solution against to repeating topics or comments. 

Yes, this feature will be very useful and is currently not available in this forum and may be added in future developments

Life is great and enjoy it

On 3/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, johant123 said:

Apologies if this feature already exists; then I am looking in the wrong place!

But as far as I know, we cannot do this yet; I would like to be able to search within a single topic, from within the topic view itself. That serves two purposes:

• someone can check if someone else already commented on a specific part of the question, so it avoids repeats (and instead allows building on previous answers, to generate better content), and
  • it makes searching for spammers easier, because you can easily search if a specific search string already appears in the topic.

For the long term, the first reason is most important, but currently (to free the forum of spammers) the second one would be really helpful!

Your suggestion feature is very commendable, it could reduce the spammers in this forum. It could really help this forum if that feature will implemented soon. 

On 5/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, this is true mate because according to the guidelines here in this forum or in campaign, you only need to do one posts per topic but you can quote someone to have some discussions to happen.

Yes you're right buddy, you need to quote other's replies so you can discuss the ideas in your mind and to share also your knowledge about the topic, so the suggestion of searching within a topic is good for us.

This feature will be great indeed, but maybe Search functionality does that for us already from latest IPBoard's version.

So Staff could check it out and see changelog if in fact there are changes regarding such searching situation.

It would be wonderful if that would come in handy sometimes as OP stated.

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

For me, I do not see that well because the response to a topic cannot be summed up in certain terms only sometimes a topic is published that is easy to answer and perhaps the answers are similar among them, but sometimes the published topic is not easy and needs a long explanation that needs many sentences and  Vocabulary For clarifying each member here his own way of answering the topics

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Your suggestion is nice. It will trace those spammers and who doing plagiarism by searching inside the topic. It will reduce those who get some ideas to previous comments. It will very help if it implements. Not for us but also to moderators. 

• +1 1

Agree that searching using keywords is completely useless as it gives you all the results in both Russian and English.

In addition, you cannot, for example, search for a member’s account if there is no mention of a tag in a topic, so this tool needs to be modified and improved

• +1 1

I think that all members of the forum are in agreement that the search feature in the forum is weak and can be improved and developed to become more accurate in searching for topics and also it is not possible to search for a special account for one of the members to follow up on his responses and topics that he published, and it is possible to add an option for it to specify the section to search in either Now the process includes all the forum

I think that there is no such feature in non-forums, I think it is not necessary to add it, you can use the search in a browser by pressing CTRL + F the normal search method.

There is no need of this feature because if you are commenting on a topic it is suggested to read all the previous comments by yourself. And because of this feature users would just search and post something else without reading all other comments. Before commenting so read all previous comments and then give your ideas and thoughts about the topics. And if you do so you will easily find out spammers and those posting low quality stuffs.

• +1 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Mate as I understand you want to know if what you are going to write is already written on another comment. You realize this is impossible and you only have to read all the comments to be sure about it. I recommend to reply to posts that you can write about something new that you thought of and correct too.

• +1 1

I will like to start by commending you for raising such kind of topic, it's a good gesture to tackle and its an effective way to reduce spamming, paraphrasing activities in the forum. And I'm also supporting and looking forward for the adoption of this new feature. It will greatly help in curbing these illicit activities to the barest level.

Edited by Guru2050
  • +2 1

I dont think this feature is important for us becuase if we comments on a topic but we need to again comments on the topic becuase someone made wrong information.. So to correct the member comments we easily can comments in a topic MORE than 1 time.. But your comments must need to be useful                      

• +2 1