Why so much misinformation about crypto currencies here? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Why so much misinformation about crypto currencies here?

Only today, I already read the following misleading statements here on Cryptotalk:

• XRP is a stable coin (it is not)
  • The amount of bitcoins is unlimited (it is not)
  • A mobile wallet is safe (that depends on your definition of "safe")

I understand that people want to make posts, and that they have to learn about crypto currencies.

But why do you post statements without doing any check on whether they are true?

That only leads to misinforming new users (because those statements are copied again and again).

It's great that we all want to share information about crypto ... but please don't make up things that are not true!

• Useful or interesting 18
  • +1 3
  • +2 5
  • +3 6
  • +4 4
  • +5 7

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

16 minutes ago, johant123 said:

Only today, I already read the following misleading statements here on Cryptotalk:

I understand that people want to make posts, and that they have to learn about crypto currencies.

But why do you post statements without doing any check on whether they are true?

That only leads to misinforming new users (because those statements are copied again and again).

It's great that we all want to share information about crypto ... but please don't make up things that are not true!

Because we have lot's of newbs that either don't know enough or don't care what they post as long they are getting paid. Why people want to lie is a whole new psychological topic. But if you find a comment that's untrue, you can correct it. Some people will learn from it.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 5
  • +4 1

48 minutes ago, rekter said:

But if you find a comment that's untrue, you can correct it. Some people will learn from it.

Yup, did that as well  ... next posts in the topic just repeated the old information again.

It's like people only post post post, but don't take the time to actually read and process.

(I know at least 50% only post because they want to get paid, but still ...)

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

On 3/17/2020 at 12:57 AM, rekter said:

But if you find a comment that's untrue, you can correct it. Some people will learn from it.

The thing is, either most of them are too lazy to learn, or too egoistic to admit their mistakes. There are even some rare instances where things get ugly and users bash each other. Of course, the mods delete any traces of these so-called 'flame wars' that we'd barely see any trace of them lasting for a few days or so, but it happens. Whenever I spot those rare instances, I make sure to bring out the popcorn first before reading them, and then reporting them afterwards.

Well, I COULD correct their mistakes, but that would make me a Grammar Nazi, and everyone who is into social media knows how the Grammar Nazis are being vilified and ridiculed, so I'll pass on that notion.

On 3/17/2020 at 12:37 AM, johant123 said:

Part of that mistake happens when the user doesn't have English as his native language (or at least not proficient enough). Grammatical errors can make the user prone to misunderstanding, and the English section of this forum is chock full of these. And of course you are right about some not checking their entries properly before posting.

If only newbie users read this and see: that if in doubt, they can always add the words "in my opinion", "as far as I know", "this is what I know about it", and such in their posts if the information they have is dubious. That would take care of most of their problem, since their information will cast a shadow of doubt and can be either refuted or vindicated by fellow users who are more knowledgeable about the topic at hand.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Contribute to every post you don’t like. You can refute the expected, for really. There is nothing special about this, that cryptocurrency ripple has volatility, like many cryptocurrencies in general. Choose what you should go for.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 2

That's true theris to much misleading information like you have mentioned in your topic among some users of this forum and the problem is that we don't research before posting but we only aim on posting to collect satoshi and that's also the reason we have a lot of repeatedly topics over and over especially among newbies. 

• +1 1

Yes so much misinformation about cryptocurrency! Because there are some newbies who join the forum recently and then you see them creating a topic or post talking about anything, his goal to reach the 30 posts per day they dont search or investigate before writing.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Yes i am agree with you. Here people are learning. Tbey are bot experts so that why they right such information. And other reason may be that people just want to complete 30 post per day. So they don't think what they are writing. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 2

On 3/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, ashua1 said:

Currently the forum has a lot of new people and they do not have enough knowledge about everything, that may be their question and I have read a lot of false posts so I will remind and answer them. surname.

I also often see these users. out of the context of the conversation will make it bad for the forum ecosystem. Like trash and neglected.

• +4 1

Well, the reason is because of some users that has lack of knowledge about cryptocurrency. Some user of this forum, especially those newbies doesn't know anything about cryptocurrency. That's why the tendency is they already spreading fake news or informations. But I think after that mistake, they already learn the things they didn't know yet. By the help of the forum and its senior members, newbies and other users that is not familiar about cryptocurrency learn new things they need to know.

• +2 1

Amongst that, what I've seen as pure rubbish is on that of the xrp ripple coin actually being a stable coin, because when by looking at it's market price it's doesn't look to be Even stable on $1 price so it can't be be regarded as a stable coin. Or maybe they misunderstood the meaning of a stable coin

• +2 1
  • +4 1

I watched a lot about this, especially I do not like the news from disinformation. Let's talk about your examples, talk about bitcoin. The creators made a limit of something to about 21,000,000 coins, now there are a little more than 18 million, so they are now halving to increase production time. Emissions will no longer be on Bitcoin.

• +1 1

Well I simply can call it as not enough educated users' thoughts. I talk about crypto education, some basic one in the current case. People came here to learn I'd if we see such kind of replies we should to quote it and explain to the user how everything really is. 

• +3 1

It is because there are inexperienced people, who thin they know enough, i have to refer back to that topic saying, silence could be important.

I think the popularity of this forum is increasing day after day and many newbies are joining this forum rapidly, these newbies don't have enough information about crypto world so they comments what they thinks. This is the main reason of so much  mis information in this forum.

• +2 1

You gives good explanation about this forum, and you observed so many post I see your work, first this is learning platform, so lots of members are new, and exactly no what is bitcoin so they write any thinking in their post, but its our responsiblty to informed about crypto currency,

• +3 1
  • +4 1

Some members here do trolling and scamming other members. 

Everyone who are not should avoid that to happened or avoid to gain not real information, so we need to be careful. 

• +1 1

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

On 3/16/2020 at 10:07 PM, johant123 said:

I am agree with you, I have also seen a post in which it was written that xrp is a stable coin. But when I studied about xrp and found that it also fluctuates like btc, ltc, eth etc. Then I cleared that it is not a stable coin. Otherwise after reading that post I was not going to invest in xrp. One thing if any post has fake information then we should quote that person and ask him to correct the post. Also if we read any post and if you are doubtful about the post then do study about that factor.

Certainly, we are here in the forum. We must provide assistance to each other regarding encryption. There are always posts with wrong information, but we have to contribute to correcting that information.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

A lot of users are commenting here and posting here misleading things. They are not even researching about what they are writing and sometimes they write anonymously without understanding the relevant topics. This will also take the new users into a wrong way. So every user should be aware about it. 

• +2 2

I've read much more information that is inaccurate and I try to correct most of what is not true. There are posts that are not attached with reality and others that contain errors. Personally I'm pointing out the mistakes politely by quoting the message and explaining the mistakes. Although there are a few members that while having no knowledge, they seem to be bitter at other people in general. Avoiding a-holes at all costs by puting them in ignore list.

This is due to the news that is published on social media and Google, because these sites contain a very large number of misinformation that can harm beginners and disperse them.

A lot of the people from here are newbies and that's why you see a lot of bad information about cryptocurrencies here. They don't have a clue what they are talking about 

We need to correct a lot of information by the experts here in the forum. Sometimes due to lack of time you can not review all the information that you read

I have read too bro this may be due to copying other comments or view and people are just seeing other comments and writing it in other perspective. People should read and do own research if they don't know.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,