Forum Tutorials, Tips and Tricks for Newbies [COMPILATION] - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

Forum Tutorials, Tips and Tricks for Newbies [COMPILATION]

Every now and then, questions regarding the workings of the Cryptotalk forum would pop up here and there. Our valiant members of course answers those queries satisfactorily. Alas, they oftentimes get buried by newer threads and thus are not visible anymore, and newbies most of the time do not use the search feature, for various reasons. So I created this topic as a reference tool for easy access to those information.

I will only post the links, seeing that quoting those information will make this post too long to read. I quoted the useful contents now, for fear of the topics containing them being deleted. If you need to ask further questions, you have the option to post on the links I have and not here.

This is for the forum features and functions not present/visible in the Tutorial section, as well as tips and advice that are not stickied (pinned) in the About Forums section (I'll include some pinned ones as well). For questions regarding Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies in general, you may search the appropriate sections instead.

... ... ...

Forum Sections' description:

Spoiler
On 2/9/2020 at 9:09 PM, PiroSense said:

If there are any mistakes, please quote me here and let me know (quote this line only, or the part of mistake only)

Please DON'T quote this whole long post!

@epidemia/@Bigpat - Applying this post to be pinned as a guide in either this section or in About Forum section. It's also alright if application is not accepted. Just thought it might be helpful for users of the forum to serve as an overview.

Every Forum Section Explained!

• Crypto World section talks about everything related to cryptocurrencies, including latest news, its state and adoption, etc.
  • For Beginners section is the right place to ask and find existing information about common questions by most newcomers to the forum and with cryptocurrencies. If you're new, and you want to understand an introductory level information of a specific concept, post it here, or help the newbies out (if you're already experienced).
  • Coins / Tokens Talk should be about specific coins announcements and detailed topics. These includes subsections such as:
    • Bitcoin
    • Coins / Tokens Announcements (For announcements only)
  • About Forum section includes topics that talks about the forum itself, its rules, rankings, etc.
  • Bounties section includes topics of announcements for bounty openings where you could participate and earn money (beware of exit scams!).
    • Airdrops are for, the name itself, airdrops (or you could call them giveaways, just like the recent YODA airdrop).
  • Exchanges section is all about discussions and topics about different exchanges, such as their types (DEX or centralized), or other related discussions for specific exchanges' policies (such as Yobit, Binance, etc.)
  • Trading section focuses on tips, practices, and technical discussions about trading. Some topics should include about market indicators, support/resistance levels, stop and limit orders, etc.
  • ICOs/IEOs(or Initial Coin Offering/Initial Exchange Offering) is where topics and announcements about ICOs and IEOs are posted, which you can participate and have a chance of having a positive ROI (Return of Investment).
  • Mobile Apps section includes topics about mobile apps, especially those with relevance to cryptocurrencies (such as Blockfolio, Coinbase app, etc.)
  • Wallets section focuses on discussing everything about wallets (such as cold wallets, hardware wallets, hot wallets, and how to secure them)
  • Mining section is all about mining discussions. More into technical discussions about power consumption calculation for miners' profits. Includes subsections:
    • Miners for Sale - place for miners to post their "for sale" rigs.
    • Forex Trading
  • Services section is where you can post your own services offered with relation to cryptocurrencies and its market. Anything from being a Bounty Campaign Manager, Signature Designer, or even Blockchain developer can post it here.
  • Jobs section, on the other hand, is where job openings can be posted. This is the place for employers to seek new professionals to work for them. The opposite of Services section where the person is openly applying and seeking on his professional title.
  • Referral Links section should be the place for you to post your referral links to other sites. Don't post it in other sections!
  • Gambling/HYIP's/FreeCoins section covers all from Gambling with cryptocurrencies, various High-yield investment programs (beware of scams!), and FreeCoins (such as in Yobit)

• Off Topic section - if your topic doesn't fall into any categories above, better post it here. Any non-cryptocurrency related topics should only be posted here.

Please post your topic in the right section. Let's make this forum cleaner, and contribute by being well-comprehensive users of the forum.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/61050-tips-sections-in-the-forum-explained/

Advice on how to post on Cryptotalk:

Spoiler
On 11/17/2019 at 9:30 AM, PiroSense said:

Some people here is having a hard time getting paid in YoBit for their pay-per-post careers. And so I decided to list some tips to follow when posting/replying in threads in the forum. Follow these tips and you'll probably get paid.

Some tips for you:

1. Don't burst post. Have an interval of at least 7-10 minutes before posting.

2. Don't just aim for 100 characters. Aim for meaningful content of your reply and not just copying the idea of previous shitpost replies. Aim for meaningful discussions.

3. Spread your posting time. Maximize the day. It's pretty easy to post here than the other forum, so there's no excuses for burst posting because a person "does not have time".

4. Don't focus on the money given. Instead just post in the forum for healthy discussions and don't mind the payment, it would follow as long as you're posts are good and meaningful. You can visit 

5. Read the rules and threads by mods in About Forum section:

Kindly leave a like if these tips helped 😁

On 11/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Mind if I add some more?

6. Actively engage in discussions. Ask questions, give answers, elaborate on some points of the topic, anything that will enrich the topic further. If somebody else replied to your post, you can even chain it with another reply.

7. Practice humility. Don't be a smart Aleck. If you have no knowledge of the topic, just admit it. If someone is trying to correct you, be polite and don't rage all over your posts. Not only will you gain respect from others, you will also have peace of mind as you post on other threads.

8. Read before posting. "Too many writers, too few readers," somebody quoted. To prevent yourself from looking like a dunce, read carefully the previous posts, especially the first one. You might either find yourself going offtopic, repeating/rehashing everybody else's posts and look like a pet parrot, or risk being flagged as a plagiarist, if you don't.

... ... ...

9. Beware of the "Dark Side". Do not post on threads that are obvious shitposts. Always be on the lookout for threads infested with spam and shitposts, for there is a good chance that that thread may be moved off somewhere else, if not outright deleted. And more importantly, DO NOT IMITATE THE SHITPOSTERS AND OTHER VIOLATORS.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:10 PM, BTC Future said:

I think I found out what to do so my counter of useful posts don't go down.

1) I read, understood and memorized the posting rules

2) I post unique posts that haven't been discussed before

3) I don't reply in spam posts that add nothing useful

4) I don't reply in new posts that have subjects that have been discussed in the past

5) I give a Like on every post that I reply to.

Happy posting everyone!

On 1/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, teminalibug said:

I have noticed, people are not making proper replies so i created this guide.

before you reply you should look at;

• The date/timing: someone could answer the price will surely increase this year on 2020, on a topic that asked will the price increase this year which was 2019. Do you get what i mean?
  • Read some replies: you should read about what people says, so you can say something different.
  • Lastly, is the topic worthy replying to: here so you do not fall in a topic that will be deleted in the near future.
On 2/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Can I add something else?

• Know whether or not you are knowledgeable about the topic at hand: If you have additional information you can give to the topic, and nobody else has done it, feel free to do so. If you are not knowledgeable about it, look at the previous posts before asking further questions; otherwise, do not reply at all.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/21353-tips-for-postinginteracting-within-the-forum/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/21353-tips-for-postinginteracting-within-the-forum/?do=findComment&comment=796728

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/43981-tips-on-not-getting-your-post-deleted-working/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/49812-people-should-take-a-look-at-these-3-things-before-replying/

Tips on creating a thread/topic:

Spoiler
On 10/7/2019 at 12:41 AM, teminalibug said:

So what is a forum?

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. Forums act as centralized locations for topical discussion. The Forum format is derived from BBS and Usenet.

Well, that is very technical definition, but in short a forum is where you discuss matters that people or you don't know about or are confused with. Could be a question/ a statement but something discussiable (that's not a real word by the way only meaningful)

A forum is a place for people who seek knowledge, is a place we help each other understand things. Instead of goggling a document and read it alone here you get to discuss it.

I come here often reading posts and all i see is blog type post, something like what is x wallet? really?! really dude!, i don't wanna link those posts here. just so you know very boring, at first i thought maybe this wallet has some special feature, okay let's check it out and i wound like two lines of sentence defining the wallet.. sigh! not just that i found very useless content people posting. guys the reward is sweet but make it worthy it.

So here are the things to avoid in posting forum (at least the ones i think are right, i mean its not like I'm forum expert)

1. avoid posting bitcoin news, unless its breaking and interesting (discussiable) or holds very useful info.
  2. Please don't Copy and pasting content, create original content.
  3. Don't tell us what is bitcoin.. Please! LMAO.

NOTE: Contribute to other people topics, if you have nothing to say.. you might get some ideas reading other's topics.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:59 AM, alexisfuentes said:

Avoid Repeating "Create NewTopic": The A-B-C

"Create New Topic" repeat is considered spam, but since repetition mostly occurs without us noticing it, this guia are way to help you reduce and even avoid repetition when writing "New topic" 

Search In The Forum

A.- Search Options:

1.- Search Title:  Learn How To Avoid Repeat Topic " in content titles only.

941686126_createdtema.jpg.f067350d92190d586a2c7b6a9011202e.jpg

2.- Search Title:  Learn How To Avoid Repeat Topic

1226289092_createdtopic2.jpg.1a8618cc26b040e781349b01e836fb76.jpg

3.- Use Keywords: Learn Avoid Repeat 568834207_createdtopic3.jpg.efd5a340c9cd8b644899c5cc320fee51.jpg

4.-  Clic in More Search Option

450103039_moreoptions.jpg.27d646768ecb2244aa0c15f51392c128.jpg

B.-  Read Found Results

1,. Reading "Found 5 Results" in expanded view. Just do it please.

389745873_resultsfounds.jpg.f5d21eb30200e71f05b3b43def68998a.jpg

Reading can detect key words or phrases. 

C.- Go Similar Found Post

1.- When the results are few and you have a lot matches, analized if its worth creating another post or topic. That is, reading post from the author. 

E.g. 

438386225_contentdupli.jpg.d0700a8166ced738f1c2fbec99231298.jpg

This e.g. Posts may be same in "idea"  but they differents in reason and meaning.

Topics are just repeating over and over again, because some of the users are too lazy to "Create New topics", The "Tutorial: Avoid Repeating Topic"  can help to find duplicate content, don't forget report the admins or moderators.

searchpoiton.gif.3c43cc510077464358d13be79479b92c.gif Try least one ways to search repeating topic.

Finally, this are ways to help you avoid repetition when writing your post... also warning points 😊 

________

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/4239-stop-spamming-a-little-guide-on-how-a-forum-topic-should-be/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/16922-create-new-topic-learn-how-to-avoid-repeat-topic/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/12738-why-your-topic-does-not-get-replies/

How to add a signature to your posts:

Spoiler

Hello there, some people are confused how to add signature on this forum. So, I thought to create a short tutorial on that, hopefully it will be useful some of you.

1. Click on your username-

Capture.thumb.PNG.30a580edb07a88cb63667b9c74b7a00f.PNG

2. Click on Account Setting

Capture.thumb.PNG.964b48f7a31b9f709ab0c2738aaaaa8c.PNG

3. Click on Signature

Capture.thumb.PNG.f4ff4656261491b43296aa1d05f33cf9.PNG

4. Write whatever you want to display or drag image.

Capture.thumb.PNG.fa1f43b6c56b4d6244fe1cb95a17ff06.PNG

Hopefully it helps you to wear a signature here. Don't promote anything which isn't allowed by a common sense :classic_tongue:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/151-tutorial-how-to-add-signature-on-cryptotalkorg-forum

How to view one's own or others' profile/s:

Spoiler
On 11/7/2019 at 7:17 AM, mostawda3 said:

For the number of posts it's Content Count, you can find it on the left side of your profile page -- link

As for your topics/replies/status click on see my activity, it's on the right side of your profile page -- link

On 11/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, Luciferludz said:

Ha ha ha! This is too simple even child can do it, you just click your profile phote or symbol then it will open all your statics and activities.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/19064-im-lost/

How to view my own or others' reputation points (REMOVED/DISCONTINUED):

Spoiler
On 12/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, kyoukage01 said:

If your notifications happened to get buried by something else, and/or you want to see whether or not those reputations you received are good or bad, you can check out your reputation activity as an alternative. You can find it in your profile page. See the pictures below for an example.

Untitled02.jpg.9d7edb96f4b6255615e6a933bf378dcb.jpg

Untitled03.thumb.jpg.4b13234934f6fb6c3c49f8f0b1b1ff9a.jpg

Here's yours:

Untitled04.jpg.fe7d10d6aff87af47f20953a53fda650.jpg

On 12/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, Crypto123 said:

Some people in the forum ask how to know who gave you Reputations
Here I will explain how to find out. Follow me the pictures:

r1.jpg.7dcdf62734c910ba1cd3dedd9fa35865.jpg

r2.thumb.jpg.3927bd6ec68637e0cfd21babdb97b538.jpg

her you can find all  your Reputations

r3.thumb.jpg.1cc6dabc5ed456d38de566d4885987f1.jpg

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24782-how-do-you-know-who-gave-you-reputations/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24335-how-do-i-know-who-give-me-reputation/?do=findComment&comment=1124608

How to use the forum's "Quote" feature:

Spoiler
On 11/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, kyoukage01 said:

How To Use Quotes (on this Forum) In A Few Different Ways, Pictures Included

(I use MS Windows 7 and Firefox browser)

Full Quote (forum only):

Click on the [ Quote ] button that can be found at the bottom of someone's post:1094621303_quote01.jpg.9a9ce1d8c4e387a24c1337897d727c4c.jpg

and that quote will automatically be placed in your comment box that can be found at the bottom of your webpage. Like this:

895652318_quote02.jpg.d37da3fe3d64e24e5db08df007f0ad76.jpg

This works if you are going to comment on the same thread as the one you've quoted.

Full/Part Quote (forum only)

Highlight the items you want to quote with using either your mouse or keyboard. It should look like this:

1462669541_quote03.jpg.b76d38fee1fc6a542c7167d4802bec5b.jpg

Note that things might get messy if you try to quote with anything other than text (pictures, etc.) so you might have to clean your quote later.

A [ Quote Selection ] popup button should appear. If you click the popup, your quote will automatically appear in your comment box:

397420100_quote04.jpg.f248a60d25eeaf2a9b54b24bdaef7126.jpg

This works if you only want a piece of the full text of the one you'll quote, and also if you'll quote from someone who posted on a different thread.

Quoting from Other Sources

Highlight the items you want to quote with using either your mouse or keyboard, then copy the items ([copy] option on mouse right click, [ctrl + c] on keyboard). It should look like this:

376810937_quote05.jpg.3982bed1e8e9fc97900057d86b9e83f1.jpg

then you can paste it to your comment box:

1773427747_quote06.jpg.8fc0c6e5fb957766e3aaf833cb01db5b.jpg

Now what? Highlight the text you want to quote and press the [ Quote ] button on the toolbar of your comment box. Don't forget your source link/s, to make things legal.

1131974871_quote07.jpg.ef736090ae485b7f1b74afc6365a7894.jpg

On 10/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, BullRunBit said:

I know it's a basic to know what is Quote on forum, but I will like to explain people how to use and why to use.

First to explain how to use:

When you open some topic and you want to post comment you use Quote option which is located on the end of that topic (or post) and when you click that option topic (on which you click Quote) is "Quote" in your comment.

You can easy to edit "Quote" when certain topic or post is quote in your  comment you can just simple delete part of quote which you want to remove, and post quote and your comment without that part which you dont want to comment.

Explain why to use:

I read a lot of comments here and when I read them I dont know with who that people talking, or they just post to all or to anyone (it's little confused, like they are bots).

Quote option you must to use when you want to give comment on certain topic or post, and when you use that option (Quote) topic or post which you comment owner of that topic or post get notification that someone comment his topic or post.

And that is the key of this option, that you can "Quote" other members topics or posts and to they get notification that someone comment directly to them, and to not comment all posts which is not instructed to us.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/5155-what-is-quote-and-how-to-use/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/5155-what-is-quote-and-how-to-use/?do=findComment&comment=506125

How to hide contents with "Spoiler" button:

Spoiler
On 11/27/2019 at 3:49 PM, kyoukage01 said:

We already have a feature like the one you describe. It is called the "spoiler" button.Untitled01.jpg.bd24c90beedf4ec6965952d43b61f64c.jpg

Here, I'll try to quote you again, this time, I'll hide it inside a spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

On 11/2/2019 at 12:33 AM, mostawda3 said:

Dear members  and moderators, don't you hate it when people quote extra long posts?

It's a little bit irritating and make reading posts more difficult, So I suggest to minimize long quotes' content, I know there is a quote collapse button, but is not automatic and not convenient, this is an example of what I'm talking about: spacer.pngspacer.png

Long Quote:

Minimized:

quote.png.4b79ac08c362b54fee2d33615d4770d2.png

This will make browsing content more easy and make the topic look tidy and clean,

I don't think invision implemented this feature in their core version yet but I found this plugin Minimized Quote 1.2.0 which does the job, I kindly ask Administration to check this suggestion and see if it's possible to implement, Thanks for reading

See? To view what is inside the spoiler, just click on it to view.

I have been in this forum for quite a while now, and yet it seems I am the only one who is using this feature, usually for hiding very long articles, or posting content that I don't want to be seen easily.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/18013-request-suggestion-minimized-quote/?do=findComment&comment=963260

A way to know whether you've already posted on a thread or not:

Spoiler
On 11/7/2019 at 8:38 PM, kyoukage01 said:

@BitTyro answered this one. And I am going to provide a picture as per @Crypto123's request.Untitled.jpg.d0d958c93454f154ca9c1aba45490f9e.jpg

1 = grey speech bubble - thread where you already visited and made a post, as you can see @kyoukage01 (yours truly)

2 = black speech bubble (background only) - thread which you haven't visited yet

3 = no speech bubble - thread that you have already visited but haven't left any post yet

and this:

Untitled0.jpg.219b21829629ea8223b01aa93447147f.jpg

4 = black speech bubble (foreground included) - thread that you have accessed, answered, and now has a new post made after yours

Did I got things right?

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/18999-do-you-ever-thought-about-the-meaning-of-this/?do=findComment&comment=533158

How to apply red tags on topics being created:

Spoiler
On 6/15/2020 at 10:12 PM, Ndayebo8 said:

I am often surprised friends when going through some topics. Most of the topics are having  black tags and some of them are having a red that, some are having both red and black tag, while somes doesn't have a tag. I know how to apply a red tag but I don't have knowledge on how to apply a red tag. Please is there anyone who can explain this to us?

Check the image below with a red circle👇

I know I have some partners that need to know about this tags. Please forward your replies friends

status_me_status_IMG-20200615-WA0007.jpg

On 6/15/2020 at 11:35 PM, Ndayebo8 said:
On 6/15/2020 at 11:23 PM, betelihem said:

I think there is an option when you are creating your topics, there is an option that says "tags" then when you add tags that's about the topic then you will have red tags under your title.

Exactly I just did it as you said you can view it right now from this topics now I am sure there will be more colleagues to learn from you any give you reputations for finding your post useful. I just select from the prefix below as you can see from the screenshot.

Screenshot_20200615-163626.png

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/106153-how-can-i-apply-a-red-tag-to-my-topic

How to activate the Status Update feature:

Spoiler
On 9/28/2020 at 11:38 AM, kyoukage01 said:

That would be the 'status update' feature.

You should have the feature turned on first, as it may be disabled by default. There should be an 'Edit Profile' button in your personal page where you can see the "Enable status updates?" option over there beside a sliding button. Just set it up to "On" and you should now be able to write your own status profile topics, and let other members write status updates in your own profile page as well.

See the pictures below for more information.

Hide contents

image.png.1b0d64a591c1b69fa8f89dc52eba3e6c.png

Hide contents

image.png.35601aa41ffb701f16441e315974af21.png

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/112142-how-to-enabled-this-feature/

How to custom edit/change displayed rank:

Spoiler
On 12/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, PiroSense said:

To anyone who's looking to customize their rank name, I'd provide a step-by-step procedure.

1. Go to your Account Settings.
  2. On the right side of the screen, click Edit Profile.
    • image.thumb.png.c69dd6ae1b655c71e021d90fa83ac428.png
  3. To customize, change the Member Title as shown below:
    • image.thumb.png.29ac09e47afe9f5057534acf94fd0285.png

Note: The feature may be available to higher-ranked members only.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/21914-self-declared-vip-rank-what-does-it-mean/

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/33737-ordinary-member/

Cryptotalk FAQ:

Spoiler
On 2/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, PiroSense said:

Common Cryptotalk Questions Answered!

I made this topic to prevent the ever-repeating topic creation of similar questions that can already be answered within the forum topics created by moderators, but somehow users still creates topics that asks these same questions.

On the bottom/end part of this post, you can see a directory of useful links in the forum with corresponding numbers. On answers, you will see [x] symbols as a reference to this links (i.e. [2] points out to the link number 2).

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

What should I do after registering here or before posting?

~You should read and understand every pinned post made by the moderators and admins in About Forum section [1]. Pinned posts are those posts with green pin icon and is always on top.

Do you earn from topics/posts or just comment?
~Creating a topic is considered a post. Replying or commenting on a topic is also a post. So both are paid.

What is the maximum number of post allowed per day?

~5 days from registration, you are limited to making 50 posts/day [2]. After 5 days, the post limit is removed, but the maximum number of paid posts are only 30/day [3].

What is the cut-off time on the forum for counting posts?
~Moscow Standard Time (GMT+3) at 00:00 (Midnight). Convert to your local timezone using online timezone calculators.

What are the rules and regulation in the forum?
~Read, understand, and follow at useful link below this post [4].

Why does my post get deleted everyday in Yobit?
~Short tips: 1. Don't reply on spam topics, 2. Don't reply on plagiarized posts (from online sources), 3. Don't post one-liner non-sense post.

How can we increase reputation?
~Post quality and detailed content with effort and not just copy-paste/plagiarized (not allowed in the forum!). Don't beg for likes. Don't abuse reputation by exchanging with your 'friends'!

What topics could I post and where?
~I have made a guide regarding the topic at useful link below, and is also pinned here [5].

How to withdraw earnings?

~I still don't have a step-by-step detailed guide for it. But on simplest steps: 1. You click 'Transfer to BTC Balance' in Yobit dashboard, 2. Go to your Yobit Wallet in the navigation bar above, and 3. Withdraw your bitcoins on another BTC address. You could also exchange it to other cryptocurrencies for lesser fees (Yobit Trade).

Can I post in different language?
~No. If you know russian, then go to the Russian section here [6]. If not, then only English is allowed as per the rules [4]. Local boards are not yet established.

[1] https://cryptotalk.org/forum/30-about-forum/

[2] https://cryptotalk.org/topic/5327-forum-ranks/
[3]https://cryptotalk.org/topic/21-get-paid-for-every-post/
[4] https://cryptotalk.org/topic/207-general-rules-of-cryptotalkorg-forum-official/
[5]https://cryptotalk.org/topic/61050-tips-sections-in-the-forum-explained/
[6]https://cryptotalk.org/forum/15-russian/

Special thanks to the admins and moderators in the forum!

@Admin @Bigpat @epidemia @ayatoslaw @Alex077 @Desais

This thread could be locked unless there are additional questions to be added. It could also be pinned upon staff decision. Thanks to all!

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/66014-common-cryptotalk-questions-answered/

Crypto glossary of terms:

Spoiler
On 1/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, Exodus20:15 said:

There is always the challenge of learning the terminology when beginning something new.  I am posting a list of terms frequently used on these forums, that are specific to the Crypto community, as a reference for new users.  I will edit with new terms as needed , just post the word or phrase below and I will add it. 

General Cryptocurrency Terms

HODL - Back in December 2013, a Reddit user posted on a forum with this typo "I AM HODLING" misspelling the word HOLD

Pizza Day - On May 22, 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz agreed to pay 10,000 Bitcoins for two Papa John's pizzas.

Halving - The reward in the amount of Coins earned from Mining is cut in half.

Blockchain - Blockchains are distributed ledgers. They are essentially public databases that everyone can access and read.

Node - A computer that has a copy of the blockchain and is working to maintain it. 

Mining - The process of trying to ‘solve’ the next block.

Mining Rig - A computer specifically designed for processing proof-of-work blockchains. They often consist of ASIC machines or multiple high-end graphic processors (GPUs) to maximize their processing power.

PoW - Proof-of-work.

PoS - Proof-of-stake.

Stable Coin - A crypto-currency with low volatility that is used to trade against the overall market.

Altcoin - Generally any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin or Ethereum.

ICO - Initial Coin Offering, similar to an IPO. Startups issue their own token.

Tokens - Refers to the ‘currency’ of projects.

Fork - When a blockchain splits into two separate chains.

Dapp - Decentralized Application. 

Software Wallet - Storage for cryptocurrency that exists as software files on a computer.

Hardware Wallet - A device that can securely store cryptocurrency, and the users private keys. The most secure way to hold cryptocurrency. Trezor and Ledger Nano S, are two of the most popular hardware wallets.

Cold Storage - Moving cryptocurrency offline as a way of safekeepinv from hackers.

FOMO - Fear Of Missing Out.

FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Baseless negativity spread intentionally by someone that wants the price of something to drop.

Pump And Dump - A fast price increase followed by a huge crash.

ROI - Return on Investment.

Bullish - Expectations that price is going to increase.

Bearish - Expectations that price is going to decrease.

ATH - All-Time-High.

Mooning - Referring to a price going up insanely high.

Whale - Someone that owns ridiculous amounts of cryptocurrency.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/38568-glossary-of-terms-for-beginners-learn-them/

... ... ...

For comments and suggestions, especially if you have any links you may want to share/add here, you may post below.

This topic post will be updated as often as necessary.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 9
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

This rules is very much needed to maintain for all mainly the new bie must to read all rules. if you don't maintain this rules then you may not be able to access this forum.

• Useful or interesting 1

31 minutes ago, Akbor said:

This rules is very much needed to maintain for all mainly the new bie must to read all rules. if you don't maintain this rules then you may not be able to access this forum.

Right to say maintain the forum rules is compulsory for the members of the forum and those members are not follow the forum rules then yes they need to not enter in this good forum.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:27 PM, CryptoMoney said:

This links are informative. But, the links can make people not to want to read this. Maybe you can help by reading the links and edit it here. Thanks for the info.

Some of the links include pictures, and some of the links have useful information scattered around. For now I do not feel the need to rehash them here, as it will make the opening post too long to read, as I stated above.

But I'll think about it. It would be a nice way of preserving information if those threads get deleted for some reason. Maybe hide them inside a spoiler...

14 hours ago, Akbor said:

Erm... You're right. But the links I have above are less on rules and more on tutorials though...

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

This is a great job you made here bro thanks for compiling this thread about this forum any thing we want we can find it here 

Thank you, I have already shortened everything difficult for beginners, I think this topic should be pinged at the top of the section. 

8 hours ago, Angel Medina said:

Very constructive and useful all the advice that I have read, thank you very much for your contribution, I want to contribute my grain of sand and then I will write for me some tricks for everyone who is starting in this exciting world:

(etc. etc. etc.)

Maybe you should make a new thread with this instead of posting it here. You can add more while you're at it.

This thread is mainly for sharing links to the forum functions and advice on posting for newbies. Advice regarding Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies in general are not included here 🙂 .

But thank you anyway for your time to write this. We appreciate it.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, Amxy said:

Thanks for doing this good work.keep it up. The links have useful information for both newbies and other members.

Yeah these all links is very useful for all the members of forum and if the all newbies will read this topics they will learn more about this forum.

Thank you very much for posting these useful links. This is a big help for us specially the newbies. I really appreciate this kind of stuffs. I just hope that we can read it directly in this thread. This is a very useful information. 

Nice information and very knowledgable, this will really help the newbies into this forum who are really wanna learn more and become better in terms of trading.

20 hours ago, Angel Medina said:

Thank you very much, it was my mistake to just read the title of the topic I thought it was a place to expose our experience about the world of coins. But I see that they were referring to the forum, very useful by the way, nothing I hope to continue contributing my ideas to everyone and that they are of help and together we can gather every granite to fill the glass of bitcoin hehe do you think I should delete the publication and publish it in another theme? Or I leave it and will an administrator handle it? Is that as I am new I still do not know a little the mechanics of each option.

Just leave it, as it would be a waste on your part.

You can create another thread for it, and like I said, you can add a few more tips while you're at it. Then add a link from your previous post to that new thread of yours, to make things legal here.

16 hours ago, HYIP Monitor said:

hello i have question..

where can i found my referral link here to share in my group.?

Are you talking about your profile page?

Untitled00.thumb.jpg.79d4e420e772e28126ed74ba069ab93f.jpg

Your profile link is here:

https://cryptotalk.org/profile/25143-hyip-monitor/

To access your profile and see the profile link on your browser's URL:

• As a shortcut, just click on your avatar on your postUntitled01.jpg.05883984fe24610d3bbe1118c2fcafb5.jpg
  • Alternatively, you can access it via the options when clicking your profile name at the top right of your forum webpageUntitled02.thumb.jpg.da113ef5b8fd721cefca052585d8564e.jpg

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1

I recently discovered that I can no longer edit my very old posts, so I went ahead with @CryptoMoney's suggestion of editing the contents into this thread before it is too late.

They are hidden inside the spoiler buttons, so you have to click on them to access them. The thread topic would become a total mess otherwise.

If one day I can no longer edit my thread topic, I will post my updates like this instead. Look forward to it.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:09 AM, kyoukage01 said:

For comments and suggestions, especially if you have any links you may want to share/add here, you may post below.

This thread will be updated as often as necessary.

I did nit even remember creating that topic, just happy some of my topics could still help the newbies till now and maybe forever, i will create more useful contents.

Thanks for giving such a great guidelines your information contains very useful contents for the new beginners because its not easy for beginners to settle easily with such a big community this information gives great opportunity to have knowledge about it. 

On 1/10/2020 at 10:48 PM, teminalibug said:

I did nit even remember creating that topic, just happy some of my topics could still help the newbies till now and maybe forever, i will create more useful contents.

You can also share some of your older posts and even the posts of other members here. If you spot something, even a link would be sufficient, and I'll take care of the rest here myself.

This applies to the other users too 🙂 .

I am not omnipotent; therefore I won't be able to archive everything here without everyone's support 🙂 .

50 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

You can also share some of your older posts and even the posts of other members here. If you spot something, even a link would be sufficient, and I'll take care of the rest here myself.

Great, i will go through my topics to fetch you some useful post that are helpful, keep up the good work.

23 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Great, i will go through my topics to fetch you some useful post that are helpful, keep up the good work.

Sure, as long as the topics involved are forum functions related.

Ermmm, the link you gave just now was informative and I enjoyed reading it, but it is not the kind of topic I am looking for in this thread.

I'll be looking forward for more input from you and the other members of the forum.

Edited by kyoukage01

38 minutes ago, kyoukage01 said:

Sure, as long as the topics involved are forum functions related.

Ermmm, the link you gave just now was informative and I enjoyed reading it, but it is not the kind of topic I am looking for in this thread.

I'll be looking forward for more input from you and the other members of the forum.

Oh okay, there is still all the time in the world to create the kind topics you want, So soon i will come up with an Idea.

31 minutes ago, Zakirusani said:

Yeah these every one of associations is same helpful for every one the members of forum and if the each and every one newbies will comprehend this topics they will be trained extra about this forum.

Yes, sometimes when you see yourself helping people here, you feel like you are paid for the good you do.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:09 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Every now and then, questions regarding the workings of the Cryptotalk forum would pop up here and there. Our valiant members of course answers those queries satisfactorily. Alas, they oftentimes get buried by newer threads and thus are not visible anymore, and newbies most of the time do not use the search feature, for various reasons. So I created this thread as a reference tool for easy access to those information.

Hi. I think your topic can be very useful for new members and people not used to using discussion forums. Thank you.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

A few new tutorials are now added into the main topic.

In cases where the original topics are locked or the original creator of the topic has been inactive, and thus the tutorial's content cannot be updated in the future if the situation calls for it, I might consider updating those topics by adding additional content and include them here. I will inform you all in those cases by posting here.

Edited by kyoukage01

please be informative guys, post news,  and try to be honest  and give likes if you like others post it does not ask you for money or food to make + to a good post and it will also motivate person to give a hot and accurate informations. thats my2cent. good luck and thank you for tips provided here i will read all of them. thanks

Edited by MrGeany

15 hours ago, ibrahim.rasaq999 said:

Thank you, I have already shortened everything difficult for beginners, I think this topic should be pinged at the top of the section. 

There are many topics that are similar to this topic in the content and which deserve to be fixed at the top of the forum. I will send the work team and present them with this.