Is it risky to invest in cryptocurrencies based on what you read in the news? - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Is it risky to invest in cryptocurrencies based on what you read in the news?

do.If you're not extremely bullish on bitcoin because you get it, then you are best off buying and holding. Most likely the best route would be to buy BTC with 5% of all new money you invest (if you invest 10% of your income, buy BTC with 0.5% of your income on every pay period or regular time interval). The goal with this is NOT to trade, it's to hold and not sell - like a retirement account.

I didn't mean any news we read. I was only referring to important news that can influence the value of some coins. I have seen some news can change market trends and even move investments from one coin to another. Yes, news are very powerful in some cases. I agree that we should not invest only based on news but we can include the effect of news in our collection of information we use for making a final decision about future investments. For me, the best 

If there is instability in the world like any natural hazard or war then the value of cryptocurrency will fluctuate quickly, in this sense it is good to not invest in cryptocurrency but sometimes people create hype so that others can sell their cryptocurrency lower than original value 

If there is a platform which I am to on without thinking of risk is crypto, it is a fearless investment platform.

yes it is really risky i know that news are really effective on market and coin's price but you cant trust all of the because a lot of them are fake news also there are many things that effect on a coin's price.

Sometimes the news is correct for most of the cryptocurrencies. The news can be a great influence on the price of the currency if it has positive results from the company that established the currency, so you must make sure the news first was invested in the currency

I have noticed many times that the cryptocurrency market reacts poorly to news. Several large crypto exchanges were hacked several times, and the price of bitcoin remained unchanged. The cryptocurrency market lives its own life and changes in the price of cryptocurrencies are unpredictable.

• +3 1

Yes it is. If you want to really invest in something, count on yourself in the first place and then compare your ideas with the posted news.

I have not yet invested in any crypto coin because of the news and I don't follow news that much but I believe this way of investing can be profitable at sometimes though I believe every time is right and OK to start investing in crypto for those purchasing crypto with fiat.

43 minutes ago, Alli78 said:

This is a common method but news is also a very important source of gathering information about the future of crypto coins. For example, sometimes you read in the news that a certain finance or a big company have plans to start a project for a particular coin. This kind of news often leads to the increase in value but the effect could be anything. Have you ever invested in any coins based on cryptocurrency news?

Which one do you think is more reliable as the basis for investment, news or price predictions?

I don't rely on news unless they are massively pointing to one direction. 

Usually when something is on the news we know it is a good time to sell. 

"Buy the rumour, sell the news they say". Unless we are in a fomo bull-run I wouldn't buy.

Useful or interesting

Don't forget to like my post if it has been helpful!   

Some news are invalid but all of them don't point to a single direction. In this topic, I am only referring to valid news. If you compare news that have reliable sources with invalid news, you will find that they are quite different in content and news are at a higher level than a rumor. Rumors have no strong basis and they are just words that are passed from person to person. We should use all prediction tools that we have access to because we don't need which one is telling the truth.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:42 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Which one do you think is more reliable as the basis for investment, news or price predictions?

I think for a long-term investment to all three must be considered, but if only for a short-term investment maybe 1 or 2 considerations are enough.

9 hours ago, michael3 said:

I think for a long-term investment to all three must be considered, but if only for a short-term investment maybe 1 or 2 considerations are enough.

The effect of news is beneficial for both short and long term duration because the result of news on cryptocurrency market is not always for the long term. Sometimes a news is published that can transform prices within a few hours and can affect the decision of all traders. For this reason, we should always read news and consider them in our trades as a influencing factor because if other traders know more than you, they will use the market to their own advantage.

14 minutes ago, Brushless4500KV said:

The effect of news is beneficial for both short and long term duration because the result of news on cryptocurrency market is not always for the long term. Sometimes a news is published that can transform prices within a few hours and can affect the decision of all traders. For this reason, we should always read news and consider them in our trades as a influencing factor because if other traders know more than you, they will use the market to their own advantage.

I agree, therefore I say at least have 1-2 considerations for short term investment, because in my opinion for short-term investments we don't have to be too complicated to think of all three.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:54 AM, Sty1e said:

it is very risky to invest blindly in this way,there are no official media in this area,and public and other resources can make inflrmatsionye throw-ins for a pump or dump of coins

Coin desk and many other online plat forum giving good and real news about coins.You just have to search more before making move.It not their job to lead us to the profit.We have to make own efforts for earning.We don't need to pit blame on media we can verify any short of news in few minutes.

I think the biggest risk are emotions and lack of knowledge. The lack of knowledge could lead to things such as believing that a shit coin is going to be big. And emotions can cause you to panic, whether buy or sell...

I think if any investment there is always risk. And the choice should be made by you . And you should always carefully study the project you are investing in.

• +1 1

It's both a 2 ways affair, as new too on the net, would encourage and discourage users, at certain times to invest on some specific coins. As I've seen some times when mining is not profitable at such periods for reason which I didn't pay attention too. But most at times new s of such infos when taking about investing or not, from multiple sources should be taken with caution

43 minutes ago, Jay8 said:

yes.at some point analysts were saying bitcoin is going to increase in value soon but the reality is that it decreased even further. not all issues have been discovered in crypto

The right time to buy and own a lot of bitcoin, this is necessary because we do not know how long bitcoin will rise again.

• +1 2

Crypto news sites aren’t always a reliable investment guide. Sometimes, companies use them as platforms to advertise their new product.

• +1 1

Yes, investing in crypto is taking risk, because you are not guaranteed that you will make profit by trading, but it depends with your trading knowledge and skill, those they will give you money in trading.

• +1 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Every business has risk factors like forex, stock exchange business but frequency of risk are vary business to business. Like forex and stock and crypto currencies has not much less risk. All three markets has huge risk but trillions volume trades on these markets. 

• +1 1

No because it is not guaranteed that all news can be true. There are some news source which are more for the creating the propaganda in the markets. So never trust the false news which can hamper the investment mood. Now declined in the market is due to the false news. 

• +1 1

Yes, I think that buying in the case of bad news in the market is very dangerous, only you have to buy when the market is in bad condition and sell when it is in a state of confidence

• +1 1

Yes, of course, there is a great risk of investment by hearing the news because not all news is true and correct

• +1 1

Life is great and enjoy it

On 1/22/2020 at 3:42 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Some people only read price predictions when they want to invest in a particular coin. This is a common method but news is also a very important source of gathering information about the future of crypto coins. For example, sometimes you read in the news that a certain finance or a big company have plans to start a project for a particular coin. This kind of news often leads to the increase in value but the effect could be anything. Have you ever invested in any coins based on cryptocurrency news?

Both of them are important, but i trust more in price prediction, the news are very important so you now hows the market, use both and make your own prediction, thats what i do.

• +1 1

On 1/22/2020 at 5:42 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Some people only read price predictions when they want to invest in a particular coin. This is a common method but news is also a very important source of gathering information about the future of crypto coins. For example, sometimes you read in the news that a certain finance or a big company have plans to start a project for a particular coin. This kind of news often leads to the increase in value but the effect could be anything. Have you ever invested in any coins based on cryptocurrency news?

I think that you will need to research about how the crypto move as well. Do not rely on news only because that can be too biased and favor the odds that is against bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You must be knowledgeable yourself.