Few things about New Wallets? - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BitMart

Few things about New Wallets?

One of my friend lost nearly 2 bitcoin funds because of new wallets. Do not send funds to a new wallet unless it's proven to be credible and reliable. Some will do away with your funds and claim they were hacked. Some will even claim to give dividends for holding your crypto in their wallet, an example is plustoken wallet which was an obvious scam. Also, watch out for wallets apps which are fake  especially when there is only a web wallet and the scammers take advantage of the situation to create fake wallet.

What your thoughts about this.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 2

Hello. I think your post is a good reminder for everyone, cryptocurrency user or not. It is always recommended to use a small amount for the first transaction ... There are many serious websites and as many scammers websites. I am sorry for your friend, at my level, the loss of this amount would break my life. Let us remember this sentence: Google is your best friend. Always take the time to make research on the web before using a service for the first time. Wallets, in the proper sense of the term, do not offer any interest on assets stored inside.

It is true that there is staking (POS) as there are websites like Dharma, Nexo and Crypto.com (all 3 legits) but this is 2 other subjects.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

1 hour ago, farhanpro613 said:

So its better to use geniune renowned wallet, if you're a phone user you can try coinbase and for dekstop you can try trust wallet. All these are genuine and reliable wallet.

Right you are . all should use any trusted wallet as in the market now there are many fake wallets who are trying to scam with you. coinbase is the best crypto wallet for phone.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, BitMart said:

One of my friend lost nearly 2 bitcoin funds because of new wallets. Do not send funds to a new wallet unless it's proven to be credible and reliable. Some will do away with your funds and claim they were hacked. Some will even claim to give dividends for holding your crypto in their wallet, an example is plustoken wallet which was an obvious scam. Also, watch out for wallets apps which are fake  especially when there is only a web wallet and the scammers take advantage of the situation to create fake wallet.

it is pretty simple to avoid scam wallets by simply doing researches on internet because there a lot of legit wallets out of there. 

but the real question is, if your friends had almost 20k$. why he did not buy an hardware wallet to keep all those money safe? i mean if you 20k$ then you can afford to buy a 60$ hardware wallet.

your friend made a big mistake

Always when you see a new wallet try to not be the first victim of them, for me I never try them, always I give them some time until they get old and until I hear that this wallet is good and trusted, then I will deposit my coins in it, but not all my coins, mostly I will start with airdrops for example or some low deposits

I think that when deciding on a wallet it is similar as deciding on a bank to open a bank account with for your fiat currency. It is imperative that we need to do the proper research to ensure that we are able to store our crypto safely. Check the wallet and look at other user comment son it. And most importantly, stick to wallets that are well known like blockchain and coinbase. There is no point trying new wallets when these work just fine as it stands.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Yes you are right on this one its true we should avoid new wallets because many are from scamers and the best is to use popular ones like blockchain and coinbase.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:37 AM, BitMart said:

Tell him to be careful next time to avoid being scam because most of the online wallets now are fake or they doing scam by the use of that. 

Be wise and avoid that to happen again. 

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

Hello amd thanks for the advice and in general I do not use any random wallet i just use the old and trusted one because anyone can make a wallet and then can delete it and everything will be a spam in a second.

Of course, we should not use any wallets without making sure of their reliability, especially when we want to store large quantities of them. I use Blockchain and Coinbase wallets which are two trustworthy wallets to store money

I am sorry for your friend, sometimes the problem is not in the new wallets but the problem is that there are some viruses that change the wallet when sending money ..

Yes dear you are right. It is very sad for your friend. We should use famous and well known wallets. It will avoid to loos money. 

On 4/3/2020 at 5:18 PM, malik6314193 said:

Yes dear you are right. It is very sad for your friend. We should use famous and well known wallets. It will avoid to loos money. 

I agree with you... Why to use new wallets while they are a lot of good and well known wallets working since many years... Personally I prefer non-custodial wallets even if I have a Ledger Nano.

2 days to profit -Here-

You are absolutely right! We don't have to trust a new wallet that easily and deposit large amount like that, 2 bitcoins in a new wallet!!! We should wait for sometime until we see reviews about that new wallet and make decisions after reading them.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

yes.you're right.I personally use only the best and most trusted crypto wallet such as trust wallet,MEW or coinbase etc.And it is really so much risky to use a new wallet.Because as you said,they could be scam.So before using a wallet,we should do some research about it or see some review about it 

Never send money into the new wallet. There are already so many trusted cryptocurrency wallets, please do not easily fall into the attractive offers created by the scammers. You need to perform research before depositing your hard earned money. 

It is very important that before trusting to a wallet make sure the it is a legit and not a scam. Because you may loose how much you put in that wallet if you didn't check the wallet. So be careful on trusting to a new wallet because there are lots of scammers out there that always make a way in order to scam people and earn easy money.

l'm very sad about the bad experience of your friend. It is really hard to decide new wallets, that is why it is not exaggeration to say that scam is huge part of the crypto world, and we must be more careful about that. 

On 1/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, BitMart said:

These scammers take advantage of the fact that people are not knowledgeable enough about cryptocurrencies. They also take advantage of people's greed. Here are some concepts to learn to avoid these traps definitively:

- mining

- proof-of-work (PoW)

- proof-os-stake (PoS)

2 days to profit -Here-

I prefer storing cryptocurrency in old existing wallets like Ledger, Coinbase, blockchain or Luno rather than looking for new ones. Mostly, the sign-up bonuses, airdrops or referral bonuses are what makes some prefer new ones. I am not discouraging promoting new wallet but greed kills. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I'm also never trying something that just came out. There might be many bugs and many problems included. Also there is also a good chance that the wallet is a fake one and the devs were just scammers trying to steal the users cryptocurrencies. Sadly this happens quite frequently. I would recommend wallets that have been tested by trusted developers and had their code audited thoroughly. 

wow 2 btc is a lot of money he should use trusted and popular wallets i dont have that much money and all of my money is about 300 dollars but im so careful on my choices and i only hold my money on legit wallets. new wallets have a lot of issues and bags.

1 hour ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

It is not about using trusted and popular wallets, the only one wallet to be used for such huge amount are hardware wallet for convenience and safety of your coins. 

For storing high amount of cryptocurrencies that will with more than $1000, I will advise people to use hardware wallets also irrespective if online wallets are safe or not. 

That is why I always invite you to download the famous blockchain wallet or use the cold wallets from the official website in order to ensure that we get a real, non-fraudulent copy even if we don't lose our money.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

2 hours ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

I agree, as hardware wallet is the modern means to store high amount of coin, but just in addition, you can get hardware wallet like ledger nano with just $60 or less, so, storing even $200 worth of coin on it is good because the wallet is not expensive the way people talked about it. 

I think you are right, it is not necessary for someone to have up to $1000 before getting a hardware wallet, having just $500 is still good because I even know people that bought this hardware wallet at $50. 

• +1 1