Price crypto can be manipulated? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
owmivmen

Price crypto can be manipulated?

The price of crypto can't be manipulated by anyone or even the government because it's really secured and it runs on blockchain technology, so no one can really do something about the current price or volume of a certain cryptocurrency, it's really impossible.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

12 hours ago, owmivmen said:

Have you heard about crypto prices being manipulated on the Exchange?  I heard from someone who is experienced in crypto management. He said to use crypto with caution. what do you think? do you have other thoughts about crypto?

manipulation can happen in everything as long there is money involved.and in the cryptocurrencies field the manipulation can make a very big profit for the men in control of this market

that's why we have to be cautious 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Yes the price of the crypto currency has been manipulated in mostly small coins which goes to the dump and pump a little bit. 

• +1 1

I think that's possible by huge traders who have big amounts of currencies 

So that you should be careful always and play with them 😉

Have you heard about crypto prices being manipulated on the Exchange?  I heard from someone who is experienced in crypto management. He said to use crypto with caution. what do you think? do you have other thoughts about crypto?

Yes,price of crypto currencies varies also because of the manipulation of those who are known as whales. They made fake inflating and deflating in price for personal gain.

• +2 1

As i read how crypto system work the answer "NO " its one of advantage of crypto "Permanent Data That Cannot Be Manipulated-

Secure storage of important records is another promising use for DLT.  Health care companies are learning how to use this technology to keep medical data confidential while providing access to insurance companies and other authorized users.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Have you heard about crypto prices being manipulated on the Exchange?

They are essentially called "whales", since they have a lot of available liquid funds. Whales are those market players with huge amounts available (a billionaire or so).

They manipulate the market in such a way that they buy or sell into the market in huge amounts, and because most cryptocurrencies are decentralized, they only rely on supply-demand without regulation. And thus when there is a huge buy/sell, the price can be manipulated to pump (go up), or dump (crash down).

After such a pump or dump, smaller investors like us who cannot control the prices, but instead just "swims" with the whales, began to experience FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). If the price suddenly pumps, then we tend to buy in immediately. If the price crashes, we tend to sell because we're afraid of losing more.

How does a whale benefit into that power to control the prices?

For example, a whale pumps the price. FOMO has been spread, and people thinking the latest pump was the start of the bull run has bought in to the market. The price goes high enough and the whale starts to sell his holdings. Which would give him more profit from his FOMO starter, but leave smaller fishes like us with false hopes and possibly more losses.

Then can also do it the other way around. If they have huge coins in the market, they could sell it, therefore crashing the price. Now, the fishes (smaller investors like us) that swims with the whales thinks that the price would continue back down and panic sells their holdings (which would effectively crash it more). Then comes a point that the whale enters the market again, but now buys a lot more Bitcoin because the price of 1 BTC would be a lot smaller in USD.

Such price manipulations are evident in a decentralized market such as Bitcoin.

Edited by PiroSense
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Yes cryptocurrency can be manipulated. It is good plateform of earning when price goes up then people more invest and get benefits more. But it is not better for the small invester.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I started to believe this in the recent days, especially the weak coins they are playing with them as they like, but bitcoin or other powerful coin are hard a little bit but they are manipulated too for sure, I didn't believe this before but now i'm

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Yes the prices of crypto can be manipulated in fact the sudden plunge of bitcoin in 2017 was rumoured to be caused by a whale selling a huge amount of bitcoins and buying them back after the price dropped. So if you have a lot of bitcoins you can destabilize the price of bitcoin or any cryptocurrency whenever you want. Unlike in traditional stock market where it is illegal to sell a huge amount of stock of a company to lower the price of the stocks and buying it back to earn a nice profit. In crypto trading its perfectly legal since no one is regulating the trade.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

Epic Wuz HiR🤤🤤🥵

I dont know about this matter yet. But thanks to this post, it is very interesting as well as informative. I would root for more comments here so that my knowledge in crypto would be much wider.

• +1 2

I think its very impossible why becouse if they will manipulate it maybe the bitcoin will not last until today.other or lot of exchanger will close and i think the only coin that manipulated by people or by the bank is the ripple.

• +1 2

well in my first crypto days i thought bitcoin used to pump and dump naturally but i think its obvious by now that all the pumps and dumps are done by whales to manipulate the market.

• -1 1

Yes definitely yes. The one main reason the most skillful traders face loss in their own field. The group of that kind of people is called wheals. The bitcoin and the top altcoins price varies on some good or bad news also. They put rumor of that kind of news. So the price can be manipulated by them. By that they make huge profit for own. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yeah crypto can be manipulated, for me a small cap crypto its easy to manipulated by big players and they can pump and dump anytime

• +1 1

32 minutes ago, Sunil Kum said:

Yes cryptocurrency can be manipulated by big buyers .They usually target small currencies for their bull run . Hope this will help you.

i think the fact that so many people know this market is manipulated is why so many big investors dont like to join this market because they dont want to be played with their money.

• -1 1
  • +1 1

17 hours ago, owmivmen said:

Some time ago when cryptopia exchange was not hacked, many of pump channels was alive at telegram, they select a certain coin and start pumping it, at once they sold and coin dumps back. Many of cases have been seen not only on that exchange also on binance.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

Yes of course, crypto currencies can be manipulated by people who have the majority of these coins or what is often called whale. Therefore, before buying coins, we must look at circulating supply and daily trading volume as a guide

• +1 2

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

Ofcourse if being manipulated by whales, see the when BTC drop $400 in price in a span of few hours. this is the works of whales that wanting to buy BTC at a lower price by shaking up the weakhands so they will be force to sell. 

• +1 2

spacer.png

In my opinion, there are many cryptocurrencies being manipulated. they inflate the value of that currency to a very high level but its true value is not so. Take a look at their stats and make a decision.

• +1 2

Exchanges can do that because they control system and data, manipulation is possible. Which one use it we don't know about that, manipulation mostly doing at weekend and event. Avoid trading on that time, stay away from the market and take your holiday.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes we certainly know whale, he can manipulate prices. When he acts, we can not do anything, so that the market price can be chaotic made by them. This is indeed very dangerous for us.

• +1 2

I also think so. Cause many exchanging websites in the internet are doing this without getting caught. You'll find many names if you so some research. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes price of crypto can be manipulated, just think that when lot of people buy lot of crypto then crypto price will automatically increase and it will just opposite when lot of people sell their crypto. That is why crypto price is keep on fluctuating as every trade in crypto market has its impact on the price.

• +1 1