As soon as I start reporting posts, my own post count goes down.... - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Pearls Before Swine

As soon as I start reporting posts, my own post count goes down....

It's funny how this works.  Every time I report multiple posts either for plagiarism or spam, my own post count soon goes down.  It's happened before, and I've also noticed that when I go a few days of *not* reporting posts, I don't have a problem with this.  What are the moderators doing here?  I don't tend to make garbage posts, and my grasp of english is crystal clear unlike many other members here whose posts are completely unintelligible. 

Mods really need to keep an eye on plagiarism and stop punishing members who report posts like that.

• Useful or interesting 17
  • +1 11
  • +2 8
  • +3 5
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

If you are not consistent doing cryptotalk, your post possibly deleted because moderators and admins are active in this forum, they are deleting some topic because of some reason. If you commented to that topic, your comment will be deleted too. It is not about reporting post, if you are not active in this forum, the number of your post will go down. 

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +2 4
  • +3 1

7 hours ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

I don't tend to make garbage posts, and my grasp of english is crystal clear unlike many other members here whose posts are completely unintelligible.

Im sorry,but i found this very rude!

We are all here to earn money,lets give everyone,even just a bit of consideration.

Not everyone can speak fluently like you,(based on what you said) and have knowledge about crypto world. Many here have their own native language,so it doesnt mean that their are not intelligent enough.

Admins know what their doing,even we think on ourselves that we are perfect and right.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 5
  • +2 2
  • +3 3
  • +4 1

I don't know that this thing happens to the forum, but may I ask, did you reporting the topic or the post of the members-only? Maybe because if you report a topic, it got deleted, and your post in it will be removed also, or maybe they making a revenge in you; that's the possible way I see why you have this kind of problem. But if not, then kindly contact the admins and moderators for this problem.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +4 1

It must be a coincidence, you should know that not everything you publish is useful, although you thin so, you can realize that your total count does not decrease, that of useful comments if, sometimes the comments may not be everyone's taste and someone reports it.

You have an average of 32 post daily, which is quite high, it is worth asking yourself if all the comments are really useful.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

8 hours ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

It's funny how this works.  Every time I report multiple posts either for plagiarism or spam, my own post count soon goes down.  It's happened before, and I've also noticed that when I go a few days of *not* reporting posts, I don't have a problem with this.  What are the moderators doing here?  I don't tend to make garbage posts, and my grasp of english is crystal clear unlike many other members here whose posts are completely unintelligible. 

Mods really need to keep an eye on plagiarism and stop punishing members who report posts like that.

They are doing for everyone, not just you, we see so many top members are inactive or not posting much here. I am also not concentrating on this forums because of deletion of posts that goes as rude. They even don't specify why the post or thread has deleted. We got tired for asking these types of questions and currently I am too ignore such type of topics.

I would say just ignore and do your work take lightly, don't put all eggs in one basket.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

No, don't look at it like this, this is happening to all of us, if yiu are reporting spam then you are thankful but they will delete some of yours if they thought that some of your posts are useless, so don't take it seriously and don't worry 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

You think more you report posts most places you have in this forum and no one can report your post, it's not like that bro you can see by your self every day you have more deleted post than today and you need to work more than yesterday to reach your useful posts. The forum Make the cleaning every day and delete remove abd move many posts for all users without any clarification

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

I have never experienced this before but it might just be a coincidence, the days that you report other people's content may also be a day when you broke some of the rules of the forum and vice versa but if you are sure that you are not in the wrong here and your content is being deleted unfairly I think the only solution would be to get into contact with one of the mods or admins and defend the posts which got deleted.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Not everyone can write in english as good as you since some of the people here are not native english speakers and dont use the language that often. Please be considerate and dont diss people who are not very good in written english. Every one here is trying to learn as much as they can about crypto at the same time earn a little bit extra while learning. If everyone is concious of how grammatically correct their post are then not many people will be active in this site.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

Epic Wuz HiR🤤🤤🥵

Yes i totally agree with you, i haven't noticed anyone violating the rules of the forum so i haven't reported yet but i think your problem is very much important because while reporting the users are only facing problems. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

10 hours ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

It's funny how this works.  Every time I report multiple posts either for plagiarism or spam, my own post count soon goes down. 

Basically,this happens to everyone,so its not because you report someone. First thing,why should they do that,whats their purpose?do they get benefits from it?well,as i search on your posts,the way you talk,the way you give bad reaction to many users is maybe the reason.we should respect each other here.

And another thing,comments from deleted topics will also lessen your post counts,so nothing to worry about it.

Edited by Ms.o
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

8 hours ago, Raven said:

If you are not consistent doing cryptotalk, your post possibly deleted because moderators and admins are active in this forum, they are deleting some topic because of some reason. If you commented to that topic, your comment will be deleted too. It is not about reporting post, if you are not active in this forum, the number of your post will go down. 

2 hours ago, dimasorokin269 said:

Right before our very eyes @dimasorokin269 unashamedly copied word for word  @Raven post. I have reported about a thousand such posts and I hope they're not allowed to go unpunished.  

I was not active for 2 days and now I see my useful post is deficient by 2, but why my post count was not affected by that if it was as a result of deletion of some thread?

• +1 2

11 hours ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

Try to be carefully while you are reporting others post, maybe while you report than you are reporting the usefully post so the forum most might give you the penalty in that

• +1 2
  • +4 1

1 hour ago, Cryptominded said:

Right before our very eyes @dimasorokin269 unashamedly copied word for word  @Raven post. I have reported about a thousand such posts and I hope they're not allowed to go unpunished.  

I was not active for 2 days and now I see my useful post is deficient by 2, but why my post count was not affected by that if it was as a result of deletion of some thread?

Thanks for reporting that person. I've seen a lot of copy/paster on this forum. Moderators and admins need to do some punishment for those copy/pasters so they will learn from it. 

These days moderators are always deleting posts and meaningless topics so if you commented to that topic, your post will be deleted too. 

• +2 2

I haven't experienced it before because I haven't reported anyone yet as I didn't find anyone breaking the rules.but there are moderators who always keep a check on posts.So maybe i might happen that the post you commented on got deleted and that's the reason why the number of your comments got down.

• +2 2

10 hours ago, Khairat said:

Then if that's  what you think is the reason for your post getting  deleted then just spam the post rather than reporting . Even I am thinking maybe thats the reason  why  many of my post got deleted yesterday cause I also reported a member for copy/paste 

That doesn't make sense does it? The forum stands to gain from reporting spammers and that translates to lesser work for mods and admin making them more responsive. They'll be shooting themselves in the leg if it were the other way round,

• +2 1

On 1/11/2020 at 4:43 AM, Pearls Before Swine said:

Really? I haven't noticed this. I also report a lot of spamming users everyday and I haven't noticed this happening at all. Maybe I should observe if this happens too.

• +2 1

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

Aside from the possibility of the threads you've replied being routinely deleted...

Have you posted any inflammatory comments lately? That would be one ground for mods to delete your posts. Another is the possibility of someone maliciously reporting your posts for revenge. Your warning points may increase in both cases. If not, I have no idea why. But the possibility is there.

One thing I know is that your "heat meter" is already too high, and your 'enemies' are not silent about it.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +2 1
  • +4 2

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

I think there's no connection about your reportings on member, a lot of members here are facing this kind of dilemmas too where their post are being deleted by the admins or moderators this forum is fair.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 1/11/2020 at 2:28 AM, Pearls Before Swine said:

I feel sorry for that but pal consider if you are good at English it is good for you but not everyone in this forum are good at English. They know their native language quite well. We all  are  here to earn money and reporting without a reason is not good. The admins and moderators are doing their job and we don't need to teach that.

• +2 1

They can't keep up with the member count. Take note that they are actually only 6 moderators, all regulating sections here and in Russian local board, and with almost near 100k members, it's getting hard to review every post/reply/topic.

Regarding your problem, it might be because you replied on those posts that you report, and thus your post gets deleted too. If reporting a plagiarized article, don't reply on the topic and instead, just report the post. If the user reported has also other cases of plagiarism, you could add in the message of report to request a review of the account, since it's most probably a bot, or just a user abusing the system.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 2

Thank god I not the only one who encounter this problem your right for every report we made they deduct our useful post  and sometimes I even include photo just to give evidence now i think twice before reporting spammer because Im afraid to lost more of my post .

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

On 1/11/2020 at 1:43 AM, Pearls Before Swine said:

I have made several reports on  plagiarism by members and i also get my several posts deleted and my reputation goes down  from 158 to 135.I was shocked but i did not stop doing reports on plagiarism.I was wondering what happened .

• +2 2

Well i hope those kind of happenings stop to those who have concerned to this community. Imagine you are helping to clean this community butyou receive deleted post count. I hope they make actions about this.

• +2 1