Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 14 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

no long terms hold ls very good i also a long term holder and im in profit new peoples in crypto currencies thinking long term hold bad

With long term ,bitcoin will grow because virtual money will be the most part of life of people. you can decide to keep save a great part of your investment and doing trading  with little part .

People want money fast but only if you enter in the good trend you will win quickly .The most part of time you will must learn patience

• +2 1

8 hours ago, Soaib khan said:

no long terms hold ls very good i also a long term holder and im in profit new peoples in crypto currencies thinking long term hold bad

Or maybe people think that it is bad because they invest on the wrong coins, me and you knows where to invest that is why we know it is good.

Because Sometime long term holding may be risky , you may lost , for eg if you bought wrong crypto and thought of long term holding , it may gradually decrease value in price so you will be in loss

If they think so then they are wrong, long-term hold is a form of rescuing this market itself, but if all the money is sold out, the market will pay much but it will collapse, it becomes too dangerous.

There are so many option to hold your money for long time. You can put it on fix deposit instead of invest in crypto. Because bitcoin price is not sure for anytime. So long term holding is no good.

On 12/23/2019 at 12:28 PM, mrking049 said:

Many people don't have enough patience to hold long as most people want easy money that's fast too. That's why some people think long term is bad. Price will increase or decrease no one knows of future that's why Many people are thinking .Holding long term cryptocurrency is bad.

Holding some cryptocurrency without knowledge i see also the reason.

Where i see people just buy a coin, for example Bitcoin. They never learn what is Bitcoin and why they invest on Bitcoin. They only think Bitcoin will going up forever, where the reality that is not possible.

Because naturally all cryptocurrency is moving by supply and demand. So when they see the price always going down they only think to get out as soon as possible.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

Well, I think those who assume like that will not have progress, because the top BTC coins are always good for investing for the long term.

I think one of the reason why they say long term holding is bad is because the project owner may actually not choose to continue it's crypto business or could be abondouned on the way like some project, for me before investing I should be able to invest on the valuable coins for long term holding. 

On 10/28/2019 at 11:16 PM, redamoun said:

It depends on you, if you want quick profits, you need to trade at every moment, but if you have more unused funds, than you can invest it, in one of the very good currencies, I think BTC would be a good choice, for the next three or four years. also ETH is not that bad, the important thing is to invest the money that you are not in need for your daily life.

i think its not mainly about what we want but about we are good at, because some people can handle the stress that comes with daily trading and others cant handle it so they choose to hold coins for a while.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, sashimidore said:

I do not think these people are idiots. They have their investment strategy. They believe that this investment will bring profit in the future. That's why its long term.

You are right. We all hold the crypto for long time hoping that it will give us profit. But if the coin become dead in this time period the what should we. The we obviously face loss. This is the one reason that some people think that long term holding is bad. I would say it not bad but we should do it according to the market conditions. 

Unfortunately, most people in Crypto only care about the short term gains. They feel long term holding is bad because it deprives them the opportunity to cash in short term.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

If you have a strategy to buy and hold you should only invest an amount you can completely lose. Holding bitcoin and not selling at all looks like a dump move indeed . Still the people that call themselves holders most of them sold at 20000$. Some didn't but these people already made millions from mining Bitcoin in 2010-2011. The price was rising 100% every week those days and one day they were mining and after a few months they were solving their financial problems. They spent a lot of their BTC in 2013 and made millions while holding at least half of what they own. I've watched people calling themselves hodlers since 2013 but they sold in 2017 top, so the term is not proper.

I don't think keeping is the wrong choice or something stupid. People who hold long-term are definitely positive as they maintain their money in bitcoin, and are assured that future bitcoin prices can rise large.

Hello my friend
In my view, maintaining long-term accounts is positive if the market regains its place after recording a significant decline and for a long period of time

2 minutes ago, Goodcoin said:

The only reason some people can think long term holding is bad is because they are ignorance of Crypto.  They do not know what they are saying and they are completely wrong.

They are not. They are trading for short term. They feel comfortable to trade such as scalping or day trading. According to them, short term trading has chance to grab daily points, regular profits, also can close trade with short target and may open positions in another currency. To trade long term require patient. Perhaps many people feels bore and risky. Thats why they are ignoring

This is reality of crypto currency if you earn more profit then you hold these coins for long term benefit and most people do same and earn profit. But according to the trader the holding of crypto currency not good act, the result of this act the prices goes up and monoply generated,

In my position, Document doesn't believe long-lasting presenting is normally damaging as not everybody comes with 100s of hours to make sure you bind right into inspecting charts or possibly currency trading definitely, for that reason the most beautiful opportunity continues as presenting most of the cryptos just for long-lasting profit margins.

Yeah me too I don't agree with that. I honestly believe it's smarter than investing on some ddoubler website cause it's gonna be gone in maybe one week unlike when you hold it'll be safe.

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

One of the reasons for thinking like this is that it has to be held for a long time, and if you have to earn money through it for a long time, it is one of the reasons that holding is absolutely the act of loss that some people think. ABesides, one of the reasons behind thinking of them is that they have to keep these money for a long time without fully working out what kind of money they think is one of the reasons

5 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

They should not be in crypto, crypto need patience, is they don't believe in long term they will be losing

i have been in crypto for 3 years and i still dont believe in holding long term because we cant trust the future of any coin to last many years for me to make profit so i rather take short term trades and profits.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

Only btc holding is profitable and fearless in some terms. But hilding an alt coin is not good. As i have hold some coins which are dumped badly to 5x to 8x. And those are all good potential coins. So ho you could say that its brtter to be hold.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think

Long term hold is applicable if your patient enough to hold a coin and when you got rekt,that's the right way not to lose your funds even though the market crashes than selling at loss.

21 minutes ago, Smiling_assasin said:

Because crypto is uncertain, it gets dump any time, so its risky to invest in it for long term because it doesn't give you the surety of return in the particular set of years, it gives you the profit at anytime.

But bitcoin with these two facts, the limited number of bitcoins and the halving are only proving that bitcoin will always rise in time.

In my opinion, it's not bad for long-term holding, everyone has different plans and time constraints. Many people buy crypto (Bitcoin) at cheap prices and only hold it for the long term or wait for the peak price.