Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Page 15 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

I think those people are only thinking about what money they will get today and what value are the cryptocurrency for today, those wise people who think for long term holding are the wise ones, people are greedy earning and they are not patience enough to wait for the higher price in the future that's why some people think long term holding is bad

Edited by kizz

I am not agree with long term holding  because I think If you have good profit you can't wait for long term.

You should buy again when price drops and sell when price pump.

But If you hold long time and wait bull run I think you can't take maximum profit. 

That's why i always sell any coin or token when price pumping.      

Edited by Sohel Rana
Spelling

2 hours ago, Crypto Najeeb said:

Because many of the crypto users are in a hurry to make a huge profit in less time.like they din in the bull run which came in the year 2017 .we bought a coin than after a day or two it pumped and many of them made a decent amount of profit.so nobody wants to hold for a long time because if the market crashed as it does anytime .

Yes many people is not patience to waiting the price going up.

I think coin now can't give us big profit like before 2017. That is because too many coin created on cryptocurrency.

Also for now token dominated as scam project. That is will make holding coin is like bad idea.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

Long-term holding trading is not something that some people can actually adapt to because the time is too long.  But I think that through long term trading we will get our money right and we will not have any loss in it. We can also learn a lot in the long term trading hold.

Woo, I just talked about this recently - the one who is waiting is sure to achieve success. Since the herd runs and trades a penny, the result of profit is 0. Time and everything will be, who believes in BTC "+"

7 hours ago, duncun007 said:

i have been in crypto for 3 years and i still dont believe in holding long term because we cant trust the future of any coin to last many years for me to make profit so i rather take short term trades and profits.

That is probably the best option to take especially when we have very limited funds and cannot afford to hold our coins until when new ATH is made.  Otherwise holding can become a bore and the whole essence lost to anxiety.

One of the common ways of investing in digital currencies, because it allows you to follow everything that always happens with every cryptocurrency in which you invest money, in addition to the potential effects that you can have on this currency.

5 hours ago, Cryptominded said:

That is probably the best option to take especially when we have very limited funds and cannot afford to hold our coins until when new ATH is made.  Otherwise holding can become a bore and the whole essence lost to anxiety.

yea exactly plus when it comes to holding the next bull run could take over 2 years just like whats happening now and its not wise holding coins this whole time just to make profits.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

Holding of bitcoin and only few coins is better and good for normal profit but if some one holds a normal alt coin than this could be a heavy loss to him. So i suggest only btc holding. Other alts should be traded only but wisely

• +2 1

11 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

You don't trust long term trading. But not for all coins, for three years that you had been in crypto if you would had bought Bitcoin since that time you would be in profit

yea i would have some profits but it will not be better than profits i made from day trading because by day trading you could earn money on a daily basis while bitcoin and altcoins keep fluctuating.

This year I earned 0.03 btc from long trading by holding coin. From my experienced when I holds my btc that hole time, i'm not updated with bitcoin price may be that the reason people is saying long term holding is not good.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:58 AM, cafubrr said:

Seriously the long-term holders are the wise investors and we actually need to develop that type of trading mind set in other to really succeed in cryptocurrency investment. Many have seriously lose opportunities because they sell early than expected but the long term investors has there target and were they really want to be before selling and one of this day they will get there.

Very well said! Many are so aggressive and eager to get profits daily, I noticed many traders when they see one coin crashing they sell it even at loss,their patience are so weak,holding a coin is the safest way and profitable but ofcourse it also depends on the worth of that coin your holding 

Edited by Ms.o

I do not think that long-term holders are "dumb". For me, they are actually patient and persevere. I think they are just waiting for the right moment when bullrun is here. And we don't just say people are dumb because of that reason.

2 hours ago, TubigWater said:

You need huge amount of money here because bitcoin price are very volitle so when bitcoin dump you will not suffer bigger losses 

Big investment big money,but getting the big capital is a problem

Most investment program use long term period for their strategy and hold is not bad at all, that's how investment work. Hold must taken before price reach stop loss or take profit point ( disciplines ) about volatility market they don't care. The player must have vision in long term period also, this is important to decide which coin I should take.

No, they don't develop their thinking.  Many actually lose opportunities because they sell earlier than expected, but long-term investors have targets and they really want to be before selling, I think.

If you see crypto as an asset, it is wise to hold it.

If you want crypto to succeed as a currency, people need to spend it.

• +4 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

On 10/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, toilatoino001 said:

I think the long-term holding of a cryptocurrency is a wise and wise investor. Many people did not know how to hold their cryptocurrencies to sell early, and then received back a heavy loss!

Long term holding sometime give you heavy loss and this is true thats why so many peoples will sell their coins and do not hold it for the long term when they got good profit in the coins then thy sell it immediately and get the profit. Crypto is the best market but no one know the future of it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

55 minutes ago, Park Ha said:

Holding now is still profitable but not in all coin and I think holding reputable coins like ethereum and bitcoin are only good coins to hold

Yes you can earn good profit by just holding your coins. I agree that Bitcoin was good for long term holding but for me Ethereum was good for investment because for me it was profitable than any coin aside from Bitcoin.

23 hours ago, TubigWater said:

You need huge amount of money here because bitcoin price are very volitle so when bitcoin dump you will not suffer bigger losses 

no its actually the opposite mate, when you have bigger portfolio in crypto then you will lose a lot even when bitcoin is down just 2% but you will also make more money when it pumps.

Back in 2009, a person bought 1000 bitcoins. At the end of 2017, he sold them. 8 years - long storage. Did someone call such a man stupid for not trading?

Long term holding is possible of earnjng and gaining big profits but this is only best for those who has an huge amount of money to buy bitcoins or other coins to make abig money but for those who has only have small capital i think this is not beat like fir me

The main reason that some people think long term bad is because the problem of earning long term money is often a problem, so in the long run everyone thinks it's not good.

1 hour ago, Win said:

Long term holding is possible of earnjng and gaining big profits but this is only best for those who has an huge amount of money to buy bitcoins or other coins to make abig money but for those who has only have small capital i think this is not beat like fir me

yea holding can only be good when you buy a coin at the bottom and they try to hold it for a few months as the price of the coin is going up with bull run.