Why some people think long term holding is bad? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
saintelincon

Why some people think long term holding is bad?

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

Both short term and long term have their own advantages and disadvantages. With long term, you may get bigger reward without taking much hassle. On the other hand, with short term, you have to follow a lot of things.

Long term investments are sometimes risky in case of cryptocurrency space, you know a lot of altcoin have disappear and it's possible that your holding will not be existed someday. On the other hand, short term investors can move anywhere since they are updated with the market.

I personally prefer long term holding but of course only the top ranked coin.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 6
  • +2 8
  • +3 5
  • +4 2
  • +5 7

15 minutes ago, saintelincon said:

I saw some people saying that long term holders are dumb because they keep holding on the losses and this is a stupid meme. But i don't agree with that, since we believe btc will grow even more. What do you think?

if you have alot of money, long term is good, especially hold main coin, bitcoin.

why they said like that? it's because they need daily income from trading. we can't control their decision. also, some users maybe still traumatized by volatile coins. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 7
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 3

good or bad depends on the analysis, many investors expect coins in their wallets to rise in price, but in fact the price falls, and they think holding is a bad idea, the mistake is because of hope, not analyzing

• +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +5 3

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

this might depend on what coin you are curently investing in because if you know what you are good to go when to sell and how long you are going to hold it but if you dont know what yoh sre investing and for how long you might reconsider what you are curently investing in

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +5 2

For me, I don't think long term holding is bad because not everybody has a lot of time to dedicate into monitoring charts or trading actively, so their best option remains holding their cryptos for long term profits.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 4
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

Long term hodlers for altcoins is kinda risky. Thats why some consider them dumb. But for bitcoin, that would be a different story. 

As for me, I kinda add some btc to for my long term investments. I also do maintain an equal amount of btc for trading purposes. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Because they think money will vanish on their life. Long holder are pretty sure on what they are doing. They patiently wait for the right moment for their precious earned coins and finally trading them for a higher return. Not bad for patient people. 

• +1 3
  • +2 2

Investment can be a risky. Mostly investors follow others and lose their investment, This is the main reason why people think, long-term investment is risky. If investors use right strategy by analyzing the market trends. Then they might have very less chance of losing. I believe best way for long-term investment is to diversify your investment into short and long term investment.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

Patience and no enough knowledge is one big factor in this. there are may people who can't wait long enough.

They want to keep moving and do buy and sell, but there is coins and tokens that are meant for a long term and a short one. you should distinguish them first. for me both are good. 

The bottom line is that investors are counting on the long term and thereby save time and money, as well as the likelihood of making a good profit in case of a successful investment. Traders, in turn, are more tied to controlling profits at any given time and they are really working to get their profits.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

4 hours ago, saintelincon said:

I'm a long term holder. I buy when the markets are all depressed - like now! And wait for the massive 1000% spikes. You need to train your brain to realize that each and every day the price goes up, you are making money - even if it's not yet showing in your balance - porfolio trackers help with this. Sometimes I have to hold a coin for a year while the price is continually rising, but the rewards are beyond my wildest dreams.

Some people are day traders and that's fine - I personally prefer longer term. I don't spend my time worrying about what other people are saying - let them do what works for them, while I do what works for me.

Edited by williamz902
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 4

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

4 hours ago, saintelincon said:

It really depends, I am a holder and there are coins and situations in which I think the "holding to losses" term will apply ... sometimes when you conclude that there is nothing that could bring that coin back it is better to cut losses and accept it moving forward (there is also the fact that you are missing other better opportunities because your money is stuck)...

but holding something like BTC is always smart... people that talk about cutting losses on this case are just after the quick cash and impacient

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 2

Because this market is very volatile and if we are wise we can make lots of many with every pump and dump that happen and because of that it can be much more profitable than holding for long term

Holding for a long term is never bad specially for bitcoin or ethereum. just need to buy in the right moment ant it's not for all coins of course.but is you hold a coins that go down without any future project,yes it's very bad idea  

• +1 1
  • +5 1

5 hours ago, saintelincon said:

After each big increase of any cryptocurrency there is a price correction.
It is not wrong to keep a currency for a long time, it is just a pity not to take advantage of this mechanism to multiply the currency.

• +1 1
  • +5 2

there is nothing bad if you hold for long term unless you hold a shit coin then that is bad, you can not make profit of it.. If you hold a potential altcoin for long term then for sure you can make profit in the future.

• -1 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

You must always defend your opinion (if you have it of course). I think that if you invested your money in cryptocurrency, then you yourself will choose how long they lie there.

• -3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

6 hours ago, saintelincon said:

To me it all depends on the HODL period. I would want to take a long term hodler to be someone who of course don't know how to trade and decides to hodl for a trading circle which means, you buy at when you believe and see that crypto community are discussing that this is probably the low price range and sell when you believe the price has reached up. 

And of course it can't be said enough that trading is more profitable but this is for those that know how and a way to minimize RISK of lossing by the none traders.

• +3 1
  • +5 2

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

holding it long during a downtrend is a bit misleading, it makes your account decrease daily and feel impatient, but if you are patient enough, you will still get results because the market will go up again.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

DYNAMIC INTEREST RETURN

https://hodium.com/?ref=cnguchi

It happens that some coins become obsolete. First, they perform their function, meet the requirements of the project. But one day they become useless. And it makes no sense to keep them on. With such coins you need to be on your guard, and do not hold longer than their service life. But for this you need to be aware of all the changes associated with this coin.

• +5 1

pxf.jpg

There many uncertainty to hold Altcoin for long term investment (more than a year) except holding Bitcoin. Gold opportunity, the bitcoin price will steady go up in early 2020. and many predictions say that the Bitcoin price will  bullish in 2024. 

• +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

it may be true that long term hold is bad i have many crypto buying with high price now it going to 1 satoshi , 

• -1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 2

2 minutes ago, fimolof said:

it may be true that long term hold is bad i have many crypto buying with high price now it going to 1 satoshi , 

because you probably bought coins without having a proper research on them, not every coin can be good to hold, lots of project will fail in long term you must select good coins with good teams and good reputation

15 hours ago, saintelincon said:

J'ai vu des gens dire que les détenteurs à long terme sont idiots parce qu'ils gardent les pertes et c'est un meme stupide. Mais je ne suis pas d'accord avec cela, car nous pensons que btc va croître encore plus. Qu'est-ce que tu penses?

Holders. long-term idiots! not true it is a strategy for them, but provided you bet on the good piece crypto, those who know how his walk can leave and return in 2020 with a profit that can go even triple!

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 2