Lightning Network user lost $ 30,000 - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
VovaLacoste

Lightning Network user lost $ 30,000

Clearly seen,these all things are happened due to his own faults. Have a look at this , he has tried to stop the transaction by forcibly closing the channel using a multi-day node backup. This sort of  method is only applicable for  many experienced PTS holders, 

This is a huge amount lost by the users and I think the lightning technology is been verified and people are not having such problem this days

I've never had any problem before when using and trying the Lightning Network service and I received all the payments normally and successfully and I think it might have made something wrong with the transmission

Life is great and enjoy it

I don't think that 30 thousand dollars is so big loss for a pretty big project who had such amount of money in cryptocurrency, so it would be worse if one person lost it.

We know that this technology is not controlled by anyone. If we lose money then it's mean we can't get it back. So why he was trying the new methods for such huge amount. It is his mistake. And we should also be careful. 

Own of the poorest looks on the use of Cryptocurrencies as an adjacent finance is especially on the use of having to lost so much in the scope of having to either trade or even having to invest too.,as losing money in Cryptocurrencies have not really being  new phenomenon as we have to safe guard on activity on Cryptocurrencies

• +2 1

There must be a real reason behind this forced closure because the lightning network has a good reputation and will not negatively affect the blockchain technology. In my opinion, the cryptocurrency and the blockchain cannot be judged because of this negative attitude.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/24/2019 at 10:29 PM, VovaLacoste said:

ÐолÑзоваÑÐµÐ»Ñ Lightning Network поÑеÑÑл $30 000

One of the US users of the Lightning Network bitcoin network reported that it had lost 4 MTCs after the forced closure of the payment channel. Such incidents cast doubt on the viability of technology designed to increase the scale and speed up the operation of blockchain networks, experts say.

The affected user said that he decided to stop the transaction by forcibly closing the channel using a multi-day node backup. This method is used by many experienced PTS holders, however, it requires the exact performance of certain actions in order not to lose money.

It can be argued that the user himself is to blame for using technology that is far from ready for mass deployment and intended for micropayments to transfer a large amount of cryptocurrency. On the other hand, the situation raises many pressing issues regarding the effectiveness and security of the Lightning Network in its current form.

Some participants in the discussion of the problem in Reddit believe that backing up "in minutes can lead to channel disruption." Since the network has a dynamic structure, the operation of the channel may be unstable.

Similar situations are also a reminder that new technologies are imperfect. Many operations in blockchain networks do not have a return function. In this case, another owner of the site can send money back or pretend that nothing happened. However, when it comes to more than $ 30,000, you should not experiment with untested solutions.

Many people and youtubers predict before the launching of this that it will be great for the market. But after launching of the lightning network users face many bugs on it's network. And many people lost their big amount on transactions.

Online Free  Master will help you to get all online income sites and methods. Show support to Online Free Master.
Visit site for more : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Download HD latest movies without ads from my channel directly : https://t.me/Movies_Bollywood_Hollywood_Tamil

Thanks for the post. I have heard that this should not be done, namely using a multi-day node backup. This is not a proven method and may fail. I don't know how true it is.

You agree that the risk is higher in this case No one can tell when the network will go in any direction so the victims are more likely to follow it. I have benefited a lot from your information and I think the loss will be less if you do the market analysis yourself without following the network in case of currency introduction.

The lightning network is a cool one and it's very exciting running a lightning node but it is not quite safe for a tech which is still at its early stages of development to perform transactions with it especially involving big bitcoin transactions to prevent unfortunate incident like such.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Lighting network technology basically used in crypto transaction made speedily, I don't think its use so many users but the person who loss 4 bitcoin, its really sad think happens with him but I think he do some mistake, that's why he loss first he use technology in small amount then do  big amount, but finally its crypto market any think happens.

This is of course a very stupid attempt, because losing money like this is not cool at all! It seems that he decided to take a risk, but he counted his strength, too bad... after all, to lose such a sum, he can no longer return it!

• +2 1

It should not be experimented with a large amount, 30,000 a large amount that he lost without reason, any technological technology that contains problems at the beginning of its programming and then the developers solve the problems gradually, but I wonder where the developers of the lightning network reached and did such a problem happen with someone else after that.

• +4 1

What a poor guy. This is makes my feel sad and I am can not blame a guy but it is that he risk with the ligning network when there is not release as a full product but is in developer so far. We are have to know when we are can risk so much money really.

• +1 1

This does not raise any questions about the security of the lightning network. It will be released in the future, right now it is only there for testing and this event proves that the lightning network is not ready for mass adoptiong but only to be used by experienced users.

• Useful or interesting 1

The lightning network is a second layer solution to the bitcoin network but it is still under development and it is always recommended to be used for test only and since somebody doesn't have experience and enough knowledge how it is used it will be better not to risk 30,000 dollars in it.

• +1 1

I expect the lightning network to change everything and increase adoption of Bitcoin rapidly by everybody. But right now it is only for a few very skilled developers to use it and not just for anybody so don't use the lightning network yet. It is not ready.

• +2 1

Mistakes happen and money is lost all the time. In Bitcoin when someone losses it can be considered that lost bitcoins add value to the rest because the 21 million bitcoins that will ever exist will be even less.

There is a possible security flaw in Bitcoin's Lightning Network through a probe and timing attack. Research shows that it is possible to track payments on the Lightning Network and obtain confidential information

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

The lightning network will revolutionize payments worldwide and will be used massively, everybody will have a lightning wallet on their mobile and make most payments through this but if and when it is ready. It is obviously not right now and mistakes like this one shouldn't be happening.

Without experience do you actually test something with risk of losing 30,000 dollars? Unless this person didn't care to read all the news and warnings that the LN is still in test phase.

• +1 1

Unfortunately, Lightning Networks was a fast and affordable solution to the bitcoin expansion problem. However, due to this incident security concerns were raised and the user feels some doubts about this vision.

• +3 1

Guy lost $30,000 because he didn't read that lightning network is still in test and he shouldn't test it with so much money. I wouldn't hold so much in crypto either unless I was a milionaire so hopefully he didn't lose all his money too.

• +3 1

What a poor guy, made me sad to learn this and now there is no way to get his bitcoin back, he just lost them forever in the lightning network. This was so sad to learn and I hope that nobody else makes the same mistake.

• +1 1