Advice To Avoid Getting Scammed - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Cammer

Advice To Avoid Getting Scammed

14 hours ago, Reostra77 said:

You should separate emails for wallet, exchange and airdrop / bounty to keep the wallet you use safe

While email for wallets, for privacy, I will suggest people not to use wallets that require email. But for airdrops, device that has no your wallet or exchange should be used. 

@Cammer thank you for your help you are surely right we don't have to give our emails to untrusted sites in other to register. They need our details they try to get our emails and password to get what they want by logging other sites if ever you have participated in them.

The best way in my view is that you use a backup email in cases that warrant registration on untrusted sites and that may pose a threat to your e-mail and that contains your original money I think we should be very careful

• +1 1

Yes you are right and also I made this error, but then all unknown messages I report them as a phishing messages, also you can use the configuration of filter on your email account, buy selecting the emails to be deleted.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

On 6/11/2020 at 1:27 AM, Qazi said:

Your topic looks like you will giving us info about scammers , getting fake and spam emails are not risky for the people. i am telling the people to stay safe for investment , just invest in real site like you can invest in yobit exchange for real profit and no chance of loss.

Who told you that there is no chance of loss in Yobit platform? You can actually lose money in the Dice game or when your trades or predictions fail.

Yes, this is correct. You should not use your primary email address and password, and they must be changed when you register in new and less well-known sites.

This is one of the mistake many people do and might get scammed through it, most sites which are kind of unknown might require our email and when we put our email there might sell our information to hackers and this can be very harmful to us.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

This is true because my e-mail was previously compromised and some of my money was stolen. To avoid this, a new account must be used that is not linked to any of the banks and platforms where you have money.

This is true, you should not put your email in any location that is not secure because many hackers are trying to steal your personal data in order to use it theft, try to secure your email with the utmost protection, such as linking it to the phone number

Scammers is everywhere. Keep vigilant in every website that gives "too good to be true" offers that very tempting. If you're not so sure, yes don't use your original email or better not to try it. You might get scam. Prevention is better than cute. 

• +4 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 6/10/2020 at 2:01 PM, BitcryptoHan said:

I will suggest people not to use wallets that require email

Well, i think all of the online wallets as of now are now requiring to send a email/gmail address and this is serves as a back up for recovery some passwords etc. And i think there's nothing wrong with that.

On 5/24/2020 at 2:56 PM, Cammer said:

Hello dear members!

Let me give you a piece of advice. Do not put your main email address in weird or non-trusted websites because your email address can be compromised to spammers and you will get a lot of spam emails.

That's right. I put my email in several strange websites and started getting a lot of spam messages.
I also receive messages from anonymous confiscation and appear to be fraudulent, so I canceled my subscription to these sites.

thank you for this helpful topic my friend. I am a beginner here so i don't know that much what is happening here i do only posting but i don't have an idea when someone asking for your email to post but seeing this topic makes me aware that i would not post my email in public or in non-trusted websites.

• +4 1

BetFury                                                   

That's true, our Gmail is one of the other ways of scammers to scam people,t ey tend to give a link to a person and then you will redirect from websites if the person did not recognize that it is a fake website then he might log in his or her information and that information can be used by many scammers.

Yes bro this is one of the basics but must important thing to do.We should create a email address specially for such sites like AirDrop and if we use primary email sure we will get huge number of emails which will be difficult to manage even.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Yes, you should avoid using a unified email for all sites to avoid fraud.

Add to that a very important note for beginners. Avoid every person trying to communicate privately with you or pretend to help you, as I fell into this trap at the beginning of my job.

• +1 1

Simply I invite beginners to work hard and rely on themselves to achieve profits and stay away from all that is free or easy because it is simply a scam and nothing we get without gratitude,
Lack of confidence in people, never sharing private information with them, and trying to get away from the new applications that are linked to their accounts on the platforms because they are vulnerable to piracy, if not mainly scam.

We need to be careful with the type of project we join this days because by clicking on an unknown link scammers do get some of our private information from there and they use it against us, so let us avoid trusting such people as they can be a harm to us and our funds.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

good advice

Beware of sending an email to strangers

There they send your email to people to get the money you should beware of too

On 5/24/2020 at 5:56 PM, Cammer said:

Hello dear members!

Let me give you a piece of advice. Do not put your main email address in weird or non-trusted websites because your email address can be compromised to spammers and you will get a lot of spam emails.

My advice to you before sign in a site just take research about the site because it can be scam or just new one for cheat us.. Yah its sure that they will make you greedy by different offer but if you fall down on their trick then be sure you will be scammed...again remember it,no one will give you free money so be careful about it..best of luck❤       

On 6/30/2020 at 10:16 PM, Captain Karim said:

That's right. I put my email in several strange websites and started getting a lot of spam messages.
I also receive messages from anonymous confiscation and appear to be fraudulent, so I canceled my subscription to these sites.

Well, i also experience this kind of problem mate, i have a lot of dummy accounts in email/gmail and there's a lot of spam messages and most of them are the Africans who are always active for this kind of scamming, i will suggest to just ignored it to avoid being scammed.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

That right, that is why having multiple emails are important because you have different transactions online and you should have different purposes for every email you have. Use different email whenever you are going to try unsecured websites.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

That is true friend, we should avoid sharing our personal information through social networks or websites with people which we don't trust I think it will protect us from scammer 

By protect your personal information is not enough to avoid scammer because scammer use much trick than you thought.. They will always make YOU greedy by different offer... Suppos, scammer will open a new   wallet   then they will advertising that if you sign up here then you will received 20usd of eth but actually its just a trick to get your personal information.. Hope you get           

• +1 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:11 PM, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, i think all of the online wallets as of now are now requiring to send a email/gmail address and this is serves as a back up for recovery some passwords etc. And i think there's nothing wrong with that.

Yes mate, almost all wallets are need gmail especially for verification and security. Maybe using some spare emails not your real account is better if the user don't want to trust on that wallets or sites for security purposes. To avoid getting hacked or scams. 

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

To avoid fallen as a victim of scammers, just as you know security at any where is given utmost priority, then same should be apply here you have to be security cautious, vigilant and watchful. Never ever disclose your confidential details to strangers it meant for you and you alone.

• +1 1