How to enable 2FA on a crypto exchange. - Page 4 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dimi_00

How to enable 2FA on a crypto exchange.

you should always enable 2 factor authentication when dealing with sensitive information or money, it's a lot more secure

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

It is essential that 2FA is enabled in all of your accounts that you use in order to provide maximum protection and avoid losing your currency or money.

Life is great and enjoy it

This is the best security system until now  but it's dangerous at the same time ! because if you make factory rest for your phone you will lose the Gauth app and it's hard to restore the codes 

This is a very good helpful topic because with this guidelines I can be able to increase the security of my account well so that scammers, frauders and hackers cannot easily get access to my account but the 2FA codes have to be stored very well so that no one can get it.

• +1 1

On 2/15/2020 at 2:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

2FA means two-factor authentication. It is used in addition to a password to protect a user account from thieves.

I agree with all you wrote step by step easy to understand thank you for sharing the wonderful post we all may find it useful and many newbies here.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:59 PM, AmjadBydn said:

This is the best security system until now  but it's dangerous at the same time ! because if you make factory rest for your phone you will lose the Gauth app and it's hard to restore the codes 

That is not a lie, it is strongly recommended, only your device with authenticator will have access to your enabled wallet or enabled exchanges. It is safe against scammers and hackers to an extent. But while using it, we should also be careful of malware. 

On 2/15/2020 at 3:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

2FA means two-factor authentication. It is used in addition to a password to protect a user account from thieves.

It is important to enable 2FA in any exchange you use including yobit.net, so that someone who steals your password will not be able to login to your account and steal your coins.

To do this, 

First download an authenticator app e.g Google authenticator, Last Pass, Authy or any other authenticator app you wish on playstore or apple store.

For desktop, you can download winauth for Windows.

Or you can do a Google search for an authenticator you like.

Next, login to the exchange. From the drop-down menu:

1. Go to settings

2. Look for "Enable 2FA" and click.

3. You will be given a code

4. Make sure to write out the code in paper and KEEP in a safe place.

5. Next, open your authenticator and carefully type in your code, then save it.

6. Once saved, the authenticator will give you a 6-digit code.

7. Copy that code and paste into your exchange, then click "Enable".

8. The exchange will enable 2FA on your account. Henceforth, anytime you wish to login, the exchange will ask for a 6-digit code. Open your authenticator to get the code.

9. This code will serve as a "second password" to login to your account.

Note: in some exchanges, it will be: "Settings" — "Account Security" — "Enable 2FA".

In that order.

Does this method only serve to increase the security of my account on the trading platform, or does it have other benefits that I do not know?
Are you using this method? I don’t use it yet.

This feature is considered the highest degree of security and the account can only be opened through the code that accesses the device used Its danger lies in the person forgetting to deactivate it when the device is exposed to damage and the user is forced to replace it and does not deactivate it and there the account is lost most of the time.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

this step really gives more security to the account as you said but it is also not good to those who don't keep the code they wrote on the paper safe , if you lose the code you won't be able to recover your account in case you lost your device

• +1 1

Frankly, I don't know the 2FA app, but if what you say is correct, then I agree with you, the 2FA app should be added to the Yobit exchange because it provides security, especially for new users, so that our cryptocurrencies are not hacked and stolen.

Thank you for mention this steps because they are very important for us when we need to protect our money in exchanges. But we are lucky because other exchanges are enabling 2FA automatically. 

• +1 1

Thanks for this wonderful tutorial. It is imperative to enhance our security with 2fa as it will save us from big trouble. Perhaps now beginners in this field do not understand the dangers and the risk of owning cryptocurrencies but once they have good money invested it will be needed.

2fa is extremely important for the security of our funds as to avoid anyone that can hack and have access in our systems from taking control of our online accounts easily. We must use 2fa everywhere and always have a backup key too when we activate it in case we need to change devices.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Thanks for share this nice information becuase when i first enabled the 2fa security system i had lose my account.. I Didn't safe the key of security.. So when i going to open my Account firstly they asked from me 2fa security system code but i was unable to give the code.. So i had lose my account.. My advice to all be careful about it..                         

• +1 1

Enabling 2FA is easy you have to give your phone number and set the authentication and whenever you try to login you have to put the code in the number you have added or instead of number we can use gmail too.

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

2FA is very important thing we should consider when doing online transaction, exchange, trading, investing and all about money. Adding security to our account is one thing we should consider all the time when money is involved. 

• +1 2
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

Im always use 2fa because we have to protect our fund from dangers and stealing. It is important to backup too and write all the information we are given and be able to recover if our device is damaged.

This is a helping post and it may need to be pinned in the forum as tutorial because everyone must activate 2fa in any case they forgot. All websites are secure from hacking this way.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Thank you for all the details and analytic tutorial you created on how to use 2fa. We need to remember to always use 2fa and have our cryptocurrencies secure in the platforms as exchanges and wallets we use. It does not take time either and it is an easy and fast procedure. Only takes a few secods to open the authenticator and input the six digits.

• Useful or interesting 1

If you love your work , make sure that you are putting up perfect security to your work and in the end you are going to enjoy a lot of work we really have to make sure that we are able to value what we are doing and in the end it is going to be perfect for us in every case that we work with

• +5 1

21 hours ago, Suparna said:

I don't know much about the subject you mentioned here. So I can't give you any proper comment on this. But I think if it is possible, it would be a good one for a cryptotalk

2FA means two factor authenticator, it is used to protect exchanges, or wallet in a way that your account can only be access through your 2FA enabled device. Even if hackers takes over your login details, they will not be able to still access your account is they did not take over the 2FA app. 

The two-factor authenticator is a good fearture that everyone needs to activate in any account they may have in any site they have funds because this will help your account to me more secured and hackers will hardly go through it to steal from you, so kindly activate it especially in your yobit account to make it more stronger.

• +2 1

The world is filled up with cheaters and since they don't have the fear of there creator they tend to scam or hack people accounts which is not good for us at all. In order to avoid losing your funds to hackers it is better you always enable the 2factor authenticator to enable you secure your account and also use strong password in such a way that even the hackers won't login into your account.

BetFury                                                   

2fa is a standard and what we must all be using to be safe with our password. SMS verification is not very secure because of the attacks with sim swapping so it is better to use 2fa with google or authy authenticator

Thank you for this I am glad it is the first post I read because I register now and yobit asked me to activate this 2fa but I thought it was hard and you make this easy with the direction you give in this post.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, HodlKiddo said:

2FA must be a norm for a more secured online accounts.

I agree if you enable the 2FA on another computer or phone.  Of you enable the 2FA on the same computer or phone you  use to operate you exchange, hackers can still know the code and login into your account. Many people twitter accounts were hacked this way recently.