How to enable 2FA on a crypto exchange. - Page 3 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Dimi_00

How to enable 2FA on a crypto exchange.

Thanks for your topic and also if any one lost the key or the Paracord then you can just remove the feature from the same system that you enable 2FA and recreate new one and save the key.

The 2FA protection system can be activated on any platform by going to Settings and after that protection you choose to activate 2FA

THINK POSITIVE

You share very  good  information  to all of us. It is a proper  method of  2fa  from our exchanges.  I will activate  2fa on my yobit account  very soon.

Thank you for this detailed explanation of how to enable 2FA, and I believe that enabling 2FA for accounts especially in platforms is important in order to protect your account from hackers and thieves who are trying to steal your money

Thanks friend for the info, but i think not all sites which supports 2FA verification. There are other sites which are only using OTP verification because they use mobile number to register in their sites and others are using KYC.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 2/15/2020 at 9:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

2FA means two-factor authentication. It is used in addition to a password to protect a user account from thieves.

It is important to enable 2FA in any exchange you use including yobit.net, so that someone who steals your password will not be able to login to your account and steal your coins.

To do this, 

First download an authenticator app e.g Google authenticator, Last Pass, Authy or any other authenticator app you wish on playstore or apple store.

For desktop, you can download winauth for Windows.

Or you can do a Google search for an authenticator you like.

Next, login to the exchange. From the drop-down menu:

1. Go to settings

2. Look for "Enable 2FA" and click.

3. You will be given a code

4. Make sure to write out the code in paper and KEEP in a safe place.

5. Next, open your authenticator and carefully type in your code, then save it.

6. Once saved, the authenticator will give you a 6-digit code.

7. Copy that code and paste into your exchange, then click "Enable".

8. The exchange will enable 2FA on your account. Henceforth, anytime you wish to login, the exchange will ask for a 6-digit code. Open your authenticator to get the code.

9. This code will serve as a "second password" to login to your account.

Note: in some exchanges, it will be: "Settings" — "Account Security" — "Enable 2FA".

In that order.

Thanks for sharing this information. Now i know what is 2FA, i'll try to do it soon because i think this 2FA can help me to protect my account which mean i can make my account more secure than before. 

To everyone keeping or holding some cryptocurrency, the 2FA is very necessary although there is no problem if one doesn't use it but it is good because it provides more security. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Thanks for the guide. This is very helpful for newbies. 2fa is highly advisable this will make us more secured and safe from hacker's attack. We should apply this in all of our accounts especially with money involved.

Thanks for sharing this useful information with us. It will help us to improve our security on our crypto exchange. 2FA is best one to safe our balance. 

Two factor is necessary for tight security of our accounts and funds if if not used two factors on exchanges account then this is not better for us. We can set our two factors from the settings of our accounts on any crypto currency exchange or wallets. 

2FA security is highly recommended in the crypto world in order to be safe from the scammers.You know scammers are very active nowadays and if they able to crack the system, they might steal our funds so we can enable 2fa security to put extra layers by using google authenticator app. 

Thank you my friend for sharing this information really that this system is good and increases the level of safety and we must activate it to protect our accounts from thieves and can be activated with ease so we are working to increase the security of our accounts especially after the percentage of thieves and hackers increased

On 2/15/2020 at 10:07 AM, Dimi_00 said:

2FA means two-factor authentication. It is used in addition to a password to protect a user account from thieves.

It is important to enable 2FA in any exchange you use including yobit.net, so that someone who steals your password will not be able to login to your account and steal your coins.

To do this, 

First download an authenticator app e.g Google authenticator, Last Pass, Authy or any other authenticator app you wish on playstore or apple store.

1. Go to settings

8. The exchange will enable 2FA on your account. Henceforth, anytime you wish to login, the exchange will ask for a 6-digit code. Open your authenticator to get the code.

Note: in some exchanges, it will be: "Settings" — "Account Security" — "Enable 2FA".

In that order.

Yeah i think its easy to activate 2fa all we need is the app, and scan the qr code or inter the code. 

On 2/15/2020 at 4:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

To do this, 

1. Go to settings

In that order.

But I want to ask, is there have any alternative of backup the auntheticator account? So thats I can have access to my exchange account if I've I've lost the secret authentication keys!.

2FA is very important, it will help protect user accounts. Any breach will be difficult. All my security is activated to keep safe. Many people who do not activate 2FA may be that they do not know how or do not see the importance. but I recommend anyone using 2-factor authentication.

2FA is the safest firewall to protect us from the scammers. Almost all the exchange site uses this two factor authentication formula to keep us safe from any of the hackers.  It is also activated on Yobit and this forum also gives us the opportunity to keep ourselves safe from any kinds of phishing. So you can do that easily by enabling it and doing as the above post says. 

Two-factor authentication is essential if you want additional security to your assets. Exchanges are more vulnerable than wallets and there always the risk of losing your assets. So it is wise to enable 2fa and your transactions will require the 6 digit code from google authenticator to proceed.

468x60-3.png

thanks a lot this information can be really useful for new members in crypto world. please write your key and save it because if you lose  authenticator app a lot of exchanges ask you kyc for resetting 2fa.

Thanks for giving this update in this campaign it's really very required for all the members to enable it for your security purpose because this will  going to help you a lot to secure your account from malware and hackers also you have given all the important points and step-by-step to go on the setting and enable it I think everyone can easily relate to it and they will do it.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dimi_00 said:

To do this, 

1. Go to settings

In that order.

Many begginers don't know how to enable 2FA security on any account. I think this post will help them. I want to share best 2FA security app is Authy. Because it backup up all 2FA codes which is not in google authenticator.

• +5 1

Online Free  Master will help you to get all online income sites and methods. Show support to Online Free Master.
Visit site for more : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Download HD latest movies without ads from my channel directly : https://t.me/Movies_Bollywood_Hollywood_Tamil

20 hours ago, Rahul11 said:

Many begginers don't know how to enable 2FA security on any account. I think this post will help them. I want to share best 2FA security app is Authy. Because it backup up all 2FA codes which is not in google authenticator.

But what about exchanges that only support google authentication, example is yobit or can use others like authy, andOTP and microsoft authentication. 

Thanks my dear friend for sharing the information and process to enable 2fa it will help all the users to give an extra protection to their accounts and will able to avoid hacking of their password and balances authentication is very important for the exchange users. 

This topic is new to me. Maybe you are very new to me. I don't know anything about it yet but I think this topic is very useful to us.

In some exchanges, it will be under security, this all depends on the design of the platform. You make a good step for this, it will have more people to have their account secured from scammers

• +2 1

What I know about the 2FA is that you download a program from the Google Play Store. This program belongs to Google.
After downloading the application, you must log in to your Google account,
And then scan the code on the sites that need to 2FA .