Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet? - Page 10 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet?

If I personally even sold a co-worker a certain amount of bitcoin that he was interested in, the transacción was simple, it was a cold wallet called paper where he has his private Chaves
A big greeting to the whole community

Edited by cryptoman22

On 12/6/2019 at 1:21 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

I start this topic with a question:

Is internet the only place to sell or convert cryptocurrency to fiat? I know internet is the simplest way for selling crypto but it is not safe. How can you trust the unknown person behind another computer in an unknown area that you want to send crypto to him/her?

I think we can sometimes buy our cryptocurrencies by visiting the buyer in person especially when the amount of coins we want to sell is high and we don't want to risk sending the money to a scammer.

You can buy a cold wallet like Ledger and store your cryptocurrency in it. Then you can make an appointment with the buyer and visit him/her in person. You give him/her your Ledger along with other necessary information about your wallet such as private key and recovery phrase. The buyer will pay you in cash for your cryptocurrency + Ledger.

When you sold your Ledger and your coins, you will buy a new Ledger and create a new wallet for yourself.

I think this method is not only good to avoid scammers but also useful when we have no access to any internet or electricity.

I believe P2P trading now is alive and doing well,  Because it was guaranteed with the exchange that offering that service and I frequently use it to "buy and sell" crypto using my own local fiat currency without fee! And it was safe that's why you don't need to worry about the unknown person that you have transacted behind the Internet or the computer. It's no need to used expensive ledger or hardware wallet and whatsoever  because the both of you can arrange what kind of payment do you both agree that's why it less hassle, that's why P2P trading is the best way to Buy and Sell cryptocurrency for local fiat currency in a most convenient way. 

Edited by Masterrex

I haven't seen anyone because I don't know anyone near me who uses cryptocurrency. Also I just joined the crypto world last week. I think if that kind of transaction happen, they can easily earn trust because we know what they look like or their identity because we can have a physical contact with them.

On 10/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, smil113 said:

Yes, sure

In Ukraine it's a normal practice to buy and sell crypto for fiat

That's not quite legal (I mean it's not prohibited, but you won't get a cheque for that))

That's a peer to peer deal with fiat 

I didn't mean buying and selling through an online platform. I mean people who exchange their coins by visiting each other in person. They can set a date and meet each other near a bitcoin ATM. They can write their addresses on paper and using the ATM, one of them can sell his coins and the other will receive the equivalent in his bank account. I have not tried this method myself because there is no ATM in my area but I'm curious to know if it is possible to buy and sell crypto like this because when you see someone physically, there is less cheating.

If you find a site in online which gives this service you can sell them trusted or by a mediator. Once i tried by a mediator and i was succeed. 

This is something happening. Some big wallets trade outside of exchanges in otc markets but there are more that trade in p2p exchanges and some even trade to other people in person arranging meeting and transfering the bitcoin for cash. 

good proposition, but we are in this time every problem have a solution, if we have a problem with electricity or connexion we can find more solution, ledger is one of the safest wallet and we can use it to protect our crypto, personaly i'm change my coins to local cash on trusted site, and i changed many time without any problem.

• +3 1

7 minutes ago, benalmoh88 said:

good proposition, but we are in this time every problem have a solution, if we have a problem with electricity or connexion we can find more solution, ledger is one of the safest wallet and we can use it to protect our crypto, personaly i'm change my coins to local cash on trusted site, and i changed many time without any problem.

@benalmoh88  Yes, you are right, there are reliable sites that convert cryptocurrencies into the local currencies of your country, I think it is very easy.

• +2 1

I think it is possible but sometimes you are go to the fraudy peoples and they scam your money. So be careful and if you have proper and trusted then you can sell it and caught a fiat currency. 

No doubt my fo this more and now actually it is business for him.

• +1 2

On 12/6/2019 at 3:51 AM, fuer44 said:

How can? can never be. even though the item purchased is not on the internet, to access the crypto wallet, it needs internet. then crypto transactions must indeed require the internet.

Yes there are a lot of people who are selling their crypto assets on the local dealers and getting the Fait currency in exchange. the exchangers will get good profit on exchanging and selling of cryptos.

• +1 1

Youtube ChannelSocial media Assets, Websites and Plugins are available in a very reasonable price 😇 TALK Token is also acceptable.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Is internet the only place to sell or convert cryptocurrency to fiat? I know internet is the simplest way for selling crypto but it is not safe. How can you trust the unknown person behind another computer in an unknown area that you want to send crypto to him/her?

I think we can sometimes buy our cryptocurrencies by visiting the buyer in person especially when the amount of coins we want to sell is high and we don't want to risk sending the money to a scammer.

You can buy a cold wallet like Ledger and store your cryptocurrency in it. Then you can make an appointment with the buyer and visit him/her in person. You give him/her your Ledger along with other necessary information about your wallet such as private key and recovery phrase. The buyer will pay you in cash for your cryptocurrency + Ledger.

When you sold your Ledger and your coins, you will buy a new Ledger and create a new wallet for yourself.

I think this method is not only good to avoid scammers but also useful when we have no access to any internet or electricity.

Thats why there have platforms to sell your cryptocurrencies to another person and when you are doing this trade the platform will be keeping your finds to escrow, so that till the seller confirm thats already got payment there is where the escrow will be released. 

• +1 1

There are now BTC ATM Machines thru out the world; in train stations, airports, shopping centers, in normal shops, internet cafes & other places. At those ATM Machines, you can exchange your BTC & other coins for cash. I am not exactly sure how the withdrawal works, I have only used BTC ATM Machines to buy BTC. But a quick Google search should give you the answer, on how to withdraw BTC from an ATM Machine. I do know that here in Spain, there is a limit of 1,000 Euros per transaction ( buying / selling ). But you can do multiple transaction thou. I imagine different countries have different limits, regarding transactions.

Hope that helps.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

Yes I have even see the people selling fiat to get local currency on whats app and on facebook. It is amazing that there are other ways to exchange without using the real exchanges.

I am going to do this also because I know for a fact that after getting profit from crypto currency, I would be in need to use it for my own expense for living. This is typical to most of the people around here since they are doing crypto currency so they would be able to have some assets they could convert to fiat currency as their legal tender in their country. In that way, they would be able to use their earned crypto currency asset for their own good in the physical world spending for their needs to live their life.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I've never seen anything like it. I think crypto trading should use the internet, we can trade on exchanges because it is more secure and we don't have to bother looking for someone to buy crypto that we have. Using exchanges is more efficient and doesn't make cryptocurrency easier for us to transact? If we want to transact offline, of course in my opinion it is a waste of time. It is incompatible with the principle of cryptocurrency as a digital and technological asset.

• +1 2

On 12/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Well my friend I have never seen any body selling their cryptocurrency to get fiat money with out the use of internet before. It kinder difficult sell your cryptocurrency without the use of internet, except may be their are other ways but I know how.

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, I saw people selling their cryptocurrencies to obtain paper money, and there are reliable sites and people that can be dealt with, and this is the best way to deal with a trustworthy broker that we know and who knows how to manage matters of buying and selling currencies and use it in our transactions.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

20 hours ago, Husnyjaf said:

Well my friend I have never seen any body selling their cryptocurrency to get fiat money with out the use of internet before. It kinder difficult sell your cryptocurrency without the use of internet, except may be their are other ways but I know how.

I also have not seen that happen, I never see where people exchange cryptocurrency without the use of internet, it kinda weird though,but different things happen in the world we are now, so expect anything 

22 minutes ago, Jaafar Fahad Hassan said:

I also have not seen that happen, I never see where people exchange cryptocurrency without the use of internet, it kinda weird though,but different things happen in the world we are now, so expect anything 

Yeah mate a lots of things may be happening that we dont have any idea of. When I saw the question I was like how can a person make transactions on cryptocurrency without the use of internet. Well who knows may be its possible.

There are a lot of exchange nowadays, you could choose one if you want to sell/buy cryptocurrency, but I prefer Yobit since all of my income here will go to Yobit, so it would be convenient if I made a buy and sell in Yobit. You could also choose any exchange if you want, but you should be careful in choosing, I would recommend to choose the famous one like Binance.

I am not seen this way you were describe my dear, it will be very difficult in my opinion as it will need to have faith the other person won't scam and sell you an empty wallet for real money. It is need to be on the blockchain the transaction as I am think.

• +1 1

Yes there are many people who sell their cryptocurrency directly outside internet. I mean that they need internet to transfer crypto but they take fiat money by cash thorugh it.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

Yes you are right and I also think as you are taking. And i know some people who buy and sell BTC stoshi. This is good for me amd trusted for me to give my coin amd get money.

I have a friend close to the community where I live when I want to sell some Cryptocurrencies I go to his house and we do the whole process I send my Cryptocurrencies through my phone to his wallet and he rectifies it on his computer and gives me the cash I think the safest way that there is to sell my Cryptocurrencies 

• +1 1