Arrested by the US Authorities Arrest For Teaching Cryptocurrency - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Arrested by the US Authorities Arrest For Teaching Cryptocurrency

On 12/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I was juts reading Forbes news and I found this news about a guy called Virgil Griffith, who was arrested for teaching about cryptocurrency.

Man! I thought The US had accepted crypto in 2018 at least that is what i was told, then what is this?

According to the aritxcle maybe The US has not fully accepted crypto juts like China. you can read more at https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2019/11/29/us-authorities-arrest-virgil-griffith-for-teaching-cryptocurrency-and-blockchain/#db602d042cba

UPDATE;

The man was arrested for teaching crypto in north Korea, But he was arrested by the US authorities, brings another question, why would they arrest him, I mean he had no permit to travel there and do all that but still.

Well, that's the sad reality, bro. Although they accept crypto, they are still have doubts about it. And I think the guy has also committed wrong move. He teaches crypto in north korea even though he is a US citizen. I think that is illegal because north korea and US are not in good terms, right? So they arrested the guy because he committed a serious violation.

• +5 1

There are some problems with accepting cryptocurrency in the US. You can see in the last situation with Telegram Open Network, which was restricted recently 

• Useful or interesting 1

Even the countries are not starting cryptocurrencies and block chain technology due to anonymous character which will increase more illegal activities. The main fear of the government is that it can destroy the whole political system because it is so transparent. 

If this news is true, it is unfortunate for crypto users, especially in the United States of America. Maybe this person was arrested because he taught cryptocurrency in a country like North Korea in violation of the law

• +2 1
  • +4 1

that's very bad news cryptocurrency is a very good thing it's future is very bright but i don't know most of the country are not legalising it but there are some country which are crypto friendly like Japan Malta etc.

• +3 1

11 hours ago, CryptoLover21 said:

due to anonymous character which will increase more illegal activities

This is totally true mate, this is the reason why many countries are not accepting cryptocurrency because they know that they cannot control their citizens for using cryptocurrencies in any activities.

• +3 1

If this news is genuine then very sad news for investors and trainer's of crypto market because I noticed much channel on YouTube which provides us training facility and got their fee against their services but if USA arrested trainer's then now people's got fear of it. 

• +2 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, TimopheyKa said:

😥
Hmm, well, things happen , and somehow he didn't sell it anonymously. Weird. Maybe he broke some rules on the sale of the cryptocurrency which is prohibited by law? I don't know, it's not cool

Of course if we are using cryptocurrencies this the countries which crypto is prohibited, we should sell and buy crypto anonymously, otherwise we will get into the trouble. 

• +4 1

Teaching cryptocurrencies is mkt het legalized in USA, to teach about it is not allowed. 

On 5/26/2020 at 5:35 PM, Soaib khan said:

that's very bad news cryptocurrency is a very good thing it's future is very bright but i don't know most of the country are not legalising it but there are some country which are crypto friendly like Japan Malta etc.

You are not wrong, cryptocurrencies are good and a way to earn it done profitably, but if the teaching is not legal,used does not mean cryptocurrencies ate not recognized in the country. 

• +2 1

On 11/30/2019 at 6:39 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

You should read the news carefully and completely. The person in question was not in fact arrested for cryptocurrency teaching. He was arrested because he had traveled to North Korea without permission from federal government. US considers North Korea as its adversary and they think Virgil wanted to help Korea evading sanctions by using cryptocurrency.

They think Virgil's teaching about crypto and blockchain will help to increase funding for Korea and they use it to build more nuclear weapons.

This is what I read in the news. If he had taught about cryptocurrency in US, he would never be arrested.

There are lots of academic courses about blockchain in US which means it is legal to teach about this technology.

Yes you are right  dear friend, I think he wasn't just arrested for teaching about cryptocurrencies, because the US has accepted cryptocurrencies and there is no law restricting people for teaching about cryptocurrencies, the guy was arrested for breaking the rules of traveling without permission.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/30/2019 at 6:16 PM, duncun007 said:

i dont know what went wrong or the story behind that arrest but the US doesnt ban bitcoin but they have strong position when it comes to ICO because a lot of Americans lost money in scam projects.

I think there is one of two reasons for this arrest:

• Either they were using cryptocurrencies to buy illegal materials
  • Or they were trying to steal money with fraud projects
  • +3 1

On 30.11.2019 at 19:52, teminalibug said:

I was juts reading Forbes news and I found this news about a guy called Virgil Griffith, who was arrested for teaching about cryptocurrency.

Man! I thought The US had accepted crypto in 2018 at least that is what i was told, then what is this?

According to the aritxcle maybe The US has not fully accepted crypto juts like China. you can read more at https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2019/11/29/us-authorities-arrest-virgil-griffith-for-teaching-cryptocurrency-and-blockchain/#db602d042cba

UPDATE;

The man was arrested for teaching crypto in north Korea, But he was arrested by the US authorities, brings another question, why would they arrest him, I mean he had no permit to travel there and do all that but still.

Maybe he was teaching some illegal schemes using crypto? Don't think they would have random guys arrested for nothing. Dont u think?

Yes. I guess the same. Maybe he broke US rules so they had to find him. But still, very strange that they found him like that. In Korea. Anyway you have to keep being anonymous. 

• +1 1

If USA has accepted the cryptocurrencies so why it is doing like that. I was thinking that there should be separate subject for the block chain

When I'm search the #bitcoin on Facebook the result always say that it is against their community standards. I don't think if they only do this to prevent the hackers to see any BTC related stuff that might use them to hack an account or they just don't want any BTC related topic. I hope everyone will acknowledge BTC now and other crypto as it is a lot of potentials and we will benefit hugely from it.

I also think so that USA have fully accepted crypto currencies and they are supporting it to grow it well. Mostly investors in crypto currencies is from china and USA. I think he might be arrested for another reason. 

He was teaching how to avoid detection using cryptocurrencies to a country the usa considers an enemy. I don't have a lot of knowledge on politics but there is propaganda and there is also problems in the relations of some countries with North Korea so this arrest is justified by the usa government. I don't know if it is legal or not or if this is the right thing to do. This is for others to judge but it was not just a simple teaching of cryptocurrencies as you say.

• +2 1

They had informed Virgil to avoid visiting North Korea but he did anyway. It is logical to see this if you understand geopolitics. The USA are even accusing Assagne as a traitor while he isn't even US citizen and have him arrested now with reasons of sharing government sensitive and classified information. Of course somebody that visits north Korea when he is told not to, will be arrested.

Teaching crypto in North Korea. Nothing suspicious here. Friend really you are not talking to 10 year old. There is a lot of wrong even by saying this. North Koreans have famous hacking group Lazarous Group. You really think they didn't know shit about crypto and this guy just visited to give them a heads up how to open a wallet and withdraw to their bank? Please.

• +1 1

Thank you very much dear friend for keeping us informed about news with events related to cryptocurrencies for me very interesting but of course the United States will have its laws on cryptocurrencies I do not know but it is interesting to know news like the one that exposes us partner
Good luck and big winnings for the whole community
A big greeting

I don't know what you read but I read that he instructed how to use some cryptocurrencies to hide tracks from transcactions and tthe relations between these countries are at a very low level as there was war decades earlier that marked the separation of Korea into two different systems.

• +1 1

There is a lot more than that and I haven't read this forbes article but I am sure it covers way more than what you describe as teaching. This is bad to bring half the information in a post and take sides into something that is controversial. How would you like if a person from your country went and helped an enemy country when they are threatening each other of nuclear bombing.

• +2 1

It is bad to arrest a person for just trying to teach others the ways of crypto. He is not do anything wrong and I am think this was very unfair to be arrest and be put to trial. I am think that this guy did something wonderful that we are all have to remember and try to help the person with our voice.

• +1 1

I don't know mate. You seem to play down a lot the fact that he left the USA and visited North Korea to teach cryptocurrency there! Lol. I mean really you do not see a big difference from teaching cryptocurrency anywhere else but there?

On 11/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, teminalibug said:

I don't know! I understand you completely! Who could they! The poor developer visited North Korea to teach kids how to operate cryptocurrencies. He wanted only to help the poor people of North Korea and maybe he showed them how to trade and perhaps opened an account in Yobit. Virgil Griffith did nothing wrong!

• +1 1