Top10 CyrptoCurrency "Slang" you must know when you entering Crypto Universe. - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mX4²

Top10 CyrptoCurrency "Slang" you must know when you entering Crypto Universe.

This list is so funny. All these terms are still so funny since the first time I've encountered them. I have to admit that I've never heard "bitshaming" before although it looks valid. Also the slang "rekt" was taken by online gaming. We've used it there probably before Bitcoin and the crypto markets.

I think that when this bloodbath ends and if a new bull-run happens, we will definitely need to update with more slang. Seriously guys 2017 was extremely funny. I know that some lost in 2018, I also did in part, but you can't believe how much everyone was laughing. We knew it would all go crumbling too, that's why it was even funnier.

At the beginning of my journey in circulation, especially in the telegram channels, I came across a lot of these terms, and I don't understand anything, and then I started to learn what this means, something by little.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:14 AM, Kman said:

Thank you for this, i actually dont know most of this to be honest. I will read it out and memorize it incase i encounter it in future

If there is something that I want to ask, I can just inform, I with minimal knowledge is ready to help answer what I know in order to be shared with you.

One of the best post to get all the basic information about crypto technology especially for newbies. If one understands these terminologies than it can help him/her to make progress in crypto.

I did enter the bitcointalk forum some day like that and I was really lost when reading a post about cryptocurrency market because of the bitcoin slangs they are using.  I am only aquinted with HODL of Al the ones stated here, I have had knowledge to the ones I know before. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

On 3/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Mdparvez said:

all right these are the a good number old slangs of cryptosystem world. and I deliberate the on the whole of the used word in numbers is "to the moon" as every one is conversation that this coin is disappearing to the moon. and storage space is a word which came into cohort accidentally. consequently cryptosystem humankind itself a enormously remarkable place.

😂 lol mdparvez says the slangs are old, lol may be i should just simply head out to google and search the keyword "crypto currency slangs" oops not forgetting to add 2020 😂 

Useful expressions, and a good explanation of these phrases. I think you should add to this list the ICO / IEO concept and the difference between them as two concepts.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, Bogaguy said:

now i can recognize what is slang.this is very helpful and useful for all new contributors of crypto global

that point we saw many manipulation in the market. influencers usually recommend top 10 coins for buying and selling

Thank you for letting us know about this honestly speaking  i did not know about this so it would be very helpful for us who did not know

On 11/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

In crypto-world, ‘to the moon’ expression is used to describe that the price of a cryptocurrency is rising off the charts. This is also used as to wish a certain coin that the price of that coin goes so high that it start touching the moon’s surface 🙂 Bitcoiners have also started to use the verb ‘mooning’ which is equivalent to ‘increasing’.

2. When Moon 
Just like the earlier expression, “when moon” is used by the crypto-enthusiasts describing a perfect time when the cryptocurrency prices go up which is the best time for holders of that currency to sell.

3. When Lambo? 
When Lambo is basically a short version of “ When will you buy a Lamborghini?”. This is often said by holders of one currency to another asking that when they will be rich enough to buy a Lamborghini from the cryptocurrency they are having.

4. HODL 
This again one of the very commonly used slang but there is a funny story behind it. In 2013, one member of Bitcoin message board made a type and wrote “I AM HODLING.” where he wanted to say that he is ‘Holding’, despite of abrupt price change.
But the post became very popular and became a meme where people started abbreviating HODL as “hold on for dear life.” Since then, this expression is used to discourage selling of cryptocurrencies when bitcoin price starts falling.

5. Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) 
As the name suggests, Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) is a condition used for people who are extremely obsessed with checking prices of bitcoins or any other crypto-currencies every other minute. The first thing they do after wake up and the last thing they do before going to bed is checking the BTC/USD charts.

6. Bitshaming 
Well this is the era of Millenials and they can give the label of racism, discrimination even in the bitcoin market. Bitshaming is the expression used when a bitcoin holder or HODLER is being mocked for not being rich yet.

7. Nocoiner 
Well, you might have guessed from the name, Nocoiner is used for a person who either doesn’t have any coins at all or sold all the coins he once bought before. Although it can be used for anyone, usually it is used for skeptics or Bitshamers.

8. FUD 
FUD which is an abbreviation of “Fear, uncertainty and doubt,” is not only used in the crypto-world but is used by economists. But in a crypto-world, FUD refers to anything, a negative news report or a blog post that talks about the negative aspects of cryptocurrency with an aim to prevent people from investing in alt-coins.
But since Bitcoiners believe in themselves a lot, they modified the actual abbreviation to “Facts U Dislike”.

9. Alt-coin 
Well if you still don’t know the meaning of Alt-coin, it would be strange, cause either you are no-coiner or you are one of those people that spreads FUDs. ALT-COIN is the short form of Alternative Coins and is used for any other currencies that came after Bitcoins. There are almost 1600+ alt-coins by 2018 and the number is dramatically growing.

10. Rekt 
Rekt is derived from the word “wrecked, and is used for an investor who made a bad investment by selling the cryptocurrency he was holding, a few days before the price of the coins starts going “to the moon”. So, it is said that the investor got rekt.

This short articles originally are taken from full article of Majid Mushtaq,

~All The Cryptocurrency Slang You Need To Know To Call Yourself “Crypto Expert”~ 

For full article please go to the links as given below. 

https://medium.com/futurepia/cryptocurrency-slang-339e6da8de1d

These are some interesting facts about crypto. I think there are more words. Also many words will born. Because people make dialogues. And unique dialogues get popular.

Improve online skills and get more information about online earning https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Great really impressive and useful knowledge have been shared by your side to give the quotation of the important words which are used to express the situations of the Cryptocurrencies thanks for sharing this post with us.

thank you for this very informative post. It was rather hard for me to understand the crypto terms when i first started around two years ago, and having a post like this that summarized some of the terms so nicely would have really helped me along my way. In fact there are some terms in your post that even i was unaware of over the two years i have been interested in crypto. I think that this will definitely help newbies and beginners to the crypto world.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

My dear mate really its useful topic for me because I know some words, but exactly don't no where this words indicates, and some words I learn hear like rekt previously I don't no this word in crypto, so its really good information for me thanks to share this topic.

It is pretty sad that termin to the moon has not been used that much in the recent years because cryptocurrency have not showed a big growth like it was 2 years ago.

There are many crypto currency slang that are used by the expert traders, they don't use normal words like "price is going down" or "price i going up" they will just use bulish and bearish instead.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

This is just a simple topic but interesting as many,especially newbies doesn't know sometimes those terms. And honestly,i didn't know bitshaming,and through this post i was educated. In addition to this,another crypto term mostly used are;

Shill- A shill is someone who promotes a particular coin, probably because he is HODLING a *BAG of it hoping that promoting it over the top will help it MOON. The process is called SHILLING a coin.

Fomo- FOMO stands for Fear Of Missing Out. It means don't make rash decisions base on emotion, like when you see a coin value rising rapidly and buy in to get some of the action. 

Dear friend 

This information is vary vary most important for all user.  I first knowing from your post reading. Hope its was vary halpfull for us. I keep this information in my mind. 

Thanks    

One thing when concerning this of Crypto slangs is that it's not static on what exactly they can actually mean, as there this of PTD,. Which is okay the dump, as to use the dump, as buying this dumps and wait for the advancement on the value and cut the profit there

Here are other slag in the crypto world which is not included in the above topics like ICO (Initial Coin Offering), IPO(Initial Public Offering ),IEO(Initial Exchange Offering), FOMO(Fear of Missing Out) and there are so many other unique terms in the crypto world. 

• +2 1

Your publish may be very vital because many currencies are clearly a variety of scam.  We first assume that the currency will be very critical to our currency, however later it's miles seen that there are numerous scams and it is truely podding.So we want to get extra know-how about the crypto universe then get inside the way.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

In crypto-world, ‘to the moon’ expression is used to describe that the price of a cryptocurrency is rising off the charts. This is also used as to wish a certain coin that the price of that coin goes so high that it start touching the moon’s surface 🙂 Bitcoiners have also started to use the verb ‘mooning’ which is equivalent to ‘increasing’.

2. When Moon 
Just like the earlier expression, “when moon” is used by the crypto-enthusiasts describing a perfect time when the cryptocurrency prices go up which is the best time for holders of that currency to sell.

3. When Lambo? 
When Lambo is basically a short version of “ When will you buy a Lamborghini?”. This is often said by holders of one currency to another asking that when they will be rich enough to buy a Lamborghini from the cryptocurrency they are having.

4. HODL 
This again one of the very commonly used slang but there is a funny story behind it. In 2013, one member of Bitcoin message board made a type and wrote “I AM HODLING.” where he wanted to say that he is ‘Holding’, despite of abrupt price change.
But the post became very popular and became a meme where people started abbreviating HODL as “hold on for dear life.” Since then, this expression is used to discourage selling of cryptocurrencies when bitcoin price starts falling.

5. Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) 
As the name suggests, Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) is a condition used for people who are extremely obsessed with checking prices of bitcoins or any other crypto-currencies every other minute. The first thing they do after wake up and the last thing they do before going to bed is checking the BTC/USD charts.

6. Bitshaming 
Well this is the era of Millenials and they can give the label of racism, discrimination even in the bitcoin market. Bitshaming is the expression used when a bitcoin holder or HODLER is being mocked for not being rich yet.

7. Nocoiner 
Well, you might have guessed from the name, Nocoiner is used for a person who either doesn’t have any coins at all or sold all the coins he once bought before. Although it can be used for anyone, usually it is used for skeptics or Bitshamers.

8. FUD 
FUD which is an abbreviation of “Fear, uncertainty and doubt,” is not only used in the crypto-world but is used by economists. But in a crypto-world, FUD refers to anything, a negative news report or a blog post that talks about the negative aspects of cryptocurrency with an aim to prevent people from investing in alt-coins.
But since Bitcoiners believe in themselves a lot, they modified the actual abbreviation to “Facts U Dislike”.

9. Alt-coin 
Well if you still don’t know the meaning of Alt-coin, it would be strange, cause either you are no-coiner or you are one of those people that spreads FUDs. ALT-COIN is the short form of Alternative Coins and is used for any other currencies that came after Bitcoins. There are almost 1600+ alt-coins by 2018 and the number is dramatically growing.

10. Rekt 
Rekt is derived from the word “wrecked, and is used for an investor who made a bad investment by selling the cryptocurrency he was holding, a few days before the price of the coins starts going “to the moon”. So, it is said that the investor got rekt.

This short articles originally are taken from full article of Majid Mushtaq,

~All The Cryptocurrency Slang You Need To Know To Call Yourself “Crypto Expert”~ 

For full article please go to the links as given below. 

https://medium.com/futurepia/cryptocurrency-slang-339e6da8de1d

I have encounter or already use some of the words that you've been mention. But I don't have knowledge about the meaning of those terms and it is my first time to see or read some terms in your choices. Thanks for sharing this information to us. This post enlighten me about the true meaning of the words I usually use in cryptoworld.

The terminology and symbols in the coding world are many and endless. Despite the many years of research that I have done, I have now learned from your participation 3 new terms, which is why we must always search and update our information.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Thank you, many of my friends used to use the term "the the moon" to express the increase in the price of the currency, and I didn't know that it was a popular term for everyone.

2 hours ago, Imran01234 said:

Really helps a lot of newcomers. It raises awareness and we now fully understand the context in which some of the implications are involved, it really helps new and even members. Thanks for sharing this info .

Well, this is quite true mate because there are some members here in this forum are asking for the better coin to invest here in cryptocurrency, happy posting everyone.

These expressions, I think, are vast and widespread in most articles. I did not understand the hatred from this list. All I learned from the intuition is that To the Moon means that the price has risen to an imaginary number again as a missile. Some of these expressions are obvious, you do not need to explain, but it is good that you have set aside time to explain in detail each unit what it means

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile: