Steps to keep your Coins Secured - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ms.o

Steps to keep your Coins Secured

Online world are very dangerous,as the technologies are getting more developed,there are risks associated with it and one of this is those hackers  who are born and multiplying everyday. So to keep your funds safe and secured somehow,the following can be helpful;

• Using Cold Storage  or hardware wallet- storing it on a cold storage can prevent you from online hackers attack as this kind of storage is the safest among others as it is not accessible via internet.

• Enable Two Factor 2FA Authentication-2FA is the most important factor to ensure security. Every access in your accounts requires you to input code sent via your own email or sms,this will let you know if someone's trying to attack your account and not letting them to get access.

• Double Check the Address- double-check the URL address of the exchange having your assets. Phishing attackers use a similar URL address for getting login address information. Even while you are withdrawing your assets to a particular address the hacker or phishing attacker may change the address to their own, so in that case, you should double-check the address too. In both cases please be very careful while dealing with your assets on the exchange.

• Emails Phishing Attacks Prevention - do not click on any link on email regardless of its authentication and confirmation. Update your antimalware and antivirus software as always along with web protection if possible as an extra security layer to prevent such attacks.

• Check the Locks and SSL certificate-  this is also one way to keep safe,checking every connection or site your visiting if they are secured or not.

• Useful or interesting 14
  • +1 8
  • +2 7
  • +3 4
  • +4 7
  • +5 6

Your all above methods are good to secure our crypto currencies. Now a days it is common to hack tge exchange and wallets for hackers and scammers so these methods will help us. 

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Thank you for sharing these steps, in my estimation if we would follow this steps, we can secure our device, cryptocurrencies. l advice also Do not access unknown or suspicious links.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

It is a good topic, but I have already seen it several times before in the forum, it is also good to remember these simple but important parameters to be safe online financially.

• +1 2
  • +4 1

You are right friend, 2FA authenticator is a good security because no one will be able to access your wallet unless they have your mobile phone. We have to be careful in checking the ssl certificate every site that we visit so that we can know if its a good site or bad.

• +1 3
  • +5 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Yes the technology is advancing every day and scamers are increasing therefore, its very important to apply tight security measures to our cryptocurrency accounts like enabling 2fa or following some of the tips you mentioned in your topic they are helpful.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

11 hours ago, Ms.o said:

Online world are very dangerous,as the technologies are getting more developed,there are risks associated with it and one of this is those hackers  who are born and multiplying everyday. So to keep your funds safe and secured somehow,the following can be helpful;

• Using Cold Storage  or hardware wallet- storing it on a cold storage can prevent you from online hackers attack as this kind of storage is the safest among others as it is not accessible via internet.

• Enable Two Factor 2FA Authentication-2FA is the most important factor to ensure security. Every access in your accounts requires you to input code sent via your own email or sms,this will let you know if someone's trying to attack your account and not letting them to get access.

• Double Check the Address- double-check the URL address of the exchange having your assets. Phishing attackers use a similar URL address for getting login address information. Even while you are withdrawing your assets to a particular address the hacker or phishing attacker may change the address to their own, so in that case, you should double-check the address too. In both cases please be very careful while dealing with your assets on the exchange.

• Emails Phishing Attacks Prevention - do not click on any link on email regardless of its authentication and confirmation. Update your antimalware and antivirus software as always along with web protection if possible as an extra security layer to prevent such attacks.

• Check the Locks and SSL certificate-  this is also one way to keep safe,checking every connection or site your visiting if they are secured or not.

Yes I think that your post is great and very informative. I am sure that it will help the users here and mainly beginners that is starting her ein cryptocurrency. It could be a great help to them and I wish that they will use your tips to have a better security. 

• +1 1
  • +2 2

12 hours ago, Ms.o said:

Enable Two Factor 2FA Authentication-2FA is the most important factor to ensure security. Every access in your accounts requires you to input code sent via your own email or sms,this will let you know if someone's trying to attack your account and not letting them to get access.

@Ms.o I would argue that Google Authenticator is way better 2fa method then sms, because sms is not a secure enough and hackers have used the vulnerabilities in that in the past -> https://blog.sucuri.net/2020/01/why-2fa-sms-is-a-bad-idea.html

Edited by rekter
wording
  • +1 2
  • +4 1

13 hours ago, Ms.o said:

Good idea for making my wallet and the site i deposit my money to make safe, but the cold wallet thing is to expensive for me, and its not around me, but i like 2fa and sms verification better than any other security modes.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Yes you are ryt my frnd. Personally i trust 2FA is the best thing to secure our wallets and to protect our amount what we earned with our hardwork. So every one should Activate 2FA first when joining or login. Thank you. 

Thanks for sharing some useful steps to keep our coin secured. I also want to give advice to everyone not to be greedy most of the people click unknown and suspicious link to make big earning and there higher chance to hack wallet account. 

These are good direction to secure our digital financial world, although there are many more dangers. Everyone should be careful not to download dubious browser extensions and apps that have not been tested extensively. Also there exist a lot of fake mobile apps that have the potential to steal funds. Be careful and always do extensive research before downloading anything.

4 hours ago, rekter said:

@Ms.o I would argue that Google Authenticator is way better 2fa method then sms, because sms is not a secure enough and hackers have used the vulnerabilities in that in the past -> https://blog.sucuri.net/2020/01/why-2fa-sms-is-a-bad-idea.html

Yeah,google authenticator is indeed much better than sms. As anyone can easily have get codes from our mobile. Thanks for clarification. 

• +1 3
  • +5 1

it's always a good practice in life in everything to double check everything, and also try to stay away from greedy offers as they are 90% scam

• -1 1
  • +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

18 hours ago, Ms.o said:

Using Cold Storage  or hardware wallet- storing it on a cold storage can prevent you from online hackers attack as this kind of storage is the safest among others as it is not accessible via internet.

Absolutely the best wallets to use in securing coins is using paper wallets. Paper wallet unlike Hot Wallets stores its coins separately from the internet thereby reducing the risk of cyber attacks. Examples is Ledger Nano Wallet. 

• +1 1
  • +4 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

You are right, these are the best methods to keep our currencies safe and, in addition, we must not work with untrusted sites and not enter our email and passwords on these unsafe sites because we may lose our account and information with these steps.

Sometimes I’m afraid to leave 2fa protection for my cryptocurrency wallet on. It may happen that you lose access and then your funds disappear completely. 

• +1 1
  • +4 1

2fa is the best security to protect our account because now a days scammers increase and they always search weak security accounts, because its easy to hack this accounts, so in my opinion every crypto account holder use strong security their accounts.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +5 1

If investors of crypto market wants to save their investments safe in this market then they need to used strong password including special characters in password and two factors authentication always on into your accounts.and then we are safe from risk of hacking issues. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

5 hours ago, ETheHedgehog said:

it's always a good practice in life in everything to double check everything, and also try to stay away from greedy offers as they are 90% scam

True. Our safety depends also on us. It is our own responsibilities also on how to keep safe in such malicious acts. So by doing thorough research or checking before making any act can save us from unwanted things.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

the best and normal way to get high security is just linking your exchanges and acvounts with the google two factor authenticator.after allowing this you will only have the right to access the account and wallets.this is the best and normal way for the newbies

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:42 AM, Ms.o said:

Great! Thank you for sharing this wonderful information. 🙂 It can help a lot of members here most especially those new comers.

• +1 2
  • +4 1

Dear mate certainly you shared some good and important tips for keeping safe the any types account, especially Two factor authorization is so needy to safe any account, i have already done this mere all accounts. We should all follow these process to our accounts. Thanks to all.

• +1 3
  • +5 1

This is true, they are good protection methods. I think the most important two methods of protection are firstly Google authenticator, and secondly, activating the Enable Two Factor 2FA Authentication-2FA feature. The use of one or both of them is sufficient to protect the two works.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Of course, you share a good thing to protect our cryptocurrency. It's very important to protect our cryptocurrency. I think we follow your instructions and our cryptocurrency is protected. And also if we cannot take other security measures, at least two factors must be enabled to authenticate. It's good for all of us. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1