Be prepared for the worse - Page 5 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Be prepared for the worse

You are always acting like this in the crypto money world and life If you are not able to settle for the bad, you should not do that job and you should always be prepared for the worst. If the worst is not enough for you, do not do anything.

You are always acting like this in the crypto money world and life If you are not able to settle for the bad, you should not do that job and you should always be prepared for the worst. If the worst is not enough for you, do not do anything.

you can use paper wallet or hardware wallet also for store Bitcoin and other crypto currency generally write or save password and recovery phase propertly for future..if u lost your wallet then u get it back.

Sometimes having to have it in The back of your head  on having to make emergency backups is very key and essential, especially when it comes to having to memorise a while load of non English words, that's when backuping comes in

On 10/17/2019 at 9:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

Cutting your private key on pieces actually lowers the security. Criminal will have more changes find one of the pieces and after having part of the key, the address isn't as secure. I know that this might be nitpicking because the address is still relatively safe but it's technically true.

Wait for the worst "Frequent quotations in the crypto currency world. Currency prices drop or fluctuate at any time. One can be deficient at any time. One is forced to be ready later.

On 10/17/2019 at 10:04 AM, hexwin said:

I would make sure to have both backup for my seed words and/or private key and password (if you have it)

Use some metal plates to carve your seed words to protect them from fire, or put backup in multiple safe palces that are protected from fire and water.

I backup my informations as the first operation, then I will take a screenshots for every one of them for sure, and like the creator said I can make more than one copy to my private key or phrass, but in most time we should to be careful more because even with these methods you cannot stay away from the hackers 

For me, I will definitely make several copies of my wallet key and store them in remote locations such as digging a hole near the garden of the house and saving one of the keys there

THINK POSITIVE

Thank you, you are very careful and have a plan, I also do number 1 and 2 for myself. and the third thing I just let my mom know. She also has a good understanding of cryptocurrencies and wallets, it's all basic

It is very important for us to be prepared for the worst as it ensures the safety of our funds and that there is minimum risk of losing our funds or having them stolen. However, conversely the reverse is also true. By having many of these data replicated and kept to ensure a back up and safety, it does also open the door for more potential thieves, as there is more copies to steal, therefore you have to be more careful with more documents. However i see what you are saying and it is always best to be prepared.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I don't think that they will me worst than this situation ! we can notice that the market now is good ! yes its rising slow but its good thing that its increasing not dropping .

Most likely, I will not transfer copies of my private keys to other persons. This is not safe, because they can open your wallet. And so, a very interesting article, thanks. 

The most idea I love about the paper wallet is to cut the paper into two parts and keep the bored of a section in a different place. In this way, it will be very difficult to steal the paper and steal money from it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/17/2019 at 12:17 PM, xBDT Script said:

Okay I was asking a question yesterday to the community that "What will you do if a thief takes your hard copy?". Here is the topic.

The goal was to create awareness of about the situation like this and looking at the responses I would say there are enough buzz surrounding it. But my main goal was to discuss about the ways we can do so that we do not see us in a situation like this. How do we do that.

This is how I would do:

1. Instead of one copy, I would print more than one copy of my seed. (say two more copies)

2. I would put one copy in the safe box in a secure place of course (this is where the thief will get the printed copy with other valuable things)

3. The rest two copy will go to the 4 person I know but they do not know each others. I will cut off each paper into two. each side will contain 6 words of my 12 words pass phrase. Each copy will be sending to those each individuals. 

This is my way to avoid a situation like I have explained on that topic. Feel free to read that topic if you have not read it and let me know your idea of protecting your asset.

Thank you.

That seems a very intresting topic to me. Recovery seed phase is very much important. If someone can steal it then he can steal all of your funds from your wallet easily. 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

This is how I would do:

Thank you.

😂 lol, security! This is one very serious topic we keep talking about and never ends, I is is a broad and quiet a nesesary discussion, but all am saying is that these hackers always look gor backdors even without knowing you to get some copey of your info. 

Great tips for beginners to take precautions, taking more than one copy is a good way to keep your account, these precautions are preventive so as not to waste the money you earned hard.

• +1 1

5 hours ago, kingofsay said:

I can't do anything to avoid this and I know people will say you should transfer money to your wallet but this will also cost a lot of money. People come to the cryptocurrency market and think it's just an easy way to make money and for me, I'm always preparing to pump or dump the market.

Yes it's the best way to keep your coins in your Exchange to have the possibility to trade them fast and be in  any pump or dump 

The hackers do everything to have an account. But the user must always should be careful about sharing private keys or phrases. Usb memory plays a very important  rule in it. Never use a second hand usb memoy for the currency  storing. Chekibg the plug ins always will also help the users to avoid scammers. The paper wallet can be a solution in this matter. But i always check my things very properly. I have a multi layer encrypted enabled archives. 

• +2 1

This is true we must always make backup copies of our information, passwords and private keys and keep them in a safe place even if we lose any of this information we can access it again easily

It is very hard to think when someone gets your hard copy in your wallet information. The worst case is they will get all your funds store your wallet as expected that the scammers and the hackers do. So be careful always in storing your soft and hard copy that contains your wallet information specially the private key.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:38 PM, Nezar said:

The most idea I love about the paper wallet is to cut the paper into two parts and keep the bored of a section in a different place. In this way, it will be very difficult to steal the paper and steal money from it.

Cutting in four pieces is also a good idea, although it might be difficult to bring all pieces back together, and perhaps risky as funds might be lost if something happens and one part gets destroyed or lost. In fact I've read many holder whales have actually deposited their paper wallet in a bank's vault. I guess banks can be of help for this reason.

• +1 1

On 10/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, xBDT Script said:

A brilliant move. That's a very good way to secure the copy 100%. But if you ask me I would rather make it a document and store it in a bank. So I can get it anytime I wish. 

• +2 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

Your words are true, my friend. You must always be fully prepared for the worst. Expect the worst to happen in order to act well in the event that this happens and be ready.

• +1 1

Life is great and enjoy it

But why  is that there are many complains about lost password or pass phrase  you have to measure your self if you are a person that is careless or forgetful try to look for a  safe place to store you password if possible store it in your email since nobody can access your email except your self.

This is a good strategy to avoid loss of your private keys. But it is very long and difficult process. Because if one of your friend loss your provided jey you will not open the wallet.