google authenticator - Page 4 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dollarcome

google authenticator

Welcome with me
Scan the Google Authenticator QR code from the new phone on the old phone
Google Authenticator icon transfer will take place directly

There are few process to do that but the easiest way its to download the google authenticator app from your mobile device then ask for support there and you will solve your problem very quickly. 

Time is the ultimate weapon!

In case of losing the password to enter this application, I think that the only solution is to communicate with support through that phone that I used for the first time in protection mode

On 12/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, dollarcome said:

How do I backup Google Authenticator on Android? I have to backup this because there are so many market codes on my Google Authenticator

Well Google authenticator is quite easy to use. You can easily transfer it to your new device. Backup through the QR code then save the details for particular code somewhere else. 

On 12/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, dollarcome said:

How do I backup Google Authenticator on Android? I have to backup this because there are so many market codes on my Google Authenticator

It is very easy To use Google authenticator ,you just need to sync your time zone to the authenticator and you're good to go.. new code is generated every 30-60 seconds .. it is the safest way to keep your account safe ..

hey..first you must download google authenticator app and after that the exchange you use will give you a code add this code to the app and you can name it choice the name of exchange you use..

• +2 1

On 2/9/2020 at 10:12 PM, Maahi said:

You can do with notepad first you have to to copy all your API codes from Google Authenticator and paste it on notepad and save this Notepad in your online folder like Google drive so so it will safe I think.

like you, In my opinion, two factors that make Google Authenticator the bst security control option are the protction of your account. You can guy it to preerve your account more secure.

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 1:54 PM, dollarcome said:

You need to remove the 2FA from your market and then open a new authentification on other phone and then activate the code from your market to the new phone , if you mean that 

In order to protect Google Authenticator on Android on your phone, you need to download and install it in Google Play. There you will find everything you need in order to use Google Authenticator protection. 

21 hours ago, nayon89 said:

Actually i don't know that how to back up our google authenticator. But it's an important issue. If anyone loses his device or somehow the application deletes then he or she can face difficulties with their 2FA login. So we need to back up our google authenticator.

To back up the google authenticator, you will need to scan the QR code of the authenticator, after scanning it, you can print it on paper and make it safe somewhere. It is very important but if your wallet or exchange support sim authentication, you can use it too, so that if you do not have the back up for 2 fa google authentication, you can easily for once use the sim authentication. 

, dont forget backup recovery code or QR in save place  if needed write to paper,, if somedays are trouble gadget/ device can recovery code with easy,,, 

• -1 1

Using the Google authenticator, it must be used in a very safe way because, we cannot lose our accounts in a moment of formatting or resetting any type of storage system of any device such as telephone or computer, because the authenticator cannot be recovered again  of two factors.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:54 PM, dollarcome said:

You have to loge in on your google account and then you will see the potions for backpacking your google verification's, i prefer you watch youtube videos its hard to explain with writhing, i hope you get some videos.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:45 PM, betelihem said:

You have to loge in on your google account and then you will see the potions for backpacking your google verification's, i prefer you watch youtube videos its hard to explain with writhing, i hope you get some videos.

Somehow something updated on my phone and google authenticator is now having an option to back it up. It didn't have it before. I'm thinking that a technician I left the phone for fixing  a few days ago might have either done some upgrade on android, or did mess with my phone and is trying to spy on it. I didn't leave my sim card but I did notice changes on the phone. I guess I will buy a cheap new one just to be sure.

44 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

Somehow something updated on my phone and google authenticator is now having an option to back it up. It didn't have it before. I'm thinking that a technician I left the phone for fixing  a few days ago might have either done some upgrade on android, or did mess with my phone and is trying to spy on it. I didn't leave my sim card but I did notice changes on the phone. I guess I will buy a cheap new one just to be sure.

Wow that's suspicious because i update my google authenticator few days back and the didn't give me that option though, the only difference i get is the black mode that changes the aground to black. make sure if its real..

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

Google authenticator is really great feature to protect our account from scammers, its easy to use but it can't provide any back up function we store the Qrcode are the key words in safe place its important, because when we loss our devices then this data help to restore our account, 

• +1 2

11 hours ago, Honny143 said:

Google authenticator is really great feature to protect our account from scammers, its easy to use but it can't provide any back up function we store the Qrcode are the key words in safe place its important, because when we loss our devices then this data help to restore our account, 

storing QR codes still carries the risk of a hacker attack, and if the hacker successfully retrieves a copy of your QR Code, then your account is no longer secure, the last option is to save the Key Code, because it can be stored in a notebook, but it is very rare for someone to save and write in a notebook.
So it would be better if you use the 2fa application that provides a backup such as the Authy application, you can visit it here.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

41 minutes ago, ayatoslaw said:

So it would be better if you use the 2fa application that provides a backup such as the Authy application, you can visit it here.

@ayatoslaw How safe Authy really is according to your experience ? Looking like it has a cloud based 2SV system. It's third time, I have got trouble due to google authenticator app. Recently, Google has enabled a feature to transfer linked accounts to another device which has Google Authenticator app is installed but if we have already lost device, no luck 😒

• +4 1

37 minutes ago, Whited35 said:

@ayatoslaw How safe Authy really is according to your experience ? Looking like it has a cloud based 2SV system. It's third time, I have got trouble due to google authenticator app.

I have been using Authy for more than two years and i have not found any issue, except only the issue of forgetting a backup password (and this is of course the user's mistake), because Authy will remind us to enter a backup password every month. Another advantage of Authy besides backup is that it can be used on many devices such as IOS, Android, Linux, Win 32/64 and MACOS.

• +3 1
  • +5 2

On 7/23/2020 at 6:19 AM, ayatoslaw said:

storing QR codes still carries the risk of a hacker attack, and if the hacker successfully retrieves a copy of your QR Code, then your account is no longer secure, the last option is to save the Key Code, because it can be stored in a notebook, but it is very rare for someone to save and write in a notebook.

The best I have seen is to write the QR code on metallic sheet, but printing it out and laminating it so to be water resistant is also good but on metallic sheet, it will be fire resistant to an extent. 

I really don't know how to backup google authenticator because i never face any kind of problem when using it. But i think if you a problem with google authenticator you have to ask for support from the app that requires you to use google authenticator.

You need to be much careful while setting up google authenticator because once you have set it up ut is not possible  that you can relink to another app wuthout the key.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, BraveHeart01 said:

You need to be much careful while setting up google authenticator because once you have set it up ut is not possible  that you can relink to another app wuthout the key.

@BraveHeart01 I do not get you, ones set google authenticator up, no relinking without keys? Which key are you talking about? I think you ate wrong. Did you mean the backup codes

• +1 2

On 7/23/2020 at 6:19 AM, ayatoslaw said:

storing QR codes still carries the risk of a hacker attack,

This right, but what about backing up the QR code in a well laminated paper and keep very safe from attackers. Also, having the 2FA on another device different from the one used to access wallet or exchanges is the best option. 

Edited by BitcryptoHan
  • +1 2