google authenticator - Page 7 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dollarcome

google authenticator

Is very good! You save the identification keys of many applications in a single app. 2FA verification is very good at preventing people who guess your password from entering your account. I like to see how security progresses little by little.

• +5 1

Well, i was with the same doubt, thanks to the comments i was able to do it,now i have the backup copy of google authenticator. i just had to scan the qr code. goodbye.

On 23.12.2019 at 15:54, dollarcome said:

How do I backup Google Authenticator on Android? I have to backup this because there are so many market codes on my Google Authenticator

1. You can save your backup codes. These are the one-use codes that allow you to login into your account if you lose access to your OTP token. After you use a backup code once it’s gone for good. Most people print out these Google Authenticator backup codes and keep them at hand. Or
2. You can save screenshots of the secret keys.

Google Authenticator is a high-quality security system, but be careful, if you lose the application and the serial number, you will live the worst nightmare of your life, and this talk is from my personal experience

In general, in these situations I always turn to YouTube, there you can find a lot of information and you can even know some other tips related to your search

You must make backups for the security of your accounts. this issue is very important. When your phone is broken, you can transfer seamlessly with your backup.

It's not a good idea to use Google authenticator.I don't think it's very secure for a crypto wallet.Better look for an alternative

Edited by Exelin

Hi, my friend. To activate the cloud backup, first press the three dots at the top-right, then press “Settings.” Here, go to the “Accounts” category. Find the switch for “Backups” and enable it. You’ll be asked for a password for your backups. Enter the password twice to enable cloud backups. When you use a fresh install, you can log in with the same account you used before. App will then ask you for the password to unlock your backups. Once entered, everything should be back to normal. Successes!!

INVEST,CHECK YOBIT.NEY

Are you about to invest in cryptocurrencies?
As with any other investment, before investing in a cryptocurrency, know what the risks are and learn how to spot a scam. Here is a list of some of the things to watch out for when considering your options.

No one can guarantee that you will earn money.
Anyone who promises you a guaranteed yield or dividend is likely a scammer. Just because an investment is well known or endorsed by a celebrity does not mean it is a good or safe thing. That applies to both cryptocurrencies and more traditional investments. Don't invest money that you can't afford to lose.

Там в меню есть функция перенести аккаунты, или что то типа этого. Ничего сложного нет. Если что думаю в интернетах можно найти несколько гайдов по этому поводу

On 12/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, laio94 said:

The first thing to do to recover Google Authenticator codes is to install the app on the new Android smartphone or iPhone. Immediately afterwards, from your computer, you will have to visit the Google page for two-factor verification and log in. Authenticator will tell you which smartphone you are currently using and show you a button to switch devices. Click on "Change phone" and enter the phone number of the smartphone you want to use (your new smartphone) and if you prefer to receive the codes via SMS or by phone call.

At this point, move to your new device and, within the Authenticator app, click on "Start> Read barcode". Now you will have to use the new smartphone to read the barcode that appeared on the computer screen. When you see the six-digit code appear on your phone after scanning the bar code, enter this code in your computer and then click on "Check and Save". You must repeat this procedure for all the services you have chosen to use with two-factor authentication via Google Authenticator (for example, logins to your Apple, Amazon, Dropbox or Facebook profiles). But be very careful: before deleting the Authenticator app from the old phone you must be sure that you have moved all the protected profiles to the new one, otherwise these profiles will be blocked.

Thank you very much for your contribution, the truth is that it is very necessary and useful to know this type of information, it does not avoid many inconveniences

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I decided  to try authy when I couldn't transfer the google authenticator accounts to my old ipad (saying that it would transfer it) in my experiment tonight.

Good evening, If I'm not mistaken, when reinstalling Google Authenticator, you enter your email address and password, and there should also be a phrase or code word for recovery ( you were asked for it earlier) just for such cases. If this code word was not specified, then everything was lost.

Всем добра

Many platforms use google authenticator to add security to their clients' accounts, this security provided by google is a 6-digit PIN, to be able to access with google authenticator from another mobile device you must save your security key that the platform gives you to To be able to activate google authenticator of your account, you only have to save this key in case your mobile is lost or stolen.

Authenticator very useful and good secure system.You don't have any authenticator secure on your wallet somebody can steal your account easily he just know your password and access your account.That because ı always enable my authenticator. 

you need to save the private key you got either in QR code or in text. If you type it again, you will get the up-to-date codes on any device, so do the scammers, so you need to keep it as secure as possible, However, if you want to transfer your auths this is the only way to do it.

это наверное самое лучшее приложения среди всех, что представляют собой генераторы кодов 2fa защиты

On 23.12.2019 at 15:54, dollarcome said:

How do I backup Google Authenticator on Android? I have to backup this because there are so many market codes on my Google Authenticator

There is a backup button in the app. You need 2 phones with authenticator, on main one click transfer to new device and scan qr code from second phone.

• +5 1

Difficult question. I can't say for sure, I advise you to contact Google or YouTube, there is the necessary information there. Search there

There are several ways, but I will give you 2 that are safe, 1- You can save all the codes in a notepad and keep them safe or you can save the QR code so that when you scan the data is transferred to the new phone.

Google Authenticator is a good security tool, I like it because that way nobody can make transactions with my money if I don't give him the permissions, besides that way many unnecessary frauds or thefts are avoided, it is definitely a tool that everybody should have in their mobile devices to manage their money.

• +4 1