Careful of Google Ads - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BTC Future

Careful of Google Ads

Thank you brother for giving our attention to that type of issue. We always think that the ads which circulate on google always be real not a fake. 

But now we will be careful about fake websites. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

That's true many newbies have been become prey of scamming sites, I always check before doing any money transactions with any site, most of the time I ask my friends and colleges to send me the link of the site. so avoid as much as you can to safe yourself from scammers.But the problem is not lie with us its the system where the government is not strong enough to catch those scammers because of that they are coming again and again .We need strong hold against scammers where they will be strike down fastly and they fear from punishment.

• +1 1

There are a lot of ads appearing to us that you should pay attention to

Like what I said, my friend, these are fraudulent attempts

Fraud has many methods and ideas that must be paid attention to so that we do not lose our work

• +1 1

Oh thank you so much and I am so greatful for this message because its going to perfect me into the right side of everything the work you have done here is to help me really define what is happening and we have to really be on the look out because problems can really be tough in so many ways

• +1 1
  • +5 1

13 hours ago, Syedbesharat said:

We need strong hold against scammers where they will be strike down fastly and they fear from punishment.

Indeed. Sadly we are mostly using Google for our searches and all this time google wasn't serving us as they should. Sadly I don't know how it will be able to eradicate this phenomenon. It would be ideal not to have scammers but this is just how the world is made currently. There are honest people and there are some trying to cheat their way to riches.

• +3 1

The scheme of so many scammers is to go where there is money and thats how they are able to get into our likes they take a little bit here and a little bit there and in the end it becomes really difficult to tell, they still already established information to enter into our world

The Google site is very reliable, but unfortunately it is being used by many fraudsters in many ways and there are many fake sites that are similar to the basic sites and the difference is in the title only For example, a while ago, a fraudulent site was created similar to the official website of the blockchain wallet, and through this fake site, money could be stolen if the user and subscriber did not notice the fraudulent address, so we have to be careful

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Almost all websites and applications contain advertisements and most of these ads are fake and unreliable, so it is best to avoid entering these sites so that we are not exposed to any deception.

First of all, thank you for sharing this kind of information because there are so many deceptive websites and people fall prey to them. We should also share such information and report such websites so that people save their money

Yes it is really true. Be careful about google ads actually everyone think on google is everything is good so they catched by scammers. Be careful and pay attention on your work.

Yes there are many scammers site but the better thing is that if you get some site which is scam so mentioned to other members so that people will be safe from the scam so keep help other and don't waste your time in scam site..

@Mark wood ofcource mate , this is New method used by scammer . but I really don't know why Google approve these kind of website for advertisment . their is same website we got if we search blockchain in Google ( that's is fake ) . I always trying to ignore advertisement websites. 

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

Thank you because I am not know about this and there are some time that I use the google search and the ads are appear to me and I am not know if I use them or the website that I want, so I am not only use the ad again and as you say only the website that is the offcell that will not be a fake. I am help with this very good advice and you welcome from me.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:38 PM, BTC Future said:

Scammers create a similar domain name with a small difference in the letters and are able to buy ad services from google which will appear right on top of the legitimate website.

This fraudulent method has spread a lot and we have warned about it in this forum several times that fraudsters create a website interface that is very similar to the original wallet or platform interface to trap victims and enter their information into the fake site and thus steal it. Therefore, I recommend that you enter any important address from the original and well-known sites.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

We have to be very careful in these matters. Fraudsters everywhere are only looking to steal your money.  Whether in Google search, social media, or email.  Therefore, do not reply to any message from any stranger, download an anonymous application, or enter an untrusted link.  Be careful they are waiting for any mistake you make.

Yes Nowadays YouTube, Google Ads has huge number of promotion of scam sites. And the worst thing is they get ranked at first line of search in first pages and the probability of users getting scammed increases more. And if you are good with other search engines then duckduckgo would be the best browser and search engine for people like us. We must double check the url before browsing the sites every time for further security.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

On 8/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, Moontong said:

You can say that a website is an scam or fake once there is something wrong with the domain name or in the source link. For example, once the domain should use the letter "i" they use the letter "l" so it would be closely look like an original. I don't know the reason behind doing that but once you notice tha tthing then avoid the website.

This is a trick that some scammers use to scam innocent people they use thesame domain with a popular site you know with a little difference either a word or letters so as to trick people we should be careful with this kind of people that is the reason why yobit always emphasize that you should always check their  domain name, they provide the availability of the domain they use so that you will not open door for the scammers to steal your funds.

Good to know that I use an adblock on my desktop but I don't use one on my mobile phone. This can be very dangerous scam and google does nothing but even allows scam websites to be promoted as real. Many people will be victims if this keeps going.

• +1 1

In internet you cannot escape from scammers they are everywhere you go and they try to convince somehow with there options don't trust those if you wante something ask from people who have experience in ads 

• +1 1
  • +4 1

1 hour ago, adamramis said:

In internet you cannot escape from scammers they are everywhere you go and they try to convince somehow with there options don't trust those if you wante something ask from people who have experience in ads 

Indeed, there are scammers, hackers both in Crypto world and even outside crypto community, the most important thing is to be security cautious and be extremely careful with any given sites, links you come across. First take your time and verify it to always be at safe side.

• +3 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:38 PM, BTC Future said:

Scammers are lately buying google ads and promoting various fake websites used by crypto enthusiasts. The latest one is Ledger while previous examples have been CoinCorner, Privnote, and many more.

An example of how the scam works is bellow:

image.png.0a44bfb1ae4ac945f700b6d592c2d29a.png

Scammers create a similar domain name with a small difference in the letters and are able to buy ad services from google which will appear right on top of the legitimate website.

It is important to use an adblocker (my favorite: uBlock Origin) in your searches and if possible avoid using Google services at all (for email better use Protonmail). Be careful when searching for a website as the possibility of a fake advertisement appearing is extremely high. Google does very little to research the validity of the ads and allows them to go on until they get massively reported.

Let's not forget the security gaps in YouTube where hacking groups are hacking accounts of streamers, changing their information to crypto-related, and promote fake giveaways. Also, the countless fake apps android play-store has hosted so far.

Google is a mess and can't control the scams happening on its platforms. Be extra careful Cryptotalk community. Especially beginners in crypto as these scams are mostly targeting people that do not have knowledge of their plans.

Thanks for updating us about this issue in crypto. Most of us now are using google because of many reasons so we should check our safety first before do some action on it. These days, scammers are also upgrading their strategies so i think we might need to upgrade our safetiness too.

• +2 1

Thanks man for saving my money I didn't had little knowledge of this. Someone has to do something about these scammers even they can fool google as well so where do we stand.

• +2 1

On 8/18/2020 at 11:38 AM, BTC Future said:

Google is a mess and can't control the scams happening on its platforms. Be extra careful Cryptotalk community. Especially beginners in crypto as these scams are mostly targeting people that do not have knowledge of their plans.

You are right on this one because I have also seen many fake and scam crypto related websites being displayed or advertised on Google search and this shows that it can't control them because such are suppose even to be blocked so us to save many people from being scammed  and we shouldn't trust anything on crypto that's on Google even when it is rated as legit it's better to do more research from other sources.

• +1 1

This can be a very dangerous scam and Google does nothing but even allow scam websites to be promoted as real or access untrusted links.  Beware of any mistakes they may have made.

Thank you for the warning, but about this you need to write a complaint to Google. Although they should not have allowed such a copying of the site, thank you for the warning.