Translator problems - Page 2 - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Wilmer Garcia

Translator problems

On 3/25/2020 at 4:34 PM, Wilmer Garcia said:

I've seen many novice members writing topics that don't understand what they really mean, I want to believe it's because of a translator's mistake and not writing.
These only make copy and paste the translation without a previous review it is best to check the translation before pasting it into the forum there can always be some errors the translator is a personal recommendation because when I started the same error, but I noticed and fix it always check the translation before pasting it on the forum is a tip from someone who also went through the same thing

Raw translations without the user interaction and editing is going to be a mess almost all the time, translation websites are not that developed yet that you can just use the text they give you without any change specially in a forum because it will have some mistakes in meaning.

• +1 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:04 PM, Wilmer Garcia said:

These only make copy and paste the translation without a previous review it is best to check the translation before pasting it into the forum there can always be some errors the translator is a personal recommendation because when I started the same error, but I noticed and fix it always check the translation before pasting it on the forum is a tip from someone who also went through the same thing

Basically this sentence is huge and difficult to read. Using smaller sentences and more comas will help make your point readable. Right now I can't understand what you want to say either.

• +1 1

Yes, I also urged that, not a defect in the use of the translator, but you must check the text that was translated at the end and correct the mistakes committed by Google automatic translation.

• +1 1

Thank you, my friend, for this very important advice, especially for new members of the forum Cryptotalk, there are some members who copy and paste the text from Google Translate as it is without checking and this is an error according to my opinion, you must verify the translation and fix errors before publishing them in the forum

• +1 1

Maybe its because of the auto suggestion for words for those who are using mobile to post. If you will not setup your keyboard on your mobile, it will suggest random words when you will type anything and you can post different things apart from you wanted to post.

• +1 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

First of all you must read the rules, you cannot use the Google translator, It is what the rules say.

8. .../  Don't use google translator or any automated translator. .../...

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/207-general-rules-of-cryptotalkorg-forum-official/

Improve the grammar, as a user said in a post in the first days of this forum, what really matters is that the message is understood.

The Cryptotalk forum is quite flexible, technical English is not required to participate, but if you do not know how to express your ideas or knowledge, it happens that you will do poorly even if English is your native language

• +1 1

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

4 hours ago, Ganhanmarin said:

Some did it knowingly because it will appear to them that it was not translated to English. I believe they should know that it can result to ban. 

Yes, you are right, failure to respect the laws here will lead you to obtain points of discretion and if you continue not to respect them, you will be banned from the forum..

Yes, the translator does not translate some languages correctly, so the translation must be verified before it is shared or published

THINK POSITIVE

On 3/25/2020 at 5:34 PM, Wilmer Garcia said:

I've seen many novice members writing topics that don't understand what they really mean, I want to believe it's because of a translator's mistake and not writing.

Absolutely right my friend. I have seen many topic here which i could not understand even after reading twice or thrice i even Google about them but no clue. I think it's because everyone don't know the English language. 

Some members are not good in english but they wanted to work here and they try their best but their first language is not english they made mistakes if post gives a complete meaning and understanding then small mistakes can be ignored for their hardwork.

• +1 1

Members using translator should always cross check the translation before posting because most time there might be errors or mistake while translating, and if it posted without doing a cross check then the post will be filled with mistakes and most time some members might not understand your post.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I agree with you because many translator sites don't translate texts very well but rather give you word by word translations which are not very good and cause a lot of grammatical errors.

Yes this i a big problem , yes i don’t speak English good , but i try writing what i know , yes i do some mistakes but is understand , so for people how’s just copy past from translator ,is a good opportunity to learn English and to developing it , because this language you will need it for any job you want to do it in internet.

I was reading the rules again and I did not see anything against the translator on the contrary I think it is valid to use it to communicate with those who do not fully know English so they can participate in their ideas and contribute to the Forum.

What kind of translators you need because i also doing post from last five weeks but i don't find any issues regarding others language because there is only two languages in crypto talk forum and we also uaed only English on posts because i have experience of Russia language 

• +1 1

Most of us here, our local language is not English or Russian. So many uses translators to translate languages before posting, it is not always because they don't know what to say but how to say it. 

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

On 3/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, Zaino34 said:

You are right in that we must always review our topic before publishing to make sure that the translation is correct because sometimes the words are translated with different meanings which makes the meaning incomprehensible

This is true mate and some members here in this forum are getting some warning points by having some typographical errors and also putting some wrong word. Happy posting.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:59 PM, alexisfuentes said:

First of all you must read the rules, you cannot use the Google translator, It is what the rules say.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/207-general-rules-of-cryptotalkorg-forum-official/

Improve the grammar, as a user said in a post in the first days of this forum, what really matters is that the message is understood.

The Cryptotalk forum is quite flexible, technical English is not required to participate, but if you do not know how to express your ideas or knowledge, it happens that you will do poorly even if English is your native language

I am agree with you ,what you need is here is to express your thoughts properly because if you use wrong and poor words then the essence of interaction will be disappear .You can learn this by simply observing then practicing.It will not handy all your time investment will grant you big reward.

• Useful or interesting 1

Topics which are not clearly pronounced and are written in some different languages then that are left unanswered by many members as those are just keot to understand the topic by rewriting it. I think that if it will be clearly written it will be helpful for all.

• +1 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, Raqeebzy said:

Most of us here, our local language is not English or Russian. So many uses translators to translate languages before posting, it is not always because they don't know what to say but how to say it. 

You are right and I get what you are trying to talk about but some people are just spammers and some uses bots to post. Or, did you think people do not use bots, even it will help translate. 

On 3/25/2020 at 7:04 AM, Wilmer Garcia said:

My friend thank you for this advice
But I want to add something that some members already have a basic English language, so they cannot face what they wrote so we have difficulty understanding what they write

On 3/25/2020 at 8:04 PM, Wilmer Garcia said:

I have noticed some post , they are using google translated words only for them to translate it, that is the thing that other forum such as bitcointalk bans those who translate the texts by the means of google because it is not well translated and many words are not exact to its meaning.

Same Problem here English is not may native language which is very hard at first but you will probably get used to it when the time passed, Try using Dictionary I normally use dictionary for checking the meaning of every word that I used.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

Your right,there are lots of misunderstanding here in this forum,basically because we are from different countries and we have our own language. And some are having trouble explaining their point,and some translator,like google are not accurate in translating sentence or paragraphs so the only thing we need is understand and respect other members.