Protecting your crypto - Page 17 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

2 hours ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, this is good for you mate just make sure that your wallet is highly secured for the hackers here in internet and if you have that thing, this is sure that it has no problem in the future.

The most important thing is not to behave strangely in the internet world, by clicking on vague links and participating in investments that have no clear future prospects.

yes they are all excellent advice, now I show you my strategy to stay safe, I never invest in ico I only do the bounties, from the exchanges I transfer everything to my personal wallet immediately after the transactions, unfortunately the hardware wallets seem too expensive but I use a wallet with 2fa activated

On 10/17/2019 at 12:21 AM, setifien said:

You might have an amount that doesn't attract hackers who try to get access to big wallets with large amount of currencies 

Hackers are after huge amount of money so that even when they make it successful they will will gain 

Good point to for protection from hackers. Always use reputable exchanges, don't open any unknown link, make a printout of your private keys, don't share your personal information with anyone. Stay safe.

In fact, I am using a payeer wallet. It is a safe wallet. Also, you can use the yobit platform for a long time, whether by storing the dollar or the ruba or by investing cryptocurrencies.

On 10/17/2019 at 12:19 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

To be holding the cryptocurrencies to the hardware wallet it depending on how much I'm holding, because I cannot buy hardware wallet for $160 and hold cryptocurrencies worth of $100.

35 minutes ago, marchal87 said:

In fact, I am using a payeer wallet. It is a safe wallet. Also, you can use the yobit platform for a long time, whether by storing the dollar or the ruba or by investing cryptocurrencies.

I'm not using the payeer wallet, but you said that's you are using it, so I want to ask in that wallet are able to deposit and withdraw cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies?

Thank you for sharing that information to us! It is very helpful like me that I usually trade and invest my crypto. I always store it in my wallet. Make sure your wallet is secured and safe.

2 minutes ago, kizz said:

Thank you for sharing that information to us! It is very helpful like me that I usually trade and invest my crypto. I always store it in my wallet. Make sure your wallet is secured and safe.

It's good to store in wallet and trade on exchange, but you must be calculated if it will be profitable for you to deposit and withdraw everyday with fees between exchange and the wallet.

I think another important thing that you can do in order to protect your crypto is to use the two factor authentication system that is available on many sites. This will also ensure that the crypto that you are earnign from various sites is also safe and secure in the meantime, before you withdraw it to your hardware wallet.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

On 3/25/2020 at 6:47 PM, kizz said:

But if your device you are using are very privately and you didn't save your password to google save, your account also will be more secure, so there is no need of hardware wallet if you cannot afford to buy it.

Thank you for these tips. Beginners should see them in the field of encryption. I always recommend not to share personal information and not to work on cloud mining sites because they require confidential information and save money on a portfolio with two-factor authentication

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Continuously use Metamask and equipment wallets like Trezor, Ledger and so forth to affirm your all exchanges. Don't have the foggiest idea about your private keys. A little while ago your recuperation phrases. Try not to snap a picture of it or record to a PC.

Each wallet has two types of keys. The first type is your public key, which is a "address" that you can send to people. The second type of key is the private key. The private key is created the first time you install your wallet and create a recovery sentence and do not share it with anyone.

Your post is a little long, but a lot of useful. Everyone writes in this forum with a very big effort, and we try to get to thirty daily, just in order to invest them later, so we must preserve this money and the cryptocurrency that we earned.

Yes, you are right about this matter. We must be careful about our withdrawal of the currencies that we own. It is possible that all of them will be lost at any time. This matter we must be serious about it. And since you took a look at the issue, take things I must rely on. Thanks for this information, it is useful

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I have two basic rules for keeping my crypto safe. First for storing crypto in exchanges, only store your crypto in trusted exchanges and enable 2fa. Secondly while storing crypto in wallets keep you private key safe and secure. With these precautions i have had no problem with the safety of my assets.

468x60-3.png

I think this is one of the best advice I have heard. Many of the points I didn't understand clearly because I have not come across this terms. Probably in short we must all be very careful and very strong whenever dealing with Crypto.

I agree with you we should always try our best in other to keep our cryptocurrencies safe , we should always research before Investing in any program, and also we shouldn't keep our assets in exchange for long.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

1 hour ago, wrayaner said:
These are good tips to avoid theft and fraud. They try to defraud in every way. They also steal all the currencies from the wallet they are entering. They are dangerous viruses, so be careful and follow available methods to protect ourselves.

Phishing scams usually aim to get people to hand in the details that will give the fraudsters access to money. In the crypto world, the target may be the private keys of the wallets, or perhaps login details to platform accounts.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:26 PM, Dmasked said:

I have two basic rules for keeping my crypto safe. First for storing crypto in exchanges, only store your crypto in trusted exchanges and enable 2fa. Secondly while storing crypto in wallets keep you private key safe and secure. With these precautions i have had no problem with the safety of my assets.

Bad idea if you store assets in exchange, you will understand what I mean if you are one of the victims of a hacker attack on Cryptopia, even if you have activated 2fa, and the hacker attacks the exchange, then all the assets in the exchange are not safe (including your assets that are you save there), and don't use 2fa Google authenticator, because the last time I used it Google authenticator didn't support backup, it's better to use Authy because it supports backup.

Useful tips! There are really too many scammers in this crypto world and we should be aware about this issue! Especially about those who try to steal money from using telegram groups.. I advice everyone not to deal with anyone on telegram..there are too many scammers there.

We can protect our crypto currencies coins or tokens if we used all small measures for it such as strong password and back up files of all passwords and don't share yours password with anyone other wise your account in danger even avoid from your own friends. Because sometimes our own friends hate from our income and try to hack our accounts. 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:43 PM, mdmusa said:

I've always done it in certain ways and lately I've heard more about hardware and cold wallets. Obviously the danger with this is often that it's a really efficient and secure hardware wallet and doesn't cost an excessive amount of . don't access any phishing websites. Preventing you from all when withdrawing early or 2FA. a personal key or any key are going to be easy to open in our digital wallet. it had been not received before and on payment so you'll prevent scandal. differently we should always find the proper place is that if we would like to take a position , we should always take care because many of us want to seek out a simple thanks to make money in order that the scandal can happen. So, a robust password within the mail is additionally important

Yes I think that danger is always visible here in cryptocurrencies so we must learn how to fend off the dangers and mischief of others here in cryptocurrencies. We should help each other by helping them and giving them tips to know what can they do to protect their cryptocurrency. 

Your tips are very good thanks for sharing them with us to help us all protect our money we must be very careful as today there are many methods of scam