Protecting your crypto - Page 12 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

Protecting your crypto

On 10/17/2019 at 2:49 AM, Glossy said:

What are you doing to protect your crypto?

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

Here are some of the rules that help us protect them:

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

2. Don't let your assets stay on exchange too long

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

5. If something seem too good to be true, it is probably scam.

If you have any tips please do not hesitate to share it

Stay safe my friends

If you find this thread helpful feel free to mark is as interesting

Yes the points which you have mentioned are very true and usefull to protect our crypto.many people come and try to contact on telegram telling  they are having some projects and show their plans .once we respond them they want us to send our exchange address and aslo private keys and once we buy the plan then they just block their accounts.

I'm just saving it in online wallet but of course itswa secure wallet and I'm duplicating the info especially the address I have and saving it in soft and hard paper. 

Yeah you provided some great ways to protect our crypto currencies.So thanks for that information.Your post was informative.

1 hour ago, Shanto41 said:

There are many ways to protect our coins, I take various steps to protect my coins from being lost or absent Be careful about choosing projects, analyze the investment in currency, activation dual protection system etc And if you can invest a few thousand dollars, be sure to invest in protecting your computer. Hope you all can protect every one of your assets.

It is also one of the way that we do not invest in a project which is not started by a well reputable project as they may also deceive you and steal your money.

These are the most common remedies to avoid scams or stolling your crypto currencies. But Scammers are more sharper now they have created many new ways to scam peoples, we should aware all of the new ways of scammer in order to avoid scams.

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

I thanks for information also don't store your private keys in online wirte in dairy don't share your private details in unknown sites because some sites selling data.

Thanks for sharing this information, it's really useful. Yes, we should protect our crypto using the best protected wallet. There are many wallets sold online which are locked in the most protected way and those are great to store our coins without any doubt.

On 10/16/2019 at 2:19 PM, Glossy said:

3. Always be careful before investing in ICO - research the team and the project

this has been a big headache, more than 70% ICOs have Fake team, plagiarized Whitepaper and when there is a real team and a real whitepaper find another problem, the team members are freelancers who were found randomly on the internet and are amateurs in real life about the project that the ICO will be announcing

l have stored my crypto in different online wallets that are protected with two factors keys  and visit whenever needed. l have been using such for a long time now without any issue. 

this information is too good. for protecting our coin we should follow this guideline. when we hold we should always use wallet.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, Glossy said:

There is big danger that someone will take your crypto assets from you, so we must be careful in protecting them.

1. If you hodl crypto then use hardware wallet or cold wallet - copy the seed and store it on 2 or 3 safe locations - same with cold wallet

4. Never trust anyone who contacts you on Telegram group and offers you "some great deal"

Stay safe my friends

This information is helpful for many members here, thank you.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I really appreciate that you are sharing such information this is really going to help me protect my own coins. Happy mining to everyone I hope for a continuous increase of bitcoin value.

Don't accidental fall into scams, if impressive is as well help to be constant in crypto it unquestionably is. Promises of free money, generators, incredible miners from no names that are approach outdo than industry standards. It's entirely the constant thing.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:19 AM, Glossy said:

Stay safe my friends

There are many scammers who always try to stole our fund. It’s our responsibility to secure our fund. That's why i use maximum security for my account. I always turn on device and 2 FA security.      

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

Securing wallet is most important thing to do. You have given  a very useful information using that post for beginners on their crypto journey.

To protect my account I only know basics.i just don't share my username and password to anyone.so I just provide 2fa verification for additional security for my account.

I think the best bet is to note down the 24 words from hardware wallet on a pc or device that never connect on internet and make an archive with a password protected and put it on a cloud service or on email and if have and extra word added to passphrase to keep it in mind so can recover it and also even if someone get pass for archive they can't recover wallet without extra word.

I hope there was a special section on the Security Forum that could be a reference for people who adhere to these important rules. Security is one of the most important things in the world of crypto, and it is especially important to warn people about protecting themselves from theft and hacking

On 10/17/2019 at 2:19 AM, Glossy said:

Stay safe my friends

I have kept currencies in some exchanges and hot wallet too. But I am very careful for their security. I have enabled 2FA and strong passwords. Also I do not ever reply to unknown persons anywhere in social platforms or telegram or discord type media.

I think even hardware wallets are a risk, I used to have bitcoins sometime back, and I had electrum wallet, so just to test I recreated the new wallet and let it sync, but even after syncing it didnt show the true balance. I am not saying it cannot be fixed,  but all these issues gives real scare to the bitcoin owner.

Seems like normal advice. I've for eternity ended possessions a clear road and lately I've heard further and further about hardware and chilly wallets. The chance with this evidently is if an important person cracks one they container crack them altogether that are plugged in and this scares me. But gratitude for the satisfactory advice...
Another statement is reliable antivirus/malware/firewall. I previously got software on my laptop called bankfinder and it emptied every one of my offline wallets to 0. Not good.