The difference between Ethereum and Ether. - Page 7 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

The difference between Ethereum and Ether.

I really don't seam to see any differences thier because i also notice that Ethereum is also called the alth coin this past days yhis probably means the alternative coin to bitcoin posibly.

I am sure there will be a lot of people confusing Ethereum and Ether. Those are 2 terms that refer to 2 coins, it's similarly confusing. In fact, I think ethereum is more popular and has a higher status, it is also mentioned more often.

On 4/1/2020 at 9:54 PM, Faisialseeri said:

As indicated by me that there is no any contrast among Ethereum and Ether. Both are same coin. Ether is short type of Ethereum. Someone called Ethereum in short structure Ether.

The name of the digital currency is ether if the name of the wallet platform that holds eth is ethereum. I think this is different depending on the situation when one of the questions or statements.

Ether is the name of the cryptocurrency while ethereum is the name referred to when talking about the ether platform. 

Although there is a huge difference between Ethereum and ether there is not much difference Ethereum is a currency Ether is not a smelling chemical It's just a platform to invest in They are dependent on each other Ethereum does not work without Ethereum.

Well the name of coins are confusing in the Crypto field liks Ethereum and ether usdc and usdt/tusd so your information is Very helpful for the people that are newly on this field. I appreciate your effort maybe in future you should come with more post like this.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

Thank you for clarification. The terms here are very complex and need time to be able to tell the difference between them

There is no difference between Ether and Ethereum
Because Ethereum is a coin that owns its own platform or blockchain
And Ether is the abbreviation for Ethereum

Life is great and enjoy it

Well, thanks for sharing this information mate because many members here are being confused about from this two, i hope that you will be continuing helped this forum by posting some quality posts like this. Happy posting.

Ethereum is an open source platform based on blockchain technology, it's a network while ether is the solution to the issue of payment, basically it is the cryptocurrency of ethereum network. Miners works on ethereum network to earn ether.

Thank you for clarifying this point, I suspect that many beginners confuse the two concepts and consider it one concept, a good explanation.

To be honest, I have never thought that there is some difference in these two almost similar words, however it is not so vital difference as it is with bitcoin and blockchain.

Ethereum is the currency we hold and ether is used for transactions. Although there is a difference between the two, there is not much difference. Both are the same. Used for investment. Ethereum is much better and works through blockchain technology.

Wow this post is great , you know when I joined crypto newly I never new of such differences , I do make use of the terms wrongly until I later came to realize the difference, so seeing this makes me happy because I know may newcomers will actually learn from it.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Ethereum is a network of blockchain system like bitcoin blockchain network system and eth coin is the main currency of eth network system. Because each blockchain network system has its own primary currency like bitcoin, xrp has its own blockchain system. Tron also has its own coins trx. 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:41 AM, Jamesnachoog said:

Good explanation you made mare, I think this will give some newbies opportunity to know the difference between the two terms eth and ethereum. Eth is currency while ethereum is a platform that offers smart contract

I think that he give a distinct difference there. Before I thought that ethereum and ether is the same but I am now have knowledge about it and ethereum is the coin or the platform and I think that ether is the abbreviations for the ethereum. 

Ethereum can be the blockchain in which the ether transactions are being stored and no one can modified or have access to it. Ethereum seems to be the storage medium that facilitate the transaction of the ether network

You are right about this, I do the same, but I did not know that there is the same name, but for each and every guest. This is common among people. The matter and what follows is a brief reading of eth, but it is insignificant on the currency to enrich your discussion with someone or to enrich your subject matter.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I was also wondering what is the difference between this two cryptocurrencies? So I checked in Google but I was not fully satisfied with the answer given by the Google . Now after reading so many comments in this post I am quite clear.

I'm doing a little research, and it corroborated your information, and indeed ethereum in the network, the blockchain based on the erc20 protocol, and the other is the token used in this same network for different transactions.

On 5/19/2020 at 1:02 AM, P A Ashif said:

I was also wondering what is the difference between this two cryptocurrencies? So I checked in Google but I was not fully satisfied with the answer given by the Google . Now after reading so many comments in this post I am quite clear.

Yes I think that you are right and because I don't know the answer I am questioning Google about the difference between the two things but I think that Google will not give a definite answer so it is great that we have a forum where we can question other people and they will answer us here. 

I have been too long in crypto sphere but even I didn`t know about this difference. I think that especially newbies don`t even know what it is so this topic will be very useful for them 

really interesting information. didn't know that ether and etherum are different i was using eth, ether ,ethereum and i meant ethereum coin ! thank you for letting us know.

20 hours ago, MarsDota2 said:

Yes, anyone must really know what is the difference between ether and ethereum because other guys are having a false information when they talk about ether and ethereum. If it continues to happen, many newbies will be fool about those two.

You are right, but many people or almost all people that knows the difference still called ether ethereum, but I do read an heard it on news that it is ether, that ethereum is just the platform while the ether is the coin. What makes some people to be confused also is the ethereum classic, it gives a mindset that ether will be ethereum, of which not right. 

On 12/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is an open source platform, network, or decentralized system that offers smart contracts.

Ether is the currency that is used by Ethereum customers and developers, and it has an internal pricing mechanism called the GAS.

But with the common use of terms during speech most of us use the words etherium or ether to express both terms.

I have a question ethereum is coin or platform. Because many people says ethereum is coin like bitcoin and litcoin. So please describe this topic for information.