The difference between Ethereum and Ether. - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

The difference between Ethereum and Ether.

Difference  - Ether is the platform and ETHER is the crypto fuel  or say as cryptocurrency that thrives over it .Ether is bought and sold and not ethereum .Ethereum has various application but ether has only one application like to enables operation on the blockchain.

I don't think there is any different between them, they both refer to the ethereum platform, ether can be consider a short hand to ethereum that is all.

The different between ethereum and ether! Did not seem that different from me before thought it was the same thing, without cryptotalk i might have never known this.

9 minutes ago, moaden said:

But with the common utilize of terms amid discourse most of us utilize the words etherium or ether to precise both terms.

Yes mad that's were we have been mistaken, but still it will be hard for as to change how we have been using the two terms.

hello guys f I am new here and don't know enough about this so please tell me? Please tell me something about this so I just do comment on it....

I think that most person refer to both ethereum and ether to be the same thing so there is really no way person can really differential both of them at any given time.

This is very interesting as Ethereum is Ether and its using online for gas providing to Ethereum its same thing nothing is special so its just confusing for few as they have no information about this as we call satoshi in bitcoin same we have Ethereum and call Ethere for gas its need to be understand just simply so its same nothing special in both coins.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:44 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is the product of the cooperation of about 500 companies working in different fields of technology, gathered together to discuss the consolidation of power and its unification in the development of the Ethereum network. Ethereum is not a currency but a system, and its digital currency is "ether", and the currency is a public open source platform that relies on a series "Blockchain" blocks, and they do a smart contract function that facilitates the conclusion of an online contract that actually simulates traditional contracts, while providing an element of security and trust.

Thank you for this information, your post will very helpful for all newbies and they will better understand the difference between ethereum and ether

On 12/7/2019 at 2:00 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is an open source platform, network, or decentralized system that offers smart contracts.

Ether is the currency that is used by Ethereum customers and developers, and it has an internal pricing mechanism called the GAS.

But with the common use of terms during speech most of us use the words etherium or ether to express both terms.

Many people use one of them to explain the other thanks for the information the newbie will benefit alot in this forum.

It is nearly something very similar , we are discussing the cryptographic money Ethereum. A few people to determine say that Ether is the cash utilized as cash , and Ethereum is where clients can make keen contacts a dapps.

Ethereum is named of blockchain and it's currency is eth because eth is also stand by ethereum so don't worry about eth currently price is very up so wait for crashing of btc eth also down. 

Oh so I mistakenly confused the two. I think Ethereum has abbreviated to ether. I was wrong all this time. Well, thanks for sharing their differences and it really helps.

21 minutes ago, Jesoy said:

Oh so I mistakenly confused the two. I think Ethereum has abbreviated to ether. I was wrong all this time. Well, thanks for sharing their differences and it really helps.

Yes everyone must learn this so that they are not mistaken in making transactions. There are many terms in the crypto world and there are also lots of coins with names and tickers that can sometimes make people distinguish them wrong.

In my opinion, Ethereum and the atmosphere are practically the same. a lot of associates are motto that if Ethereum is a platform afterward the the air currency that we got for functioning on crypto. moreover a arrangement is an added fuel. In the workplace, it takes two as a result one cannot execute the other.

This is good info, it was confuse a lot of people but we have now got our answer.. thank you for sharing.

• -5 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

On 12/7/2019 at 1:00 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is an open source platform, network, or decentralized system that offers smart contracts.

Ether is the currency that is used by Ethereum customers and developers, and it has an internal pricing mechanism called the GAS.

But with the common use of terms during speech most of us use the words etherium or ether to express both terms.

Thank you for this information I thought they were the same but now I can differentiate between the two ether and ethereum. In blockchain I only see ETH 

It is an additional piece of information that we can add to the record of the information that we learn in this forum. If we continue, we say about ether, but at least we understand the difference.

Ethereum was created in 2014 by Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum is a programming language platform on which smart contracts can be executed. Whereas Ether is the smallest unit of Ethereum.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:53 PM, Janifa said:

The difference between Ethereum and Ether is simple, Ether is the abbreviation of Ethereum that still mean the samea thing, also never misunderstand ETH as the abbreviation, because the ETH is the symbol.

You are right, there is no difference between ether and ethereum, ether is just an abbreviation of ethereum I don't know why people are asking this questions, thanks for explaining it to them.

I remember when I first learnt about Ethereum, I used to confuse GAS with Ether, believing they meant the same thing.

Sites like Bitcoin wiki are good for learning about crypto.

Thank you for sharing this important information. Because of the people doesn't know about Etheruem and ether. Now they clear about this metter

They're different? I though they're the same thing. Thanks for the information. 

Just googled it and found this difference about them:

"Ethereum is the platform and Ether is the crypto-fuel or cryptocurrency that thrives over it. Ether is bought & sold and not Ethereum. Ethererum has various applications but Ether has only one application i.e. to enable operations on the blockchain." https://coinsutra.com/ethereum-vs-ether/

I hope it's helpful

There is not much difference between these two angles but I know very little about these two Korans because I have never used two coins.

In the most simplest terms:

Ethereum is what you call the whole network. Ether is the unit of their coins. GAS is Ether used to define payment for fees.