The difference between Ethereum and Ether. - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

The difference between Ethereum and Ether.

15 hours ago, Atreus said:

Ethereum is the name of a blockchain company that has created the digital token ether. But Ethereum and ether are now used interchangeably to refer to the cryptocurrency. Ether is backed by a blockchain, much like bitcoin, but the technology is slightly different and aimed at a specific use case: smart contracts.

They're the same but different at the same time

They are different thing, but if used for each other purposes it is all the same, but they have both different meaning

Ethereum is an altcoin, while Ether is a short form of writing Ethereum, now, I want to tel you not to misunderstand Ether with its symbol. The symbol of Ethereum is ETH.

I hope this helps.

This is a really good information even though I am not an ethereum or ether customer, I though ethereum and ether are just the same, and ether is used by people just to shorten the word ethereum. This really makes me way more knowledgeable about the ethereum and ether coin.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:00 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is an open source platform, network, or decentralized system that offers smart contracts.

Ether is the currency that is used by Ethereum customers and developers, and it has an internal pricing mechanism called the GAS.

But with the common use of terms during speech most of us use the words etherium or ether to express both terms.

In this before i know that ether and ethereum are same. But now i am clear about it and i can also explain it to others.

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

On 12/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is an open source platform, network, or decentralized system that offers smart contracts.

Ether is the currency that is used by Ethereum customers and developers, and it has an internal pricing mechanism called the GAS.

But with the common use of terms during speech most of us use the words etherium or ether to express both terms.

I never knew they were two different things, I have always thought that Ether was like the short cut term for Ethereum. Although people do actually interchange them at times, but these are facts that people, especially those who engage into ethereum should know about.

On 07.12.2019 at 17:37, Laboni said:

In my opinion, Ethereum and Ether are almost the same. Many people are saying that if Ethereum is a platform then the ether currency that we got for working on crypto. Also a network is another fuel. In the workplace, it takes two so one cannot do the other.

I think it's the same thing, too. Ethereum is a coin and the project itself. Ether is a fractional part of the ether. Like Satoshi in bitcoin.

It helps me, well I know eth but I don't have any idea that some currency that is ether, so its confusing how you say it. 

On 12/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Loly said:

Thanks for explanining that point because here many people are confused with these both names and many do not know that the coin of ethereum is ether. 

24 minutes ago, Jone20 said:

I usually see on all internet sites related to electronic currencies, and even exchanges that there is no difference between ethereum and ether. Both names refer to the same work.

If you will see on the ethereum website or ask from their developers then you will find that the name of the platform is ethereum and the name of their coin is ether. 

22 hours ago, Sasaki said:

It helps me, well I know eth but I don't have any idea that some currency that is ether, so its confusing how you say it. 

Ethereum is not a currency but it is a system in which the whole platform is running. It is the name of the project. They have their coin ether. 

27 minutes ago, bigiop said:

The difference between Ethereum and Ether is simple, Ether is the abbreviation of Ethereum that still mean the samea thing, also never misunderstand ETH as the abbreviation, because the ETH is the symbol.

No, I think you have not read the article clearly in which he said that ethereum is the project and everything managing the platform while they have own token which name is ether and ETH is the symbol of ether. 

17 hours ago, Loly said:

I concluded from helpful responses on this topic that bitcoin withdrawals are the highest in terms of fees. Therefore, you should convert to other currencies with lower fees such as ltc, eth, xrp.. 

How are bitcoin withdrawals related to the difference between ether and Ethereum?

10 minutes ago, Muskan5 said:

It is practically a similar thing, we have been discussing the particular cryptocurrency Ethereum. Some individuals to be able to designate point out in which Ether could be the forex employed since funds, and also Ethereum could be the program in which people can cause intelligent associates any apps.

People mixed both of the words because in the start the name ethereum used much more and people forgot the name ether which is the coin name and so now everyone is calling ethereum to the coin.

57 minutes ago, Sumaiya said:

Actually I think ether called Etheruem. Because both are one currency. Really Etheruem is very demandable cryptocurrency

Do Not But No! wrong answer.

Ethereum is the software, the Blockchain Network on which Ether exists. It is the same with Bitcoin, the Network or software on which BTC exists is called BITCOIN CORE.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:21 PM, Sasaki said:

I also get knowledge. mainly in crypto we need to know the real information about any project so that we can invest on those project easily.

As I know that ethereum is blockchain like operational which help in the transaction of all ERC token or coin and ether is one of the coin of this ehtereum chain. I think this is great coin which may cross bitcoin market value in near future.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, Laboni said:

In my opinion, Ethereum and Ether are almost the same. Many people are saying that if Ethereum is a platform then the ether currency that we got for working on crypto. Also a network is another fuel. In the workplace, it takes two so one cannot do the other.

Yes even i think that both ethereum and ether are almost same. Yes may be it can be said that ethereum is a platform and ether is its currency.

i dont know any information about etherium and ether but i know that from waht they say that etherium is stable as of now that they say it would rise up in the crypto market one day so that's why it's worth investing some etherium.

It's just a technical difference. That is, technicians care about this difference, but the average trader does not care about the difference and uses both words for the same meaning and this is normal.

As I would like to think, Ethereum and Ether are nearly the equivalent. Numerous individuals are stating that in the event that Ethereum is a stage, at that point the ether cash that we got for dealing with crypto. Likewise a system is another fuel. In the work environment, it takes two so one can't do the other

On 1/27/2020 at 7:49 PM, stephaniembama said:

so they are basically the same ,,,i don't think there's a big difference beside the abbreviation ,,it's like saying bitcoin and btc ,,,there's really no difference between the two

They are not the same but likely the same. It has both abbreviations and that make it confusing

On 12/7/2019 at 6:44 PM, Loly said:

Ethereum is the product of the cooperation of about 500 companies working in different fields of technology, gathered together to discuss the consolidation of power and its unification in the development of the Ethereum network. Ethereum is not a currency but a system, and its digital currency is "ether", and the currency is a public open source platform that relies on a series "Blockchain" blocks, and they do a smart contract function that facilitates the conclusion of an online contract that actually simulates traditional contracts, while providing an element of security and trust.

Thanks for explaining i invest on ethereum i thought that people called ethereum in short ether but by reading all the postes i knows the difference between these two . Ethereum is not a currency but ether is crypto currency .

I don't think if there have any different between ether and ethereum, but all I know those are the same coins that's so ether is a short name of ethereum

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

I think the difference between Ethereum and Ether is like a student and a school
It means that Ethereum is an open source platform for creating currencies like Ether
Ether is one of the currencies that have been created through the Ethereum platform

• Useful or interesting 1

THINK POSITIVE