Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term? - Page 12 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rakib7970

Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term?

On 4/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, Mishadima said:

Yes you are right so it is much better to hold for long time because that will guarantee you of making good profit in the future but it also depends on the type of coins you have in your wallet. Good luck.

If you trade daily, you can also monitor market prices. So you can take the opportunity at each event. All have risks. 

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282

as you said both of them are risky and it depends to yourself in both of them if you choose wrong coin to but you may lose your mom but guess between long term trading and short time trading, short term is more risky.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 12/19/2019 at 9:21 PM, Luv4me said:

That is a good option of learning, i also make research on both the this forum and on the internet

Sometimes in short-term trading, the possibility of losses is greater than the long-term and depends on many things. The profits I had traded were lost for a short time the way I did if it were long term I could still have something my money wouldn't erode like that.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, melikf78 said:

as you said both of them are risky and it depends to yourself in both of them if you choose wrong coin to but you may lose your mom but guess between long term trading and short time trading, short term is more risky.

Well I also think that short term trading is more dangerous, but as I said you can be both types dangerous if the trader does not know how to trade properly and analyzes and studies the currency he wants to trade on.

The risk of trading is related to the type of currency that you are trading, as some currencies such as Ripple and Dogecoin are best traded in the long term, whereas famous currencies such as Ethereum and Bitcoin are in the same short or medium term trading so that they always make profits from price variables.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Short term trading is more risky, they might be so lucrative though because of the profit return in a short time. Long term trading is alot less risky; you always have all the time for analysis of the market and and other necessary procedures, they can promise high returns too but in slow process, therefore requires more patience.

• +1 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

For me, trading on a daily or short-term basis is more exposed to risk because the prices differ and you may not go in the direction you want. And you have to invest a huge amount of money in order to achieve good profits if it increases by a small percentage. As for the long term analysis of the risks that I do a few and often some deals are what I lose and that is through some surprises that are not challenged except in certain moments.

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I think, In crypto world, every sort of tradings are risky i.e. either short-term or long-term if you are focused to earn more benefits from tradings.Simply remember this basic formula, no risks no benefits which means , you have to be ready to face any sort of risks. 

I believe long term is the most riskier as because you will probabily miss out more on an eventually price higher value where you could sell and gain profit rather than on a short term where u constantly update the site and view how well your investment is going.

That's from my own experience as well by the way 😉

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

When we talk about risk, short term trading or day trading always has more risks associated with them. The day trading operates on daily price fluctuations but in short run it is difficult to know whether the price will rise or not. So there is higher volatility risks in short term trading as the price may go anywhere on the short run.

• +1 2

468x60-3.png

You need to keep the risk in mind too, but you need to see if you can invest in long term as it will work as savings and you won't be able to use the amount and in short term you can make more profits as the market sometimes move very fast, and the risk is too more.

we cant really evaluate which can be most risky , both are equally risky because in a day trade it will be hard for you to account how much you are losing and with no time if you keep on getting into loss then you may lose alot of money without knowing but in long trade you will know how much you are losing, in a day trade you will be keeping your money in any coins that has chance to rise and most people follows signals but i think you will barely be in loss in long trade because most of the people does long trade with top coins only like ETH, BTC, XRP,TRX , soon i think such coins never embarrass us 

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

This actually depends on the coins you want to make use of in the trading field but from my own point of view shirt time trading is more risky for the reason that the Cryptocurrency marketplace is not stable this days meaning price of coins fluctuate a lot which can easily lead someone to great loss if you don't choose popular coins that have potential of rising again in the future.

BetFury                                                   

Every trade has risk, it's just that we can minimize this risk by buying potential coins for short-term or long-term trading, choosing the right time to sell and buy, if it's wrong and the time to sell is incorrect then the risk of loss will be large, because the trader we have to think fast and precisely so there is no risk in trading.

Long time holding is very risk! You will buy some coins and holding them long for a good price. A long holder will not sell for small profits and thats the problem, at the end you will leave all small profits and the price will start to fall then you will lose even that small profit. But a short time holder just needs a small profit because they don't hold for a long time! That means they don't have a large % of risk to lose when the price falls while they holding.  

Short time trading is more risky than long time especially when you don't have good background about the field, short time requires one to be smart and active because you will need to be checking the market where coins are low on price and you will look for another site where the price a bit higher then you will sell there for profit and during that process price might change which can easily lead you to great loss, so I think long time is much better because you will have the opportunity to watch the market and know the right time to trade out the coins. 

• Useful or interesting 1

I think short term trading is more risky then long term trading. It is because in short term you have to look carefully the market. If you miss the moment of stop trading you can get loss. In short term trading time play important role. 

• +3 2

Scalping is more risky i think. Crypto market fluctuations runs very fast and there is a high probability that we will make mistake 4-6 times out of 10 times. But its a good way to make quick profit and its good for low trading balance.

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

On 11/23/2019 at 2:06 AM, rakib7970 said:

I want to know that which one is more risky? Is it short term trading or Long term trading? I know trading is always risky but I want to get sure which one is more risky. It will be easier for me to take decision that how to invest and how much invest if I know that.

Actually both are risky if you picked the to trade on the wrong pair. 
Long term trades shouls be moee focused on coins that are strong in the market. Like bitcoin and ethereum. 
You can also trade btc and eth for short terms, but it is not very profitable because normally, there are just small changes on it's value.
Short term tradings are more risky because it is very exhausting most of the times. You use massive amount of your time on screen, checking for the value to go up. But nothing good happens. 

Long position (Long)

The essence of a long transaction is to buy an asset cheap and sell it expensive. For example, a trader analyzed the current market situation with asset X, which is worth $100, and came to the conclusion that it is now undervalued. To make a profit, a trader needs to buy an asset, for example, in the amount of $1000, that is, 10 units of asset X. If after some time it turns out that the trader was right and asset X really rose in price, for example, to $150, he can sell 10 units of asset X for the amount of $1500. Thus, the net profit of this transaction will be $500.

Long trading itself is quite easy to use, so it is more common among novice traders than short trading. Of course, experienced traders also often use it in their trading strategies.

Short position (short)

As already mentioned, the essence of a short deal is to sell high and buy low. For example, a trader analyzed asset Y, which is worth $100, and came to the conclusion that it is now overvalued. To make a profit, the trader needs to sell an asset for example in the amount of $1000, that is, 10 units of asset Y. If after some time asset Y falls in price, for example, to $50, the trader can buy the same 10 units of asset Y for $500. Thus, after the transaction is completed, the trader will still have the same amount of asset Y in the account, but at the same time he will receive a net profit of $500.

Long-term trading is better if you want to dedicate your time to other things instead of being in front of a screen all day, there are some people who are very disciplined and learn to trade every day but require multiple tools and knowledge to operate In a safe way, if you want to be trading every day, it is good to arbitrage requires less knowledge and is to sell high and buy cheap in the p2p market, this is very interesting since it will allow greater profits and dedicate only a little time daily.

z7K3SYt.png

In the long term it is more risky, but the gains are greater, it is worth taking the risk, always before knowing where one is getting.

Both of them are risky, but for me short is more risky -) I don't know why... may be it depends on the person and your strategy, but I'm more lucky working with long -) 

I think the risk lies in the crypto we buy, if we buy good crypto it can minimize losses, but if we buy the wrong crypto we can have a big risk. Long-term or short-term trading can be profitable, so to minimize risk all you need to do is trade at the right times. When the market is good, you can trade short-term, but when the market is bad, you have to change your strategy for long-term trading.

If for the long term, we should really know about the project, we must read the whitepaper carefully, if the project has good legitimacy, the long term will be better, but if the project is not very clear and only bully, it is better if it is profitable. we have to secure it.