Binance Exchange KYC Leak - Page 4 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptosix

Binance Exchange KYC Leak

On 11/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, cryptosix said:

This has happened in August 2019 and exchanges are forcing to submit KYC for verifying. If these exchanges can't secure our data, then what is the purpose of it. Do you really think the data was hacked by scammers or by the employees of Binance?

How can we trust a Exchange by putting our money with them?

You can read further from this link https://www.coindesk.com/binance-kyc-issue

I later understand from Binance forum that this news isn't true. I planned to be verified on Binance and did checked this out as verification is quite important in localbitcoins to trade. So this news isn't true but have come to find out most fake news are against Binance exchange

We can avoid from kyc issues if exchanges gave us surety that our data is not leaked to the hackers because if they have not secure security system then demand kyc from us. 

this is totally fake bro.

i am using binance app daily but they didn't forced for kyc.

daily withdraw 2 btc is possible without kyc.

no problem. 

On 11/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, SyntaxEr. said:

Yeah, it is 100% fud. About the KYC file they using a third-party service provider who is qualified to do KYC with their system the files of every user are safe because they didn't save any info of it and burnt it to ashes. 

how did you know that they did not save the files? Because they said so? Google collects information on their users and save the data for future use, why would they ask for kyc and not save the data?

Epic Wuz HiR🤤🤤🥵

I do not know who hacked the data, but I never pass verification on exchanges because of such cases, since it is not clear where it will get if the exchange is hacked

I think I've read about this news some time ago. So is it really got leaked? But whatever it is it's really unfortunate for binance to have this kind of problem. Still, binance is very popular among traders.

I really dont like KYC required because i mean its just need when you are dealing with a lot of money or coins , because for me i really like being anonymous in trading. 

1 minute ago, Whydoyoucare said:

I really dont like KYC required because i mean its just need when you are dealing with a lot of money or coins , because for me i really like being anonymous in trading. 

But how do you deal with your legacy then if you come to pass ? Do your relatives know you have an anonymous account with these exchanges ?

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

1 hour ago, Whydoyoucare said:

well we all said goodbye to anonymity when we signed up for cenralised exchanges and there is no going back in this, i think they need to make their data secured so we dont see this sort of hacking again.

This KYC issue is the first reason why I don't like Binance exchange site. Yobit.net exchange site is safe and secure and again it is fast in making transactions but high transactions fee

I do not like the exchange using KYC, for me personal data is something that does not necessarily have to be known. Because I'm afraid personal data can be used for nonsense like fraud and so on.

If these exchanges cannot protect our data, what is the purpose?  Do you really think the data was hacked by scammers or finance employees ?, they didn't even give us cash, which I didn't really agree to join.  I don't believe it at all.  The information I give them will be kept confidential.  How can they compromise our email information?  If it had been me, I would have cared more than anything else.  It wreaked havoc and destroyed their reputation once and forever, but those lucky people who survive and come back from something end up exchanging everything else.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, cryptosix said:

This has happened in August 2019 and exchanges are forcing to submit KYC for verifying. If these exchanges can't secure our data, then what is the purpose of it. Do you really think the data was hacked by scammers or by the employees of Binance?

Some things was wrong because binance claim that they do not hacked any Kyc data. But some one claims that they were hacked. But binance is trusted exchange. So be careful before verify your to scam exchanges just like idax now gone from market. 

Just now, Ariful Rahim said:

I suppose they aren't taking critical their paintings. I assume all statistics around clients are particularly stable on Binance. The binance team said that they didn't store the KYC files of every user so it is impossible to leak. I really hate KYC, I always try to avoid it, I like it much more anonymously. So that I will not lose all my money once exchange is victim by hackers.

For me it depends on the company that asks for KYC. I like for instance my bank to do KYC. Same for very trusted exchanges like Coinbase. If something happens to me my relatives can get access to my account.

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

This is worst thing happend as already most of members of this community dont like to pass kyc and this is not first time happen some time ago we already have this issue with some other crypto related exchange they need to do some more work for safety of this and security of exchange because if this is not handled then surely they are going to lost good number of customers.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:26 PM, cryptosix said:

This is solely the reason why it's not a great idea storing huge funds to hot wallets like in exchanges.

Though if you read the article thoroughly, the KYC hack is still not verified, and Binance still hasn't made a statement confirming the attack. All we had are three persons telling us that the leaked images are from Binance, which needs further confirmation.

If data was leaked, that can be due to the staff of Binance otherwise it can not be possible. Recently Binance has the very secure platform and systems. They store our information very securely and no one would have access to our stored information. 

On 12/3/2019 at 8:35 AM, Lubruselu said:

What's will happen if they force you to verify KYC while you have a balance on that exchange? And they can't allow you to withdraw till you get verified, and the bad thing you don't have ID cards.

It will not be safe again if at all the kyc verification procedure is leaked out because scammers can forge there own way to scam members of the community

21 hours ago, xandwinzo said:

Unbelievable. I think they aren't taking serious their work. How they can compromise our emails data. On the off chance that I were, I would take care more than anything.

i just pray it was not on purpose as it was when facebook leaked user privacy data.

I hope binance dont approve this KYC because most of the users of their platform are more likely to use the exchange without KYC which i really want also. But its binance to decide and its just rumors there is no yet announcement from the exchange.

I am not using Binance exchanger. For this reason I can't say exactly about this metter. But I am very interested to know about this metter

I really don't want to do kyc because in online no guaranteed to leak our data, its binance are any other exchange we avoid to do kyc because crypto transaction are encrypted, then why this exchange wants our personal details in our account, I don't think this exchange need our personal information.

yes i remember this problem , it was a great problem and binance compensate the users because the scammer have stolen a big a mount of BTC , so there is nor an unlimited protection , but we try to protect our information as much as we can , but from time to time some breaches happened , so it is out of our hands although binance is the best but it was hacked like any other platform 

On 11/22/2019 at 7:26 AM, cryptosix said:

for this reason is better to use only a small amount of exchanges and give your identity on just a few of them.

as you can see even one of the securest exchange can be hacked.

but you need to trust them and hope that this will not happen, as i said every exchange that is online can be hacked, of course some are safer than other but there will always a hack chance even if it is a small one