Top10 CyrptoCurrency "Slang" you must know when you entering Crypto Universe. - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
mX4²

Top10 CyrptoCurrency "Slang" you must know when you entering Crypto Universe.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:33 PM, TubigWater said:

add this also, "" Fear of missing out, or FOMO, is described as "a pervasive apprehension that others might be having rewarding experiences from which one is absent". This social anxiety is characterized by "a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing".""

That's not crypto slang, just regular slang. Things like FOMO and OCD are widle used mainstream and not just in the crypto world.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

Thanks for sharing the Top10 CyrptoCurrency "Slang" so that it will make it easier for me to understand the crypto articles that I read, and I believe this post will be very useful for other members

Good posts, friend, these are some of the terms that crypto users use when discussing, whether it's on exchangers, wallets, social media or forums. to be honest, from number 5 to the last, I just knew the meaning because it was very rare to see the term.

Thanks

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:58 PM, yifnt said:

I am used to saying that because it is indeed very suitable for discussion, out of the 10 lists you have provided, I am still not familiar with the numbers 5,6,7 😅

I also didn't hear this type of word till now. I have joined in crypto for three years  and I hear about when to moon from maximum investors.

i think moon and HODL are the most used ones alongside FUD, and fud is actually the worst thing because when this happens a coin could lose lots of its value like what happened with matic coin.

I saw some guy calling the halving half day, and i think it sounds great, so i would like to add this one too, half day, to represent coin halving day.

Some of those words are not familiar for me so this topic is really good and I wish there are still more slangs in the lists because there are still lot of words that I am not familiar with. This is very useful, this will help me to understand the other users posts when they use that words.

First I jumped into the world of crypto currencies, a lot of terms I didn't know, like what is  to the moon? . Thank you for sharing the term slang in crypto world  👍

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

On 11/18/2019 at 4:10 PM, TimopheyKa said:

😁👍
Wow, well, wow what information, very interesting! Thank you bro very much. As it seems to me, this information will be very useful for beginners and professionals to strengthen their knowledge and test the strength of the brain!

Yes, he share good info and in the info i read that about the HODL because holding is the main thing in the crypto coins and i also buy so many coins and i safe them into my wallet and i sell all these coins when the market is going to high and i hope i got good profit this time.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/18/2019 at 5:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

In crypto-world, ‘to the moon’ expression is used to describe that the price of a cryptocurrency is rising off the charts. This is also used as to wish a certain coin that the price of that coin goes so high that it start touching the moon’s surface 🙂 Bitcoiners have also started to use the verb ‘mooning’ which is equivalent to ‘increasing’.

2. When Moon 
Just like the earlier expression, “when moon” is used by the crypto-enthusiasts describing a perfect time when the cryptocurrency prices go up which is the best time for holders of that currency to sell.

3. When Lambo? 
When Lambo is basically a short version of “ When will you buy a Lamborghini?”. This is often said by holders of one currency to another asking that when they will be rich enough to buy a Lamborghini from the cryptocurrency they are having.

4. HODL 
This again one of the very commonly used slang but there is a funny story behind it. In 2013, one member of Bitcoin message board made a type and wrote “I AM HODLING.” where he wanted to say that he is ‘Holding’, despite of abrupt price change.
But the post became very popular and became a meme where people started abbreviating HODL as “hold on for dear life.” Since then, this expression is used to discourage selling of cryptocurrencies when bitcoin price starts falling.

5. Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) 
As the name suggests, Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) is a condition used for people who are extremely obsessed with checking prices of bitcoins or any other crypto-currencies every other minute. The first thing they do after wake up and the last thing they do before going to bed is checking the BTC/USD charts.

6. Bitshaming 
Well this is the era of Millenials and they can give the label of racism, discrimination even in the bitcoin market. Bitshaming is the expression used when a bitcoin holder or HODLER is being mocked for not being rich yet.

7. Nocoiner 
Well, you might have guessed from the name, Nocoiner is used for a person who either doesn’t have any coins at all or sold all the coins he once bought before. Although it can be used for anyone, usually it is used for skeptics or Bitshamers.

8. FUD 
FUD which is an abbreviation of “Fear, uncertainty and doubt,” is not only used in the crypto-world but is used by economists. But in a crypto-world, FUD refers to anything, a negative news report or a blog post that talks about the negative aspects of cryptocurrency with an aim to prevent people from investing in alt-coins.
But since Bitcoiners believe in themselves a lot, they modified the actual abbreviation to “Facts U Dislike”.

9. Alt-coin 
Well if you still don’t know the meaning of Alt-coin, it would be strange, cause either you are no-coiner or you are one of those people that spreads FUDs. ALT-COIN is the short form of Alternative Coins and is used for any other currencies that came after Bitcoins. There are almost 1600+ alt-coins by 2018 and the number is dramatically growing.

10. Rekt 
Rekt is derived from the word “wrecked, and is used for an investor who made a bad investment by selling the cryptocurrency he was holding, a few days before the price of the coins starts going “to the moon”. So, it is said that the investor got rekt.

This short articles originally are taken from full article of Majid Mushtaq,

~All The Cryptocurrency Slang You Need To Know To Call Yourself “Crypto Expert”~ 

For full article please go to the links as given below. 

https://medium.com/futurepia/cryptocurrency-slang-339e6da8de1d

I personally have not encountered these slangs before but they are going to be petty useful once people I interact with in the cryptoworld is going to use these, perhaps in the near future I too will then start using these slangs.

im new here and i found this site is helpful because of some topics are making all of on this forum knowing all we don't know and in terms of earning beginners must have time to read this thread and learn more about this site.

5 hours ago, Moonshad said:

Wow cryptocurrency slang sounds interesting and useful. Cryptocurrency can make someone earn and gain so much money. Through cryptocurrency someone can gain and earn so much money and someone can make their time and effort so productive.

I think for me cryptocurrency slangs is one of the other things makes me interested in crypto.

Edited by guatazoo

3 minutes ago, Shaun101 said:

I use them a lot of times. I know these words. I used that word on the BitCotalk forum. I also use our local chat group. These words help us to communicate.    I use them a lot of times. I know these words. I used that word on the BitCotalk forum. I also use our local chat group. These words help us to communicate.

It's really good that you know.  I know a few words but not all.  I am laugh now reminded of some of my posts after knowing the meaning of the word Rekt and when moon my answer at that time was really not connected. ( lol ) 

Yes, these are terms specific to the cryptocurrency and the field of crypto, and it must be learned in order to understand what this means when reading it

• Useful or interesting 1

THINK POSITIVE

Thank you for this explanation. Indeed, these phrases are very funny and complicated at the same time and difficult for new people to understand, and you have simplified for them .

On 11/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

In crypto-world, ‘to the moon’ expression is used to describe that the price of a cryptocurrency is rising off the charts. This is also used as to wish a certain coin that the price of that coin goes so high that it start touching the moon’s surface 🙂 Bitcoiners have also started to use the verb ‘mooning’ which is equivalent to ‘increasing’.

2. When Moon 
Just like the earlier expression, “when moon” is used by the crypto-enthusiasts describing a perfect time when the cryptocurrency prices go up which is the best time for holders of that currency to sell.

3. When Lambo? 
When Lambo is basically a short version of “ When will you buy a Lamborghini?”. This is often said by holders of one currency to another asking that when they will be rich enough to buy a Lamborghini from the cryptocurrency they are having.

4. HODL 
This again one of the very commonly used slang but there is a funny story behind it. In 2013, one member of Bitcoin message board made a type and wrote “I AM HODLING.” where he wanted to say that he is ‘Holding’, despite of abrupt price change.
But the post became very popular and became a meme where people started abbreviating HODL as “hold on for dear life.” Since then, this expression is used to discourage selling of cryptocurrencies when bitcoin price starts falling.

As the name suggests, Obsessive Cryptocurrency Disorder (OCD) is a condition used for people who are extremely obsessed with checking prices of bitcoins or any other crypto-currencies every other minute. The first thing they do after wake up and the last thing they do before going to bed is checking the BTC/USD charts.

6. Bitshaming 
Well this is the era of Millenials and they can give the label of racism, discrimination even in the bitcoin market. Bitshaming is the expression used when a bitcoin holder or HODLER is being mocked for not being rich yet.

7. Nocoiner 
Well, you might have guessed from the name, Nocoiner is used for a person who either doesn’t have any coins at all or sold all the coins he once bought before. Although it can be used for anyone, usually it is used for skeptics or Bitshamers.

8. FUD 
FUD which is an abbreviation of “Fear, uncertainty and doubt,” is not only used in the crypto-world but is used by economists. But in a crypto-world, FUD refers to anything, a negative news report or a blog post that talks about the negative aspects of cryptocurrency with an aim to prevent people from investing in alt-coins.
But since Bitcoiners believe in themselves a lot, they modified the actual abbreviation to “Facts U Dislike”.

9. Alt-coin 
Well if you still don’t know the meaning of Alt-coin, it would be strange, cause either you are no-coiner or you are one of those people that spreads FUDs. ALT-COIN is the short form of Alternative Coins and is used for any other currencies that came after Bitcoins. There are almost 1600+ alt-coins by 2018 and the number is dramatically growing.

10. Rekt 
Rekt is derived from the word “wrecked, and is used for an investor who made a bad investment by selling the cryptocurrency he was holding, a few days before the price of the coins starts going “to the moon”. So, it is said that the investor got rekt.

~All The Cryptocurrency Slang You Need To Know To Call Yourself “Crypto Expert”~ 

What a great post you have made! There are many of these i have not even heard about. This has really increased my knowledge and it is beneficial for better understanding crypto world.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

2. When Moon 

3. When Lambo? 

4. HODL 

6. Bitshaming 

7. Nocoiner 

8. FUD 

9. Alt-coin 

10. Rekt 

These are some point of crypto. We saw those point maximum time in 2019. Because that time we saw many manipulation in the market. Influencers always recommend top 10 coins for trading.

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

On 11/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

2. When Moon 

3. When Lambo? 

4. HODL 

6. Bitshaming 

7. Nocoiner 

8. FUD 

9. Alt-coin 

10. Rekt 

These ten words use on crypto. But some of them use maximum time on crypto. These are rekt, altcoin, hodl(hold) etc. Also there are some other words which you didn't write on your post.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

One particular terms usually are not common for me and this matter is excellent and also I want you can still find a lot more slangs inside the databases due to the fact you can still find lots of terms that we feel not acquainted with. This is very beneficial, this may aid me to know one other people content if they utilize in which terms.

Finally  I knew what altcoin and other thing I want to know you got a heart , thanks for sharing..

This is a good list of terms explaining the cryptocurrency market. I see a lot of newbies and begginers asking what this and that word or expression means so this will help them

Good to know it, well I knew some of it, that slang word is created by us crypto users for us to be able to easily know a thing if we hear or read some of it, well it is good to know for everyone here especially the newbie starting in crypto.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, mX4² said:

1.To the Moon 

2. When Moon 

3. When Lambo? 

4. HODL 

6. Bitshaming 

7. Nocoiner 

8. FUD 

9. Alt-coin 

10. Rekt 

These are the coins that i have been listening for the first time. but can i go to there and invest there.

These terms are very important and many beginners do not know them even though I have long been in the coding world, but some terms I did not know before. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing this big information, some times when the topic is very long can confuse some members to understand the content, is better when you can introduce just the essential and add the resource link for more details, but thank you for sharing.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif