Allow me to lock my topics - Page 8 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Allow me to lock my topics

Adding this option in order to reduce spam and unverified responses to topics is a valid requirement so that the owner of the post is not subject to deleting the post due to spam by others, but this option was searched for when creating a topic and I did not find and it appears that it is only available to management members

On 12/4/2019 at 2:41 PM, palalu said:

I asked what the relationship between deleted posts had an impact on the topic and what's topic deleted by the admin

I do not think there should be any concern about relationship between deleted posts had an  impact on the topic and what's topic deleted by the admin. Only what you can be concerned about is bow your topic will not be deleted. That is why you should make sure you post under meaningful topics. 

19 minutes ago, Alimhana930 said:

Adding this option in order to reduce spam

You are wrong. How would locking topic reduce spam?

You cannot do this because this forum has rules and moderators who have the right to delete and lock topics. we just need to make a good post and then give up the rest it to the moderator.

21 hours ago, JohanDonne said:

Modirators don't delete the topic on the basis of the useless replies, they delete the topic if it is useless and don't worth to be on the forum, so there is no use to lock any discussion by the writer only.

Its true I don't think topic creators worry about in this issue, because once topic approved and valid for discussion, then its doesn't matter spammers try to do spam through this topic, moderators not deleted those topics so topic creators don't need to lock their topics, moderators automatically lock these topics. when the topic validity expired means no other member gives their reaction.

I don't  think if any topic is been deteled just because of some spam replies, the topic is only deleted when it is useless and also lock  my  topic is not that wasy to get from the officer. 

I'm in agree with you that if you want to lock your post it is valid to be able so you should. But if one do that on his own to many post and many members do the same there will be less post to comment for us. Perhaps you can be able to lock a few of your post and leave the rest open. Like lock 20% of your posts.

Well I can condemned your suggestion unimaginably but if this feature is approved for members or personal use, some people may go beyond the extent and begins to used it in extra legal way or abuse the feature. So the best thing it's should be left for admins of the forum to take final decision on either to lock a topic for further replies or not. Thank you

We have no power to do so becuase this power only depend on Forum authorities.. But you can delete your topic anytime you want but to lock your Topic   you must need to contract with forum Moderator because they will judge if in the topic they find wrong sign then they will lock the topic                 

When you lockup the topic you created just because spammers are posting in it then how can the good contributors post in that topic so it means I has no difference with deleted post since no one can get access to it and what i think should be the best solution to this is that the moderators should penalized anyone found of spamming in any well constructive topic instead of deleting it because deleting it will also affect the number of post of good contributors in that topic.

• +1 1

I think it would be interesting if users would have to close their own open topic on the forum. I think all users should have the right to have at least 500-1000 posts .. We have 2 choices to contact the administration or the moderator or delete the topic I think it is inconvenient and bad

Why someone want to lack is own topic because it was not good to lack your topics because some of people are use to get benefits on your topics so we should not be lock your topics because many people are use to get  benefits from the topic that you have post on the platform so we should not lack our topic.

That is a good suggestion, as locking topics can help from spammers. As spammers copy and paste lots of posts, the credit to the real authors are not conveyed properly. So locking posts can help the real authors keep their topics from used again.

The topic should be followed the ruke gvern the forum. I see It's not something bad where you got banned or your post delete md by admins because of breaking rules of the forum

I am with you at this point there are many people who just copy and paste and this is a very, very annoying thing because the harm is due to the owner of the original post and I ask the moderators to find an algorithm to solve this problem and let my suggestion be that there is a record in which there are similar comments and delete the copied comment and remain the main one.

• Useful or interesting 1

Spamming post is among the reasons why some topics are being deleted from the forum and since spammers are difficult to control then i think it will be much better to allow creator of any valid topic to take part in controlling there topic from spam post by deleting any low quality posts in there topic by that i believe we can reduce number of spam posts in the forum.

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I don't think it is a good idea to give the topic creator the opportunity to lock his/her topics if he wish because many members in this forum prefer to reply to post than creating new one and this can lead to shortage of topics to reply to.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

I think you are correct if you want to lock your post from more comments you can but if you are not allowed you can contact and adminstrator of this forum and he can see if he can lock or not your post. It is the forum that decides this and if you have good excuse it will be done.

I agree with the fact that every content creator should be given the authority to check the comments received so as to filter the spam comments out of their topics. This way it would be helpful for the moderators as well. Deleting a topic just because it has spam comments in it and had been reported is not a fair choice. It would be appreciated if the moderators make useful decision for the same.

• +4 1

That will be the best option when moderator add this but one thing more if they make some changes like when we see the spammers or low quality poster so we have the authority that we can lock them to don't visit my profile and don't have permission to comment on my post so that they will be in trouble and will leave soon the forum without ban.

If a spammer comes to post on your posts simply report it as such, I'm sure the moderators will take appropriate action.

Dear, just go and report the spammers of your posts and I assure you that the moderators will take care not only of deleting their comments but also of sanctioning them.

gracias por la noticia, no entiendo como puede haber usuarios, falta de respeto, sin vergüenza que no puedas hacer un pequeño esfuerzo para hacer las cosas por buen camino.

I don't know if this happens but your post probably gets deleted for other reasons as maybe it is not useful or goes against the rules of the forum. I think you are wrong to think that your post was deleted because you reported spammers.

• +1 1

No forum lets users to lock their topic. I think it will create the problem if such feature really available.  Every users start to lock their topics and forum system may not work at the end.  I think moderators  can only lock our topics now it is just fine. 

I think thats a great idea, allowing us to lock us topic. so that spammers will be mad and live the forum. because spammers are really  the main problem of the forum.