FTX Exchange Acquired Blockfolio For $150M - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ridam

FTX Exchange Acquired Blockfolio For $150M

Last time we saw Binanace acquired the coinmarketcap for an undisclosed amount and the trend keeps going. 

Now It's announced that FTX established only in 2019 and one of the most innovative exchange has bought the Blockfolio for a massive 150M$. Ftx is growing rapid and the already established 6M user base of Blockfolio would help more in the rapid growth.

Blockfolio would act as independent app in coming days respecting the users data and privacy said Moncado.

The CEO of Ftx Sam-Bankman Fried Said that a new trading experience is under development and they are excited to work with them to new and interesting experience for that audience. It means the already innovative exchange is going to be more Innovative.

News source- Link (Click Here)

07-39-56-yQDvfFn.png

Screenshot_2020-08-26-07-41-35-703_com.android.vending.jpg

Edited by Ridam
Small mistake appear
  • Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 1
  • +5 5

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

FTX exchange was initially launched in 2019 but in other hand, Blockfolio is already there since 2014 with more than 6 million engaged users around this world. Clearly, Exchange is looking like to have a rapid pace of engaged users by acquiring Blockfolio in its ecosystem. Binance is already famous for doing activity like this. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I guess it was a good call from blockfolio to sell, there's lots of good competition out there now and i personally changed from Blockfolio to Delta ages ago. Some have already left the delta and moved to more advanced services and i guess those are gold mine for developers now.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

2 hours ago, Whited35 said:

FTX exchange was initially launched in 2019 but in other hand, Blockfolio is already there since 2014 with more than 6 million engaged users around this world. Clearly, Exchange is looking like to have a rapid pace of engaged users by acquiring Blockfolio in its ecosystem. Binance is already famous for doing activity like this. 

I did a mistake while typing, however I corrected the date of launch which is 2019. 

And the total impression per month of Blockfolio is 150M and it's higher than the CMC total page views. Ftx privilege for acquiring Blockfolio would be greater than Binanace acquiring CMC. 

8 minutes ago, BTC Future said:

FTX will manage to become a top exchange next to Coinbase and Binance. 

My only problem with this exchange is that it demands KYC so I'll pass.

Ftx exchange is getting too much hype in coming days for sure. Sure we may see ftx exchange in top 10 exchanges.

Like you I also have kyc problem so I'm not into the exchange upto now.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

I wont lie to you , I dont know what that means but am willing to understand what its all about it could be an opportunity for me, but hey if its a good thing then Cogratulations are in order

• -1 1
  • +1 1

2 hours ago, Mwangi said:

I wont lie to you , I dont know what that means but am willing to understand what its all about it could be an opportunity for me, but hey if its a good thing then Cogratulations are in order

Ok let me tell in simple-

FTX is an exchange that allows Crypto currencies exchange.

And Blockfolio is a portfolio management app and Ftx recently bought Blockfolio for 150M$.

If you don't understand this too, then sorry my friend.

• +1 1

6 hours ago, Ridam said:

I did a mistake while typing, however I corrected the date of launch which is 2019. 

Slight mistake but it is great you have detected to correct that asap. Well, FTX.us is just regulated in the United States. I am extremely curious to notice upcoming move of this exchange. Their marketing strategies are looking aggressive. 

• +5 2

On 8/26/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ridam said:

Ok let me tell in simple-

FTX is an exchange that allows Crypto currencies exchange.

And Blockfolio is a portfolio management app and Ftx recently bought Blockfolio for 150M$.

If you don't understand this too, then sorry my friend.

ok FTX bought Blockfolio corporation for 150 million dollars these kind of news happened in crypto world and ftx exchange now introduces new features and try to make better to link ftx to their exchange .

3 hours ago, Maaz sultan said:

ok FTX bought Blockfolio corporation for 150 million dollars these kind of news happened in crypto world and ftx exchange now introduces new features and try to make better to link ftx to their exchange .

According to my opinion, the purpose of the post is, or let's say that buying blockfolio from the platform means that they are serious about working, and this may give credibility and moral boost to those who want to invest with them.

• +1 2

many exchange platforms in general are trying to expand in the recent period, the competition between them has now become more than just trading volume, but has expanded to dominate sources that are essential to the cryptocurrency community.

On 10/12/2020 at 1:27 AM, Captain Karim said:

many exchange platforms in general are trying to expand in the recent period, the competition between them has now become more than just trading volume, but has expanded to dominate sources that are essential to the cryptocurrency community.

Exactly every Crypto companies are trying to attract huge userbase and as we know FTX is a head in innovation and marketing strategy this moves will help them to be introduced among established userbase of Blockfolio. I believe you are aware about Binance dominance. They have Trust wallet, Swipe cards and WaxirX exchange under their family.

• +3 1

Now there are many website exchange and all they are doing a great effort to attract a lot of members to use their platform, so they are investing in introducing the majority of service, but my question are those website exchange invested well on their security?... is good to have many services for your users, but without protection its zero.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

FTX is a great exchange and i get the withdraw from this exchange and also so many peoples will get the withdraw becasue so many airdrops will come of this exchange and i earn good coins through this exchange.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Wow, this is really cool! I still tend to believe that such decisions, and attempts to buy any sources, can lead to an active take-off of the company! As described in the article, this company is still young, but it has a very large potential, and with this purchase, it can blow up the market altogether!

• +1 1

I don't know how this can help us but it will help FTX probably. Blockfolio is popular but not as popular as coinmarketcap was. Maybe if they market it a lot and make some good changes it will be used and adopted more. Coinmarketcap lately is very bad and they change it constantly making it difficult to use.

• +1 1

Thank you for this good information. It is importnat because it shows that major crypto companies want to keep evolving and help the matter grow more and they try to make the best for their businesses. I didn't know FTX exchange and if they made this purchase this means they are a very big one perhaps similar to Yobit.

FTX was that ceo that wanted to revive Sushi? Well he failed there, and giving 150 million for Blockfolio feels a lot too. I don't use any of these services and maybe they can make it better and help each other but the deal of binance with coinmarketcap is more important in my opinion.

• +1 1

I see FTX moving at a steady pace and promising it will be close to the best exchange platforms in the world, not only in the crypto market, but in many global markets, I read news a few days ago that FTX intends to add trading some American stocks such as Apple and Amazon in exchange for bitcoin And this step no one has taken before.

• +3 1

FTX seems to be well connected in the crypto world. It can become a big exchange. I have not used blockfolio ever but there seem to be many users but I don't know if it has active users or just members that signed up and never used it. I have never visited it either. Maybe it was overpriced and the deal of Binance with coinmarketcap could be a better one from this.

• +2 1

FTX is becoming one of the top exchanges but it has some strange tokens created that react very strange, they were used in Binance a few months ago like the ETH up and ETh down tokens and there were many users that seen them as scam tokens. I don't know how they are used but I don't like very complicated investment products. They are red flags.

• +3 1

FTX is a registered legal company, although since it is based in the Carribean, there is no need for the exchange to be regulated, therefore there isn't much international protection in place, so you do have to rely on the company a bit here.

• +1 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

I am feel it was a good deal but for blockfolio side and a bad purchace for FTX. If I was on blockfolio I will be still dancing and drinking for the 150 millions sold for a website and mobile app that is used by very few people.

I don't think blockfolio had six million users especially not as a userbase. This is probably the total population interested in cryptocurrencies ever until today. So this number is obviously fake as is a lot of the numbers in crypto.

37 minutes ago, annayks said:

. This is probably the total population interested in cryptocurrencies ever until today. So this number is obviously fake as is a lot of the numbers in crypto.

@annayks  I think you are outdated with the Crypto world and didn't know how fast the Market is evolving day by day. You can look at this Article, the Binanace has 30M+ userbase and you are saying the total interested people in Crypto is 6M ever until today 🤣.

Blockfolio has 1M + downloads on Android only (Playstore shows 1M+ for downloads ranging from 1M-10M). The app is available for desktop user and Apple so you should count that too.

• +1 1

FTX is the Alameda exchange? The guy that would save the Sushi right? Too many connections and not looking ok to me. I don't think that FTX will become too big and there are reasons. First of all the location it is based in some Caribbean Island so I wouldn't feel ok to invest with it. Maybe will be great to help the mexican cartels and other operations the Caribbean Islands are famous for their financial institutions.

Edited by kryptonick
  • +2 1