KYC or not - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

KYC or not

Depends on the platforms asking for it and how it will ne use for their companies. If it's trusted exchanges sites such as coinbase, binance, or blockchain itself then I could finally give my kyc to it without worrying about my identity being compromised. 

7 hours ago, Hasan420 said:

I prefer to keep my identity a secret rather than kyc for fear that later it will be misused by unscrupulous individuals

Yeah friend. I also don't fear to give my information to a good and honest company. but most of the companies now sell our informations.  so should think first before doing kyc.

Bengali?

View this Topic

KYC became a norm after anti money-laundering legislation came to the effect. For now, no payment processing entity will work with a company being an exchange if there is no KYC.

Doing KYC is good too because it is for your protection and security of the platform to prevent fraud people to enter their platform.

Usually I am also not like doing KYC. This is very annoying and time consuming. In addition to the various exchange sites in Mai, many other sites are asked to do KYC. I think it's not a problem, though. I don't do it myself. But it helps to increase the security of those sites.

I hate it but i have done it not less than 20 times just to collect some Airdrops from exchanges, i did get the Airdrops but I don't know about my datas

I hate KYC, You put your all information and they get your personal information so I don't like that KYC. Can use as a dummy account, can use to hack other account in other wallets.

I hate KYC, I go for exchanges with out it, exchanging my personal information on the internet is just wrong, cryptocurrency are meant to be anonymous and private, KYC don't belong in the cryptocurrency world.

KYC is the barrier for us. I am a student I have the only student id card. But in kyc process they need passport. But passport is not available at most the time and we get unable to participate in maximum time. So I am against of kyc.

When I worked on the bounty campaign and when it was over they turned out to tell me they had to do KYC to get paid, there I felt cheated and of course if I got a large enough payment then I was forced to do KYC. The bounty campaign should notify hunters at the start of KYC regulations

I think the same. when we choose the site we are always made difficult and even I do not want to sell my main savings to anyone if that site is not true.

Well i do always avoid kyc required platforms, well in crypto this is not really needed at all. kyc platforms or exchanges there is a possibility of them imposing your whole personal agenda in the public community. i think KYC is really just needed if your doing a big transactions. 

I do not like when I am offered to undergo verification on the identity. For me, it just kills all the anonymity of the cryptocurrency, plus it seems to me that our data falls into the wrong hands and goes even to darknet.

I didn't like the KYC process especially in exchange and bounty programs where we need to verify the ID card and we give them our information which is stored online which is so risky. So I always try to avoid the process.

I usually never use services that need KYC identification, as nothing in this world , what is created by man, is not perfect, even the protection of user data from exchanges, etc

Generally, I didn't like the KYC system in exchange and bounty programs because here we put our personal data which is so risky even we don't where is our data used. I always try to avoid KYC.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:46 AM, miskyming said:

I also don't like KYC.. I don't want to give my information to unknown people you know.. It's risky maybe they will use our information to scam people. Many reported fake team in ICOs right?, so who knows scammers use picture of you, that you are part of the team.

You have made a good point, maybe most of the scam businesses have fake teams and the IDs of the whole team is made from peoples IDs the info provided in KYC.

In my opinion it is bad. we don't know what next they will do with our personal details because they can sell it to another person. I heard that in the darkweb, the personal details were being sold for money.

Edited by Naylor89

⚱️Take Up TO 3500 ETH NOW⚱️

For starting You Need Only 0.08 ETH

I don't mind to complete KYC, but I will only do KYC in the recommended website or the website which have a good reputation so I don't have to afraid for the bad things that might happen. I already complete the KYC process in the exchanges, and I don't think that they will let the customer data leak by the hacker. I am sure that they will protect the customer data by using high-level security so their member can satisfy and feel safe to send the document. I agree that we need to be careful in sending the document because once a third party or unknown person have stolen our document, that will be too risky for us.

For me, KYC is good in terms if security and to avoid some scammers to that particularly platform that needs a kYC, this is have an negative sight like giving information to them which is not good but if this platform are seems like legit and they are giving profit for real its okay to do KYC.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

To be frank I do not like doing KYC at all and never did it.

I wonder what are your thoughts on this issue.

If I depend on which exchange we list. We must know about the exchange and its reputation. KYC usage is indeed very risky with our personal data. Fear of being misused by irresponsible parties.

I must own up document equally never enjoy KYC the moment signing up fabulous resources still there isn't anything i often implement as constantly a good quality resource will want KYC, for that reason you decide to do KYC you need to link up with which usually resources and additionally experience any prizes.

I try not to use exchanges that require for their use or for withdrawal of money user identification, as now no one can be trusted, even verified exchanges.

Without privacy its like someone is in your home for sneaking and robbery. So why can we put trust in that case of kyc. Thank you for bringing this use full topic in our knowledge.

I recommend you will as they do not want others and probably do distribute your data to make sure you many people so, who make certain how the doesn't necessarily appear and additionally declare that this is exactly for use on your cover, but you this approach for those manipulate about you will and additionally look after individuals