KYC or not - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

KYC or not

14 hours ago, Glossy said:

The biggest problem in bounties is when say they don't require KYC, but they change the rules and in the end demand KYC to claim the tokens.

They do as per their wishes and most of them won't pay after  ICO and for avoiding they start to force KYC. These ICO's have became scams in the end as the price of token too falled down.

Don't trust ICO and don't offer KYC to them as they can sell your data to scammers.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

To be frank I do not like doing KYC at all and never did it.

I wonder what are your thoughts on this issue.

Kyc is good when it comes to using it to chase away scammer, and it a way of knowing the person you want to deal with.

I'm not sure i like or hate it but, what are the requirement for KYC that could make one hate using KYC, EVRYBODY seems to not like KYC even McAfee

On 10/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

I also don't like KYC because they could misuse our personal data. Because if there is a bounty or airdrop asking for my kyc I will never join. But there is a local exchange in my country that is asking for kyc so inevitably I have to fill it in to be able to convert bitcoin to fiat currency.

I also don't like KYC.. I don't want to give my information to unknown people you know.. It's risky maybe they will use our information to scam people. Many reported fake team in ICOs right?, so who knows scammers use picture of you, that you are part of the team.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

Depends on the context. For example, a centralized exchange definitely needs a KYC for compliance, and this depends on the jurisdiction and whether fiat money is made available. Fiat money always requires a KYC.

6 hours ago, cryptosix said:

They do as per their wishes and most of them won't pay after  ICO and for avoiding they start to force KYC. These ICO's have became scams in the end as the price of token too falled down.

Don't trust ICO and don't offer KYC to them as they can sell your data to scammers.

Of course, they are almost always scam... So few good ICO's that it is better to play lottery ticket then to participate in ICO 😄 Chances are 1:1000

1 hour ago, Zeela said:

Is possible, we have people that can manipulate documents and pass verifications. But I haven't came across anyone yet. But without KYC, there will be scam everywhere.

Yes from one side companies are using ICO as a way to ensure that one person won't participate more then once, because there are scammer bounty hunters who make tousands accounts and then enroll in ICO. From other side there are scammer companies that just take ICO data, tell everyone that project didn't pass softcap, and then sell bounty hunters and investors data on black market.

2 minutes ago, Glossy said:

Of course, they are almost always scam... So few good ICO's that it is better to play lottery ticket then to participate in ICO 😄 Chances are 1:1000

LOL you make me more laugh at this time. I haven't seen any Good ICO, but seen most good players from worldwide and they went into scam. I got coins and hold for them, but now the price is  at bottom.

for me the worst part of doing a KYC is that exchanges don't accept KYC from residents of my country at all, so I prefer to use exchanges that don't need KYC at all like yobit

i also never tried doing any kyc but i think its the central bank's order to do kyc when some kind of money is involved in online world.all i can say is i don't think that is necessary in most of the sites like in exchanges or airdrops. why they even need it. i can believe if a exchange ask me about doing my KYC but why them.

15 minutes ago, Zeela said:

This is absolutely right. So is there any solution to that? How can we detect fake documents? Something should be put in order to fish them out.

I don't really know how to detect fake documents, if someone is good in Photoshop it would be really hard to detect. Bzt thats why some of the companies demand that person takes photograph with hid documents in his hand. It is harder to fake photo like this.

it is risk to give your real identity for other men (site or company) they can use your identity in cypercrime or arnak or scam affair or buy your identity to company of data

• Useful or interesting 1

3 hours ago, fimolof said:

it is risk to give your real identity for other men (site or company) they can use your identity in cypercrime or arnak or scam affair or buy your identity to company of data

That is exact what I fear the most when giving KYC data to the company. If they sell the data who knows what will the guys who bought it do with this.

8 minutes ago, Makemoneybtc said:

Big companies, like well known exchanges would never do that but you must be careful with airdrops and ICOs that are asking for KYC because you never know who is behind those projects 

Of course you can never know what are intentions of these people. If they use KYC data that they acquired from investors and customers to do some criminal activity it can cause people that gave their data great trouble.

1 hour ago, Glossy said:

That is exact what I fear the most when giving KYC data to the company. If they sell the data who knows what will the guys who bought it do with this.

On a decentralized exchange, only you have access to your account and your data. No one can limit your trading experience. I'm talking about a decentralized exchange on DPOS blockchain, for example XBTS DEX exchange 

On 10/18/2019 at 6:08 PM, Glossy said:

There are bounty campaigns that don't require kyc at first. But, when distribution comes they change their rules and require bounty participants to do kyc or else you won't be able to get your reward. I have tried doing kyc because I don't have a choice. Still, I got worthless coin. Since then, I never do kyc. I don't mind if they don't distribute my reward as long as my identity is safe.

There are some risk factors in doing KYC.  In some point they could possibly violate our privacy and bargain our data. Projects can go even without providing our personal information. 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:18 AM, Zzoro6110 said:

I like you because they do not like me and may sell your information to others who guarantee that this does not happen and claim that this is for your protection, but the truth is this for the control of you and protect them

On 18.10.2019 at 21:08, Glossy said:

Of course I never pass the KYC on different sites, that I consider to be strange... But there is some procedure on different services and I pass it. Sometimes it has its good sides. 

On 19.10.2019 at 1:47 PM, Glossy said:

I'm just curious  - did somebody tried to give fake KYC documents? I wonder if that could be enough to pass the KYC. I do not plan to do it, I'm just wondering if that is possible.

Do you think it is a good idea to provide untrue data especially if it is a stock exchange on which you trade and on which you have money? Assuming you provide unreliable data and the Exchange administration finds the same data on the Internet, you may have serious problems

27 minutes ago, ghazi1984 said:

Sometimes greed takes me, but I am sure that they sell our privacy and personal information.

To be honest i also scared about that. I'm afraid they will sell our privacy and personal information out there because i saw an article about there is a seller information on deep web and it might be one of ours.

On 18.10.2019 at 21:08, Glossy said:

The verification procedure is now required on a large number of exchanges, but there are those exchanges on which verification is not necessary at all! If you are a trader or investor in a crypto and want to buy some kind of asset, then the 50x exchange is for you! You can see what kind of exchange is in my body signature! There will be questions write in a personal!