KYC or not - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Glossy

KYC or not

2 hours ago, micdoctcol said:

I passed KYC at blockchain.com and they gave me the promised$ 25 in true I had to wait a month. I think that it is possible to pass the KYC if the office is not Scam, what they can do with a photo of my docks? Take the credit?

if the company is a solid one you can be most likely sure that they wont misuse your documents, but they still may share your information with the governments and I don't like that

Cryptocurrency transactions must be anonymous and unavailable for tracking. But since regulators are preoccupied with the problem of cybercrime, it is just the anonymity that causes them intolerable migraines. That is why now the need to undergo verification on cryptocurrency exchanges is becoming increasingly common.

pxf.jpg

I am very negative about this procedure, using KYC exchanges break the primary goal of creating a cryptocurrency, this is anonymity. it is clear that here the state plays a role and not a small one, but nevertheless personal data on the network have not led to anything good

On 10/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

To be frank I do not like doing KYC at all and never did it.

I wonder what are your thoughts on this issue.

Actually doing KYC is required buy the government to combat fraud and money laundering. But if you are just a small trader with limited capability to withdraw 2 BTC daily some big exchange was not requiring KYC just like Binance. BTW back to the topic IMHO, im just okey with KYC but very limited in different situation.

15 hours ago, Dguy said:

That's right one can end up locked in a prison from an unknown crime done with out his knowing or presence

There were many cases of identity theft where guys from which identity was stolen had many problems because of identity theft.

15 hours ago, Dguy said:

That's right one can end up locked in a prison from an unknown crime done with out his knowing or presence

yes exactly!i remember february 2018 when more than 4000 ID were hacked from binance and hackers made telegram groups and posted all the ID so any one of these could be in trouble.

1 minute ago, titunche said:

Many use photoshop and also prachaniwet. But from time to time. And when funny things happen and they need to prove their identity, that's where the problems begin. 

I can imagine:) Specially if they did some bad Photoshop modifications on their photographs, so companies saw that photos were fake.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, Mananabasvalin said:

I don't want kyc or what you called know your client in every bounty why? Simply because why should we give our personal identity to those persons who are we really not yet know. And as I notice all of the bounty that I joined that requires a kyc become failed.

This is make bounty hunter sad most even a project which can not last for a good one year would request for it and too away information about you. Kyc is not a good step often 

On 10/19/2019 at 1:08 AM, Glossy said:

Do you guys usually avoid doing KYC when registering on exchanges and doing bounties?

Actually I don't like to do KYC, but this has become a standard rule so I was forced to do it. Usually I only do KYC on exchanges that are already trusted, and avoid KYC to get Airdrop from unclear projects

1 minute ago, Dayak kota said:

KYC is a principle applied by to find out the identity of customers, monitor customer transaction activities including reporting suspicious transactions and it is the company's obligation to implement them.

Yes, that is true, but the problem is that if we give our data to people who are not responsible, they can use or sell our data for their benefit and can harm us. especially if he uses it for evil, this is very dangerous

no i am not interested in the bounties, i am just registering on the exchange and doing trading as well holding the different type of coins and i am happy with this business, its payment me good income..

Hard Worker 😎😎

No to KYC, just another way for institutions to spy on you, if you value your privacy staying away from KYC exchanges is the best thing to do, more and more decentralize exchanges are coming into the crypto market soon nobody will trade on centralize exchanges ending KYC.

I like both of them.I think exchanges like Binance should take it but bitmex and smiliar to it should not take it.I hope they care about it 😞

4 minutes ago, dehotu said:

I'm going to be honest - at least on the exchanges - I do not see the need for it and if I do in the future, the only Binns probably.

KYC or know your customer is a lot of controversy by users of cryptocurrencies, for big exchanges or projects with high reward ratios, KYC is needed so that there are no scammers or duplicate accounts.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

KYC is the first turn of safety
for now there are many cases when exchange accounts are stolen through logs

KYC is one of good or good proof for customer and other, make see the customer, to leave scammer and other, now many KYC at bounties, airdrop and exchange. KYC now is important at many country for of currencies and for the best future

I will do KYC to trusted exchange, not for bounties. KYC actually is good for both side (the exchange & the user), as long as the exchange company is trusted, transparent and have a legalization.

Always careful to exchange that require KYC. And don't use a fake KYC 🙂

From the exchange that has a strong reputation in the market submitting kyc would be fine just like in KUCOIN, or Binance, but other than these platform, I will be hesitate if I will submit or not. Of course I need to review it first before anything else. 

We must understand that all these projects that require KYC are not public authorities. There are individuals, who, theoretically, can do what they want with the collected data. It's true that it violates the GDPR law, but you can never know.

37 minutes ago, faibalka said:

I can tell. Looking for cursive fonts for photoshop. 10-15 minutes and all is done. And that I'm ignorant. A normal photoshoper do with your docks all you want.

I agree, you need some ingenuity, it’s not so difficult to fake documents, if you know how to use at least a little attachment programs like photoshop, all the more I don’t think that with KYC they check them a lot, the main thing is that the photo in the document matches your selfie

Yes, i hate KYC, too so that's why i have never done any bounty. But  you can try buying other personal information to complete KYC. In market, there are many people sell it. I have been offered but i've never done it.

I think all type of website are doing kyc but i think that its not important if you want to verfy those customer then you verify this customer by email phone and auto location 

i prefer not to do a KYC on some exchange and all activities in cryptocurrency world. what i love in crypto world is  anonymous. so i decide to keep my private data as long as i can,

On 10/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, Glossy said:

do kyc at your own risk, if you think your data will save with them, then do it

if you think not, leave it ! but remember to protect yourself first

11 minutes ago, I-KUN said:

i prefer not to do a KYC on some exchange and all activities in cryptocurrency world. what i love in crypto world is  anonymous. so i decide to keep my private data as long as i can,

nowday, many exchange required to KYC before you can deposit or trading on their exchange to avoid money washing and fraud

3 hours ago, Muneeb said:

KYC is the best option in exchanges but so many exchanges are fake nowadays and they just stole our data and then they close their website. I complete my KYC in so many exchanges but most of exchanges not shutdown their servers and they are 100% scammers.

why KYC is the best option in exchange ? what is the benefits of doing KYC for do ? I don't understand why someone should like to do KYC