Editing your own topic takes too much time - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Editing your own topic takes too much time

On 4/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, johant123 said:

When you write a topic, and you want to edit it immediately (e.g. for correcting spelling errors) you get a warning that you must wait longer before creating a new post. That is strange, because you're not writing a new message, but you're editing a post that already exists.

Not sure if the current "pause between posts" mechanism can be easily adapted, but it would be great if we could edit our posts without having to wait until the pause timer expires.

Anyone else having this same issue?

I already made a few posts and yeah, this limitation is very annonying but I believe Cryptotalk is doing is for anti spam purposes. There is basically the same cooldown for posting and editing already existing posts. We would appreciate if you could decrease the cooldown or explain to us why does it have to have a cooldown at all, staff.

1 hour ago, Maroua said:

I do not have this problem. I am editing immediately after writing and do not need any waiting. Perhaps the problem is specific to your account, just try. Contact with a supervisor to solve this problem for you.

@Maroua @johant123 I just checked and I think I found how does the limit work. There is a two (3 earlier) cooldown for the following:

• Making new posts
  • Making new threads
  • Editing current threads

But this limit doesn't apply to editing current posts, like this one I'm already writing. There is no limitation for that and I can do it over and over. This makes me very confused, why does it apply for threads, but not for posts, it's basically the same function.

Edited by AkaCrafterCZ
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

STAKECUBE - Wallet, staking and shared masternodes

Interest - earn 7.572% annual interest, paid daily

Cloud Mining - lifetime contracts, get 100 GH/S for 4$

Withdrawal - withdraw your coins with NO fees

REGISTER HERE

26 minutes ago, AkaCrafterCZ said:

I already made a few posts and yeah, this limitation is very annonying but I believe Cryptotalk is doing is for anti spam purposes. There is basically the same cooldown for posting and editing already existing posts. We would appreciate if you could decrease the cooldown or explain to us why does it have to have a cooldown at all, staff.

@Maroua @johant123 I just checked and I think I found how does the limit work. There is a two (3 earlier) cooldown for the following:

• Making new posts
  • Making new threads
  • Editing current threads

But this limit doesn't apply to editing current posts, like this one I'm already writing. There is no limitation for that and I can do it over and over. This makes me very confused, why does it apply for threads, but not for posts, it's basically the same function.

You mean that what happens to you is because you write pamphlets and it does not happen when you respond to topics. Mmm, I have not actually tried this matter yet, but this applies when I write a pamphlet, good luck and good profit.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I also created a topic few days ago.There was a spelling mistake in my post I wanted to edit.But I got a lot of time.This isn't good!We are just editing the topic not creating new topic.I think alive admins should take action in and remove the time period for editing a topic or a comment.thanks!

• +1 1

How curious, that does not happen to me, I only edit I put a reason (spelling error) and now, it never gives me a warning, unless they have changed it since yesterday I edited a comment in which I made a mistake in a word and reread it  I noticed.

• +1 1

Yes it's like that all the time when you want to modify your topic you need to wait it's like you add a new topic it's like that but in general i dont use this option all the time if i want to add any information i just quote other comment or comment a new one 

• +1 1

yes you are right just because already you have made a post after that when were going to edit it then you repost it so you have to wait for it as there is a time there between two consecutive

• +1 1

It is strange to me that the warning time does not occur when editing, and every day I have to edit several publications since I get confused when writing or do not give the message I want to give and when editing, it never gives me that warning.

• +1 1

it is like after poosting a comment we have to wait dor atleast 3 minutes to comment again.same way we have to wait for sometimes once we created any topic and to edit it.but i didn't experience it ever

• +1 1

I haven't experienced any such problems with my topic as mostly i write accurate so there is no need for editing and if the problem you faced really exists then i think it should reduce the time because that's the wastage of time.

• +1 1

That's why to evade this such delays, is best to double check your words as to see for mistakes, because I too have this of making some mistake which I see then reviewing my post

• +1 1

I have been analyzing for weeks and I realized that no, the editing of a comment made is not taken as another publication, therefore they cannot restrict the edition due to waiting time.

• +1 1

I think that the system must be taking the edit as a new post and therefore it gives you a time that you need to abide for just like you need to do between two posts. I think that this is good because you can read through your post properly and make corrections. I have not had this problem though and i have generally been able to edit my posts immediately after i put them on here.

• +1 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I completely agree with you, we must have the ability to amend in the first moments and there is no reason to wait for the full publication period.

• +1 1

It's just a small bug probably by the system that thinks you are trying to write a new post and it won't allow you to edit your topic until you wait 3 minutes just like the time you have to wait between posting, hopefully admins already seen this post and will try to solve it soon.

• +1 1

On 4/11/2020 at 11:34 AM, johant123 said:

When you write a topic, and you want to edit it immediately (e.g. for correcting spelling errors) you get a warning that you must wait longer before creating a new post. That is strange, because you're not writing a new message, but you're editing a post that already exists.

Not sure if the current "pause between posts" mechanism can be easily adapted, but it would be great if we could edit our posts without having to wait until the pause timer expires.

Anyone else having this same issue?

Certainly this problem exists for everyone because it is already in the forum system, and indeed it is strange that we need to wait a long time to make an edit to the post as if we are posting a new topic, and I hope that this will be corrected.

• +1 1

On 4/22/2020 at 4:17 PM, Shahud said:

it is like after poosting a comment we have to wait dor atleast 3 minutes to comment again.same way we have to wait for sometimes once we created any topic and to edit it.but i didn't experience it ever

Now if you send a message to any members in the forum from your message box you need to wait until the times finish to send the next message ,So it's every where 

• +1 1

I think there is a difference between amending the topic and deleting it. It takes to delete content and republish 180 seconds. But if you just want to edit, I guess it doesn't require the amount of deletion it takes

• +1 1

I think before publishing a topic you should Check it many times sp that you don't have to edit it after you published it. Like what you said, it takes too much of your time, so the best thing you can do is always double check.

• +1 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, Tine0313 said:

I think before publishing a topic you should Check it many times sp that you don't have to edit it after you published it. Like what you said, it takes too much of your time, so the best thing you can do is always double check.

Well, this is true mate, most members here are being wrong with their spellings so that they need to double check it to be not getting some warning points from moderators, happy posting.

• +1 1

I personally have edited my publications on more than one occasion and I have not had to wait a precise time to be able to edit it I don't know why that happens to you 

4 hours ago, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, this is true mate, most members here are being wrong with their spellings so that they need to double check it to be not getting some warning points from moderators, happy posting.

Of course. When creating a topic they need to be sure on the grammar, spelling such things like that before publishing it because it is hard to edit it out after it published. To lessen the work they need, they should double check it so that they will not receive a warning point from moderators.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, Tine0313 said:

because it is hard to edit it out after it published

Well, when you submitted your posts, there has a option if you want to delete or edit it which is favorable for us because even though you made a mistake for your posts like wrong spelling or grammar, you can actually edit or correct it easily.

• +1 1

Yes.It's same to all.When you posted a topic and meanwhile you wanted to edit it again,but you won't be able to do that.it will show you warning.You need to wait minimum three minutes after you posted the topic to edit it.and if it removes,it will be really good.

• +1 2

Actually this problem is annoying and he talked to me a lot, but in the end I got used to this, it would be nice if the simple problem was solved by the forum development team. I think it is not a technically difficult problem to solve.