Editing your own topic takes too much time - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

Editing your own topic takes too much time

When you write a topic, and you want to edit it immediately (e.g. for correcting spelling errors) you get a warning that you must wait longer before creating a new post. That is strange, because you're not writing a new message, but you're editing a post that already exists.

Not sure if the current "pause between posts" mechanism can be easily adapted, but it would be great if we could edit our posts without having to wait until the pause timer expires.

Anyone else having this same issue?

• Useful or interesting 21
  • +1 11
  • +2 7
  • +3 6
  • +4 3
  • +5 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

I did not deal with this problem because I did not edit my topic after writing it, but I think this time is good in order to give us enough time to read the topic again and correct the error

Same here, I've also made huge errors and luckily got them edited before i got called out for them. 

And at least while back there was still an issue that there are limited times that you can edit your topic. That's was also a inconvenient choice because sometimes the story evolves and it would be great to update it.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • -2 1
  • +1 5
  • +2 3
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

11 minutes ago, Zaino34 said:

I did not deal with this problem because I did not edit my topic after writing it, but I think this time is good in order to give us enough time to read the topic again and correct the error

Yeah, but I don't need five minutes reading time to spot the typos in my own topics ...

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Actually I write and post my posts and comments and I don't receive any warnings. But what I would like to tell you is that you have time to post the right topics out of typos according to the cryptotalk forum rules.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

لكسب

1   https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/8704hg0

2   http://t.me/animalfarm_V2_Bot؟start=470526578

You are right, and I agree with you. We badly need supervisors to stop the time period to amend the post because we most often want to amend the post after publishing it completely because of the note that there are some errors within it

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

I have not faced this problem before but it was good if editing of own posts can be done without having to wait for the timer because if members start to comment it means you can't edit the topic anymore.

• +1 3
  • +2 4

I think it is programmed. Even when you want to edit a topic you have already posted, you have to wait for 180 seconds just like you are making another posts. That should be reviewed by the moderators please. 

• +1 4
  • +2 3

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

It is possible that this problem may be faced by you and some members only, my friend. I often modify my posts after the publishing process completely and there is no time counter for me, as I am adjusting quickly without any problems.

• +1 5
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I face this problem twice, but i didn't waited too long, it was only 79 seconds for me! I think its just like normal, we have to wait 3 minutes to submit another content.

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

This does not happen to me, but I am adjusting directly without any warning message. Something strange is that I have not yet noticed. In fact, this did not happen to me fairly, directly after I noticed what I did.

• +1 4

5 hours ago, Sunilkuma said:

No mate it doesn't take time for me I usually edit my content or my post in the forum and it is instant it doesn't take any more time to do that.

yeah me too, i sometimes do some grammatic mistakes so i need to edit my post because people wouldnt understand some wards, im typing so fast

I think this is because of the Invision nature which is using lots of scripts in this forum. I have tried editing my topics as well and it took longer to load the whole text editor. 

Also the forum should allow about a minute before it will indicate that its been edited already. I posted in the forum and tried editing just a second because of the mispelled word and it already says under it that its been edited.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

23 hours ago, abualez said:

Actually I write and post my posts and comments and I don't receive any warnings. But what I would like to tell you is that you have time to post the right topics out of typos according to the cryptotalk forum rules.

Yes, but there is a difference between posts and topics in this forum.

Editing posts goes immediately, without a time restriction.

But when you edit a topic, you have to wait a (pretty long) time.

That difference doesn't make sense to me.

• +1 3

l face also such as issue, but l use app for that. l mean when l have some wrongs like as you above said spelling errors, or something wrong written. It is corrected automatically. 

• -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

You are right  I also face this issue.  If we want to edit our own topic due to spelling  mistake  or any  other  mistake there should  not time limit  on the same posts. 

• +1 3

This issue is actually making me forget to edit some of my posts, as I have to wait 3 minutes to do so. I think that timer should be removed from editing as it doesn't serve any purpose. Editing is just correcting a post that doesn't count twice in the participation of the campaign.

yes it is. i also found this many times. we make mistakes in spelling due to fast typing and after posting we found mistakes and can't correct it before 3 minutes. but this is the rule. One thing we can do is that we should check our content before posting. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Edit my topic takes little time, what takes my time is wiring the topics. If I write topic with 20 minutes, I will edit it in less than 6 minutes. 

• +1 2

Dear friend i can't face this problem previously because when I post any topic, I do all research and prepare the topic then I submit that's why i post only few topics, without satisfaction i  can't post any topic because I think post only useful content to help our forum members.

• +1 2
  • +2 2

Yes my friend, I had this problem when I wanted to edit the topic that I posted, and I got the same warning that I have to wait longer before creating a new post, but I don't think we can change this feature

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Yes, I was also confused when I saw this problem, someone can already go into your topic and there are errors that can only be fixed after the timer ends.

• +1 2
  • +2 3

The waiting time between post and others post, is adapted also when you write your topic and then you publish it, if you see that you did an error on your topic if you try to edit it immediate  you will get a red message to wait.

• +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I do not have this problem. I am editing immediately after writing and do not need any waiting. Perhaps the problem is specific to your account, just try. Contact with a supervisor to solve this problem for you.

• +1 2