How scammers follow you (in advertising) - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Donslens10

How scammers follow you (in advertising)

I am lucky I don't see any ads in google as I have adblock extension for years and I never wanted to see advertismeents anywhere. I haven't though that I could get scammed from these though and it is good to know that the scammers are now into ads.

• +2 1

As far as I know, turning on the cookies on websites would most likely turn this kind of stuff and not just about bringing you advertisements since it is about the fact that you allow them to have your consent in knowing your data information in their database. It is actually not that kind of fraud where people are getting tricked which results to loss of their assets afterwards. I would say if you are being given an advertisement that you somewhat thought is like talking to you or being repetitive at some point it would be mean that the cookies of that website was turned on by you which gives them the authority to have your data information bypassing your data security since they already have your consent by you saying yes to the confirmation bar.

• +1 1

It is very sad situation and the scammers are even paying for advertising to promote scams. We don't have to trust anyone and not follow advertising or any marketing we see online. But we should know that we can find a lot about the scams and the new projects if we look more carefully.

• +2 1

Scammers are trying every way possible to steal money from everybody. Thanks for this information and we should always remember to avoid them and don't rush in decisions because they want the victims to act fast, so it is always better to think of everything again and take a step back.

• +2 1

On 10/17/2019 at 8:34 PM, Donslens10 said:

Google does not accurately handle this type with respect to cryptocurrencies so be very careful and selective with this type of advertising

Google is doing their thing it is all big online companies that blocked crypto advertising and even Dorsey's twitter has done the same. They are playing some games here and I would like some more honesty from twitter too. Google look to me that these are their final years. Anything can be better from google but they just don't try.

• +2 1

Scammers will hack the email of those peoples whose invest so much in the market and they again login in the emails and than login to the exchanges. Crypto is the best market in the world and peoples are so much interested in this business and they just wait for the next bull than they invest again in the market.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:34 PM, Donslens10 said:

Normally as usual, google ads chases you through all kinds of means by throwing junk advertising on the topic you are talking about or looking for, so:
In this case they index global information (this is where the plots of hyips, benders, scams "icos" or pishing pages).
For beginners, this is a bit dazzling, but those who do not know easily fall into these traps.
Google does not accurately handle this type with respect to cryptocurrencies so be very careful and selective with this type of advertising, I dare to say that with a single click on a banner of those you can bring viruses or mercenaries to your digital life.

I have no proper idea that how they follow. But they have full kind of knowledge and they scam with us as there are fully legit. And there was a same case that was with me. And I was totally sad at that being scammed by these people.

Also some advertisements like free crypto especially in browser will redirect you to some site upon clicking that would gives you a virus or malware that will cause damage in your computer, and worst case is you have a chance to got hacked. Better to not engage or use adblocker to prevent this from happening, and also improve the security of your account by implementing another layer of security like 2fa.

this also another way that scammers use and as you said we just need to be careful where we click and avoid these ads , lots of people still falling in scam traps daily because of their poor knowledge about the field and not being able to tell the truth from false so it is needed by every beginner to learn well about crypto before starting to invest  and trade on the different exchanges or the ads the promise huge profits because they are just scams and you will lose your money

• +2 1
  • +4 1

Scammers are usually totally stupid but what is this advertising scam you discuss here, I didn't know about this. Do you have an example perhaps to give to us? I'd be more than willing to know. Is is some fake website scam? They do that for many years.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, duncun007 said:

this is why its always safe to not even mention bitcoin or crypto on your social media because you could be targeted and also dont sign up to those scam ico because they can get your email as well.

You have to be careful as scammers have been infiltrating social media to trick people into obtaining their financial and personal information.

This is why experts advice not to click on any ads or suspicious links on your android or PC. The viruses and malicious software can even harm the crypto currency that you have kept in your exchange wallet.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

I get usually scamming advertising mails at my Google account after interacting with crypto they Google monitor and gives us add according to our history. But that can be prevent after taking small steps which is easy always marks the mails spamming and never blindly click any link. 

scammers make false platforms that are investment for cryptocurrencies and you deposit and when your platform never works and they disappear or also in the false airdrops they ask you to deposit a cryptocurrency in this wallet so that your airdrop reaches you but it never reaches you and  they keep your money.

• Useful or interesting 1

This type of traps became known and those who still falling in them should educate themselves about internet and how to use it and stay safe before start to work on it 

Almost all ads contains viruses and bad programs that destroy the device and steal oir information including password and anything stored 

That's wjy we shouldn't store any thing can access to our wallets so in case anything happened we don't lose our money

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Online advertisements are very sketchy and there are many that when you click on them, there is malware or even a virus that could infect your machine. My recommendation is that you do not allow cookies on your websites, as these cookies are able to track what you are looking at in order to create personalized advertisements. Furthermore, if you see an advert that sounds like it is too good to be true, then by rule of thumb it generally is. Everything takes time, and those that promise insane rewards in a short period of time are often scams. Lastly, before clicking on an advert do some research and read reviews on the potential site to see other people's views as well. 

• +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

The AI technology is invented in such a way that if you search anything for one time. Then you are going to see same type of things every where online. The problem of this is that by knowingly or unknowingly if you clicked the ad of any scam site then you will see all scam site. This is a big problem because scammers are using so perfect techniques that before you understand that you are scammed , the scammer have cleared his identities.

• +2 1

The ads or their links may carry malicious software and are harmful and capable of stealing all information from open source computer systems such as computers and laptops, especially when you do not have a security system. Unlike mobile phones, which are characterized by closed systems, and therefore computers, their damage is much greater.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:34 PM, Donslens10 said:

Normally as usual, google ads chases you through all kinds of means by throwing junk advertising on the topic you are talking about or looking for, so:
In this case they index global information (this is where the plots of hyips, benders, scams "icos" or pishing pages).
For beginners, this is a bit dazzling, but those who do not know easily fall into these traps.
Google does not accurately handle this type with respect to cryptocurrencies so be very careful and selective with this type of advertising, I dare to say that with a single click on a banner of those you can bring viruses or mercenaries to your digital life.

You are right because there was someone who were clicking ads without reason, but end of the day it was causing the viruses to his computer and when coping the address in order to withdraw coins, the address was changed by the viruses, so thats means he was sending money to wrong address. 

• +3 1

On 11/15/2020 at 2:03 PM, Chelsbenjamin said:

Hello my mate most of the beginners fell into the trap of the scammers as they will redirect you to a page where they'll say that you'll get free coins these are the most famous traps made by them. The beginners should be aware of this and we all should help them by making contents like these.

But currently there have scammers who can trap expertise also, because they can create the project that's doesn't offer to earn free, but can act like lending platform that's we know lending platforms you earn annually, so you can believe them because they really looks like the legit lending platforms. and sometimes they can show list of legit crypto platforms such as binance, huobi, and acting like they have cooperate with those platforms. 

Edited by joemcgwa
  • +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

On 11/1/2020 at 2:13 PM, Zeshan Khalid said:

This is why experts advice not to click on any ads or suspicious links on your android or PC. The viruses and malicious software can even harm the crypto currency that you have kept in your exchange wallet.

Nowadays the hackers can create a malware which looking like a certain game, so when you dare to download the game, it wouldn't be played and also you'll be already downloaded the virus to your computer. Because I remember about two years ago I was trying to download GTA V from my brother's computer, but unfortunately it was a virus which was destroyed some of files from my brother's computer. 

• +3 1

I never knew that the scammers are following us on the Google ads or some kind of these things I think they were only following us on social media or they are putting some messages privately

On 10/17/2019 at 6:34 PM, Donslens10 said:

Thanks mate for the enlightment, as you are always welcome. Really most of the time, I used to see advertisement in that nature to an extent, if not for God I would have fall victim. thanks once again as indeed, you have done a job well done. Welcome

On 12/30/2020 at 2:20 PM, guatazoo said:

Nowadays the hackers can create a malware which looking like a certain game, so when you dare to download the game, it wouldn't be played and also you'll be already downloaded the virus to your computer. Because I remember about two years ago I was trying to download GTA V from my brother's computer, but unfortunately it was a virus which was destroyed some of files from my brother's computer. 

I've also seen such kind of websites that's when you need to download something, there will have the hidden malware which will be downloaded automatically.

• +2 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link