Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone? - Page 2 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Elton23

Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone?

If you lose a copy of the 2fa code and cannot access it, one way you can do is send a message to the yobit exchange service.

• +2 1

It doesn't appear to make a difference on the off chance that you have 2 distinctive cell phones, one for auth and one for yobit login, it truly has no impact yet it's smarter to reinforcement your 2fa Google auth information to your new cell phone or You can change your 2fa on the off chance that you have the reinforcement key and, at that point put it into your new telephone Google confirmation application which you downloaded from playstore.

• +2 1

On 10/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, Elton23 said:

I have just purchased a new mobile phone. 

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I am trying to figure out how to switch from my old phone to the new one. 

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have experienced this case, but not on the yobit site. You can create an email ticket for your problem. Try to contact the yobit via the telegram admin for a quick response. try to remove check list 2fa on yobit site then recheck to your new smartphone.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, Elton23 said:

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

If you save the private key in your yobit google 2fa you can activate it also to your new phone but if you didnt save it request to the team to disable your 2fa.

I have already done it when i change phone and its not really difficult but you may have keep the key( its a sum of letters and numbers) that you receive from the wallet when you install 2FA the first time. You download 2Fa app, add and give name for example from Binance if you had it befor and write the key given by Binance the first time with the 2FA

you have to disable the authenticator in the old phone if you lost it then you need talk with the sup[port team to get back your account by giving some information.

You need to disable your 2FA on Yobit exchange and go to your New phone and install the google authentication application and activate your 2FA again in yobit, abd it's done it's easy.

If you want my advice use Authy it's a authentication application like Google but you can bring all your code on every device you want 

you are right but if the old phone is lost then I think he should use the recovery key in the google authentication code. if he don't have the key then you can contact with the support team.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Disable the 2FA using your old phone, re-enable it saving the new 2FA seed to your new phone.

You may want to use Aegis authenticator if you have Android, since you'll be able to export next time such data.

Or you can just simply save the new seed somewhere else too (a piece of paper or a text file), because you never know when your phone gets lost or stolen.

Good explanation mate, this is the most simple and yet easy very complex to understand, you explain it so well and i really appreciated this mate. goodjob.

you can use same code to login other device.

if you have key of 2fa then use to authunicator on new phone.

code will be same.

but if you haven't then disable 2fa it will be better

On 10/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Elton23 said:

yes you are right i agreed with you Any Help would be greatly appreciated

11 minutes ago, Janecai said:

You can disable your old 2fa on the old handphone. And you can install it again on a new cellphone. That's the way I think.

yes you are right i agreed with you.You can disable your old 2fa on the old handphone

Simply method is just go to account settings and disable 2fa and if you want to reopen then enabled it in new device.

Also you remember that when applying new 2fa code, it's key copy and should store in the safe place for renewing 2fa later.

I think yobit does not support the Mobile number authenticater bu support 2 facter Authenticater and if we lost our mobile phon or changed our cell phone or can not save the backup then contact with support they can guide you in clear way.

i think when you are about to make 2fa they tell you to save your key just in case you  changed your phone or something they cant help you get your account back.

If your phone is at risk of being stolen then I advice against turning on 2FA because a lost phone will make your Yobit account inaccessible and support can't help you with that.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

On 10/17/2019 at 2:26 PM, Elton23 said:

Just put your sim card to the new phone and install authy or google autheticator More likely all the details will transferred over to your new phone. In any case the old phone are still working just keep it secure as back in case something went wrong.

spacer.png

On 2/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, Huzlerdude said:

Yobit don't give seeds in their wallet, so I don't know what you are talking about. You can change your 2fa anytime you like

And besides, they don't have a seed for every person's account. They might have one big seed that is shared by all of the accounts on yobit. Having too many seed phrases is expensive and would expose the yobit funds that don't belong to the user. Nobody will share the seed phrase with you.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

Do you have a back up of your 2FA in other place? Usually the 2FA or authenticator in your mobile phone will be automatically backed up in your email address that you linked with them. Try using the same email address, it might still have the information about your 2FA.

in similar website with this situations they disable 2fa with requests of customer after request for some info . and they can reenable it 

You can turn off the 2fa on your old mobile phone and again turn it on if you like to use it more in new phone, there are many videos in YouTube regarding this you can watch for further help

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

On 10/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Elton23 said:

If you have this problem so go to your old device and  then login in it disable the 2 factorization security and and login in new device .