Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone? - Page 6 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Elton23

Yobit 2fa and changing mobile phone?

You can change your verification PM to support, but just if you should disable your 2fa from old mobile, 

else they will not help you:(

Push ❤️ and i will too!

Its easy you can change it by scroll ing down to the Authenticator App section, and click Change Phone. A pop-up window will ask you to select which type of mobile operating system you are using, Android or iOS. Switch to your new device. Install and open the Google Authenticator app, then tap Begin setup and Scan barcode

When you use a 2FA autentication, when you link your google account to yobit, it gives you a seed you cant loose. Didnt you copy it on paper or in a txt? this is necesary when you want to change device. 

Yep I have gone through this process many times, easiest way is to actually setup multi factor again with the new phone and deactivate it on the old phone. But there is a an official process as well which is documented by google and works well too, just google it.

You can just copy the secret code for the 2fa fromt the old phone and move them to the new phone, this is the easiest way to do it and you can do this for a the secrets 2fa codes you have on your old phone.

You must have the codes saved to be able to make the change, it is a security measure that you must comply with, if you do not have the codes you must request help from the support, most likely you will lose the previous information it is as if you created that user again

On 10/16/2019 at 11:26 PM, Elton23 said:

I have just purchased a new mobile phone. 

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I am trying to figure out how to switch from my old phone to the new one. 

Has anyone experience of doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Disengage your old 2fa and reactivate it with your new phone and that's it ... yobit.net is excellent ...😉

If your old phone is still active then disable it in that phone.Then log in to your new phone and set 2fa again.Thats easy.But if you ever losted your old phone then you couldn't recover it.So keep that secret code ij somewhere safe i suggest.

You need to copy the 2FA authentication recovery code and paste it into the new phone and with that you will transfer your 2FA to the new phone

On 10/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, Elton23 said:

The problem I have is on Yobit, I use 2fa with Google Authenticator on my old mobile.

I've already facing with that issue before and yobit was helping me with that by giving you a form to fill in, and your google 2fa will be disabled once you fill the given form.  

• +3 1

Scan code on authenticator app by using newly bought phone. Your all codes are just imported & You'll be seeing your Yobit authentication there too.Try my method because it works in the most of the situation friends.

• +2 1

On 11/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, guatazoo said:

I've already facing with that issue before and yobit was helping me with that by giving you a form to fill in, and your google 2fa will be disabled once you fill the given form.  

But yobit were supposed to link this button of requesting 2fa authenticator disabling option, because it is not visible on yobit page but in order to got that link you must contact them.

• +3 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

Yes 2fa yobit exchange is the successful in new technology mobile phone.but they can not b exsas the old version mobile phone technology .so there are big problem for the many people.

On 11/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, guatazoo said:

But the questions thats they will be asking from that form is very hard somehow, because they asking the questions of some details of your previously phone such as, previously chrome build number android of your previouly phone and the IP address of you previously phone.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

On 10/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Elton23 said:

I can't understand what is 2fa and I never faced this. I never use 2fa on mobile I also changed my mobile but I never face any change in it. It is showing the same yobit that was showing in my old mobile. I think you might had done a setting in your old mobile that's why they showed you this and now you also have to do some  setting on your new mobile then you can see this option.

Usually the 2FA or authenticator in your mobile phone will be automatically backed up in your email address that you linked with them, try using the same email address.

• +3 1

I think before changing the account you need to remove the 2fa from the device or website you are using after that you should change your device and re in able that service

Hey mate, thanks for you question about 2fa problem, solution is very easy mate, first disable your old mobile 2fa security than you can add again 2fa security to your new phone before that you can download 2fa authenticate apps from the play store, I hope you will understand my idea.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿Instagram🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

First of all find the qr code or the seed which given by the yobit if you have this so request to the support and enable new 2fa with new seed.

It's not big deal dear just disable the 2fa security from your old phone and then re-enable the 2fa in your new phone then try it on the other hand you should have the ageis authenticator , since you will be able to export your such data. 

I think you can just copy the secret code from the phone to 2F. The easiest way to do this is this and you can do it for the 2 sec privacy you have on your old phone.

• Useful or interesting 1

I hope you can hit the best phone for the best price, but why didn't you buy the phone through a platform other than Yobit? Everyone knows that Yobit takes a high commission on transfers, and this will increase the price of your phone in one way or another because you will add the value of the transfer fee to the price of the phone.

• +3 1

On 10/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, Elton23 said:

If you know all the accounts and password so yes it is possible to recover your account. Your old google Authenticator account open in your new mobile and then try I think your account will be open if you did this.

If you want to use your new mobile phone and any other device then disable two factor verification method in your old device. Login your account in a new device and again enable your two factor verification method. Always try to protect your account and use maximum security for your account protection