How to protect your computer from hidden mining - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jone20

How to protect your computer from hidden mining

Crypto Jacking has become one of the biggest Internet threats, but most people don't even know what or what to do to protect devices from it.
It is simply the use of other people's computers in mining cryptocurrencies, and hackers do this by sending malicious links to users and when it opens it the mining codes are loaded onto the computer.

How do you know if a site is using your machine in hidden mining?
Once you notice a slow performance in your computer with a high temperature during access to a site, you must suspect this site and start scanning your device.

How to protect your machine from being used in hidden mining operations?
There are a number of measures we can take to protect our devices from cryptocurrency mining the fastest is Relying on Internet browser add-ons that detect the presence of cryptocurrency mining software code, and then prohibit their use of the computer while visiting any website on the browser.

1 hour ago, Jone20 said:

Crypto Jacking has become one of the biggest Internet threats, but most people don't even know what or what to do to protect devices from it.
It is simply the use of other people's computers in mining cryptocurrencies, and hackers do this by sending malicious links to users and when it opens it the mining codes are loaded onto the computer.

Once you notice a slow performance in your computer with a high temperature during access to a site, you must suspect this site and start scanning your device.

There are a number of measures we can take to protect our devices from cryptocurrency mining the fastest is Relying on Internet browser add-ons that detect the presence of cryptocurrency mining software code, and then prohibit their use of the computer while visiting any website on the browser.

Thanks for this informative topic. For me, I personally use Eset Nod32 Anti-virus for my laptop. This software can detect whatever mining malware you have on your computer and I must say it is worth it!

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 2

4 hours ago, Jone20 said:

Is this really a problem anymore? If i remember correctly Mozilla blocked any cryptojacking few years ago in firefox and i would imagine that so did everyone else at least by now.

Edited by rekter
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

I advise you to ensure that your computer does not work in difficult conditions. You just need to open the task manager and see for yourself if there is any strain on the hard drives. If the CPU rolls over, then you need to clean up unnecessary programs. I advise you to use an antivirus.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +4 1

17 hours ago, Jone20 said:

Just download an app detector where they can locate hidden or invisible app that you accidentally downloaded. 

It can help you to solve that kind of problem. 

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

Hidden mining is dangerous and can harm your computer as it uses your computer's resources, as it relies on the device's CPU, and one of the fastest ways to discover this is the easiest way is to check CPU usage.

• Useful or interesting 2

5 hours ago, UT2001 said:

If your computer is secretly mining something I would imagine that its performance and the noise it is generating would be much higher then normal.

Of course, the process for mining is not the main specification that must be a qualified pc, I have tried if the specifications are low then the pc will be mistaken.

Thank you for sharing this useful information, yes some website use  their hidden mining to mine through your computer, and those points you have mentioned they can be the solution, and also we can disable our auto play on our browser.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Hidden mining is a fairly new kind of income but not everyone knows that you should be aware of it. In the meantime, any Internet user can become a victim of cryptojacking  regardless of the device type.

To prevent it,pay attention to redirects,use antivirus or browser protection.

Edited by Ms.o

Adblockers help avoid hidden mining by webpages you visit. Basically u-block extension helps to avoid mining. Also some browsers have already pre-installed anti-mining option and it can be enabled in the settings. Personally I'm fine with any browser and an ad-block with an updated list. They block traffic that has to do with mining all times, as well as almost all ads. Brave browser also stops all mining scripts webpages might use.

I have been using a premium featured antivirus software which comes up with the firewall to protect my access to the specific sites. Antivirus software are generally your life safer and that sort of software help you to secure your holdings from the scammers. 

Edited by Whited35

The hidden mining process causes real problems affecting the device that targeted it, as it suffers from being exposed to the experience of browsing sites that use hidden mining from the very slow performance of its device.

• +1 1

The matter is very simple first do not register with any cloud site and do not agree with the cookies and add buttons on browsers in a nutshell Do not come close to mining in order not to make mistakes

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:57 PM, Jone20 said:

Yes i agree with you that this treats are even becoming very common this days as a lot of individuals download thier apps and games from pirated site that is were the get infected by this malwares and thier systems get hijacked. 

Hackers can exploit your device with hidden mining and download mining codes for it by sending malicious links to users by e-mail, or by advertising on a website in the form of Java, which works automatically once it is loaded on the victim's browser.

If your computer speed is very slower I advise you to scan the computer if there are any adware or the malware altering the speed of the computer. I suggest you to install premium version of the antivirus software like malwarebytes so that there will be no sort of the hacking attempts. 

I determine such mining by CPU usage in the task Manager. And if there is one, you have to find it manually.

You can count on Internet browser add-ons to protect our devices from crypto mining. Google Chrome has a few to choose from, top rated additions include minerBlock, No Coin and Coin-Hive Blocker.

There are many hidden mining sites around us that we do not understand at present, but in this case we have various extensions of Google Chrome through which we can detect hidden minions, and through Google search we can find out how hidden minions are known and closed in our browsers.

On 3/25/2020 at 6:27 PM, Jone20 said:

Well i dont do mining on my desktop because i dont want to see it get damaged because of continue mining. As it consume lots of electricity. Mining is harmful for your desktop. 

I so much appreciate your post-topic and other users comment is indeed interesting and informative, thanks to you all.

Preventing your computer and other devices from attacks of hackers is a great deal to attatch a lot of importance. Do not click on any link you see online, most of them are phishing links where most of the times they deceived people with profits and at the end of the day, they got robbed. One thing again is to get a license antivirus software for your PC .

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

You are right that my friend can know this by performing the device. If it is slow, this means that the computer is using it, and we also should not permanently connect to the internet and connect only when we want to work.

I visited some sites before and they said that if we can let our pc in this moment that we are un the site to mine and that could be a better thing but doing this bad thing without knowing that is reqlly illegal and they need to put rules for that in the internet from Google.

I suggest you to use Firefox that blocks JavaScript mining by default. Chrome doesn't have this function and websites still profit from this as Chrome is used by the majority of people. Most ad blockers also have a built in mining blocker. 

STAKECUBE - Wallet, staking and shared masternodes

Interest - earn 7.572% annual interest, paid daily

Cloud Mining - lifetime contracts, get 100 GH/S for 4$

Withdrawal - withdraw your coins with NO fees

REGISTER HERE