What Is Crypto Custodian? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Agios

What Is Crypto Custodian?

The custodians can be the third party who manage and handles the security challenges faced by crypto currency exchange on the cryptpo sites 

13 hours ago, Agios said:

Crypto Custodians are third parties who provide crypto storage services, and are responsible for securing the client's crypto. Examples of trusted and safe custodians like Coinbase Custody, Custodian Onchain, and Xapo. If an investor's crypto is stolen, there is no regulation that requires the custodian to be responsible for returning the investor's crypto. Is Crypto Custodian better than direct ownersghip (Hot Wallet and offline / Cold Wallet)?

I dont have any experience about crypto custodians but i used coinbase exchanger which is secure and user friendly i transfer my crypto currencies to youbit to coinbase for collecting .

I am not a fan of such a service. i believe binance shows the way in this regard. Binance offers insurance for each and every asset in it accounts, and hence if there is hack, everyone will be refunded their balances. I prefer this kind of service.

4 hours ago, jaromz said:

I don't want and like this crypto custodian you are talking about dude, just what I like the most still are using ledger, cold wallets or hardware wallet were I managed my own assets wers others don't have the authority to control it. 

This is just a discourse for discussion bro, also to increase knowledge So it is not a matter of liking or disliking crypto custodian 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:59 AM, Agios said:

Crypto Custodians are third parties who provide crypto storage services, and are responsible for securing the client's crypto. Examples of trusted and safe custodians like Coinbase Custody, Custodian Onchain, and Xapo. If an investor's crypto is stolen, there is no regulation that requires the custodian to be responsible for returning the investor's crypto. Is Crypto Custodian better than direct ownersghip (Hot Wallet and offline / Cold Wallet)?

absolutely not, cold wallet are better than hot wallet, for the reason that you already mentioned.

if the site will be hacked you will lose your funds and can't do anything about that.

keeping crypto in your cold wallet, where you own the private keys, is the safest way to not lose your money. never leave your money in custodial wallets, it is too risky

Well, it depends on what custodian they will use of course we should choose the trusted and most secured wallet to ensure the safety of our coins.

I prefer  direct ownership which is hot wallet or hardware wallet, hackers cannot hack into hardware wallet even if they try to do it i can destroy the wallet and cashout my money.

On 1/29/2020 at 11:59 AM, Agios said:

I personally think that crypto custodian works great for those who are wanting to invest into cryptocurrencies but do not have the time and knowledge to do so, although your statements provide that if the crypto is then stolen they would not have responsibility over it then people should prefer into actually owning it.

BitGo cryptocurrency сustodian said that its security, cargo space and liquidity armed forces are confined by a number of signatures, and altogether supported means are integrated through a record submission indoctrination interface. It is celebrated that in half a shake the tune-up chains additional than 200 coins and tokens. But nobody is assumed about liability in case of theft.

4 hours ago, Basel098 said:

I do not recommend storing with a company. You should store bitcoin on your own in your own wallet and you are responsible for the currency

Yes, it is better for you to store in your own wallet and not deposit with any other company. I advise you

10 minutes ago, Basel098 said:

Thank you my friend for your comment and I do not recommend putting your money on someone else's behalf

Thank you for your participation, welcome

• Useful or interesting 1

On 1/29/2020 at 9:29 AM, Agios said:

If through crypto custodian you could not earn interest then there is no reason to store crypto in other's custody because no one could return your coins if your coins are stolen. So it is better to keep your coins in your personal wallet with security.

If you have trust issues then a crypto custodian would be useful or when you have a lot of crypto then it is hard to trust any wallet because they are operated by profit seeking individuals. In such cases custodian is useful or it can also be used as a mediator and trustable figure for exchanging crypto but for regular activities wallets are fine.

468x60-3.png

Welcome with me

"There is no regulation that requires the custodian to be responsible for re-encrypting the investor." From this, we understand that Crypto Custodians have no benefit in providing encryption storage services
The best direct owners are much better

Crypto custodian store bitcoin for clients, something like coinbase. Crypto custodian is good but not be said to be better than direct ownership or offline wallet as a result of the more security involved in direct ownership or offline wallet. 

Edited by Haony

I will not use a third party to store crypto, because I can store them myself safely. I am sure there will be no third party who wants to receive free bitcoin storage

It is a popular medium, its disappearance in every country. We are all one with it, because through it, we get to cry. Which makes money on the table. Everyone wants it to win popularity throughout life

On 1/29/2020 at 8:59 AM, Agios said:

The security persons are the most and best job in the world becasue now peoples will hack the system of the peoples and get the data of their account and they hack all their money in seconds and no one now that which person will do this.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I don't think using Crypto Custodian seems like a good idea, why should they be trusted and what guarantees do they seem to provide for nothing?
This is why it is best to keep your currencies yourself

THINK POSITIVE

it is good information that you have provided , they are responsible only if your crypto gets stolen due to their security failure 

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:59 AM, Agios said:

Yeah they help in securing the money of all its users and they also have better security because hire some of the best software developers all over the world so they really play a major role in the Crypto currency space today.

I don't really have any idea about Crypto Custodian, I also think that by knowing your post I will know about this Crypto Custodian, I hope you will find out about it through your post.